The perfect body for Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you guys think?

If this guy is 1/4 scale, he is about 18" tall. Anyone own one of these and can take a pic of it next to Vader?

review_dstindy_11.jpg

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_121008a.htm

Last edited:
Predator body won't work now, Chewie has to be taller than Vader and Vader's taller than Predators.

Maul is the same body as Indy so you are talking about a PF size figure next to a 12" (14" for Vader) figure...not even close. :lol

p1030403.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say Chewie lies just about the middleground between Vader's height and Maul's in that photo.

Vader is a little tall... if Chewy is designed in relation to his height, Han will look like a gnome when posed with the walking carpet.

The 1/4 scale figures would be too bulky as well.

The best available body would probably be the 14" DC Direct Sinestro figure. The figure is tall and lanky which would look about right once covered in fur. The height would still have to be slightly modified even though his shoulders are higher than Vader, the helmet still makes Vader slightly taller.

Not the best pictures but you should get a good idea between the two.

p1030405m.jpg

p1030409z.jpg

And one side by side with Han.

p1030415y.jpg

The DC body looks about perfect for Chewie in that pic next to Han. I'd rather he be out of scale with Vader and in scale with Han as opposed to Chewie being way too tall just because he's gotta be taller than Vader.

The DC body looks about perfect for Chewie in that pic next to Han. I'd rather he be out of scale with Vader and in scale with Han as opposed to Chewie being way too tall just because he's gotta be taller than Vader.

I agree.

Wasn't the Kanamit's size about right for Chewie?

I thought so too, but I think he's still a little bit short for Chewie.

why not just make him as tall as Vader, and simply use the Vader body ( which, is my guess of what sideshow will actually do)

why not just make him as tall as Vader, and simply use the Vader body ( which, is my guess of what sideshow will actually do)

Too buffed. Mayhew actually has a build that the Buck would surprisingly compliment, which is why I still think the Kanamit looks fine for Chewie (a tall custom Pro would work too). Matter of fact, I think some of the better custom Chewies here utilized the Kanamit's Buck.

Most custom Chewies I've seen look like they use the Hasbro Chewie as a base and end up looking too bulky, haven't seen many that have the right, lanky look.

I agree with you...I think this is the reason why Vader is slightly too tall. I believe SSC will use that body for both the other Vader's as well as a buck for Chewie.

Too buffed.

Buffed or not, this wouldn't be the first time SSC cut corners to use a buck that didn't exactly reflect the screen accurate scale of height from one character to another...does anyone remember what SSC did about the Luke/Han height issue:rolleyes: :huh

Oh yeah, they just took a picture to make it look right!:duh:google

Now that's a thread I'd like to see!

A collection of all the Custom Chewbacca's and a breakdown of their build up.

Who's going to start the ball rolling (I can't, don't have one :monkey2)

DG

Back