The perfect body for Chewbacca?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you...I think this is the reason why Vader is slightly too tall. I believe SSC will use that body for both the other Vader's as well as a buck for Chewie.

Buffed or not, this wouldn't be the first time SSC cut corners to use a buck that didn't exactly reflect the screen accurate scale of height from one character to another...does anyone remember what SSC did about the Luke/Han height issue:rolleyes: :huh

Oh yeah, they just took a picture to make it look right!:duh:google

A rushed SDCC exclusive vs. a figure they'll have plenty of time to develop? :lol It's faaaaaaaar too early to start chicken-littling Chewie man. And with how far they went in getting Vader right, goes to show that they won't make Chewbacca a rush job. Hell, if that were the case, he'd be sitting on our shelves already looking like Hasbro's electrocuted muppet.

Seems a number of great custom Chewies have been made... I'll actually have one of these slim DCD bodies soon (ordered the V for Vendetta figure) may have to take a crack at Chewie myself.

A rushed SDCC exclusive vs. a figure they'll have plenty of time to develop? :lol It's faaaaaaaar too early to start chicken-littling Chewie man. And with how far they went in getting Vader right, goes to show that they won't make Chewbacca a rush job. Hell, if that were the case, he'd be sitting on our shelves already looking like Hasbro's electrocuted muppet.

No "chicken-littling" at all...just makes sense and is perfectly on par with SSC's recent history. And who said the SDCC was a rush job :huh
Did SDCC sneak up on em? Nooooo. Did they say they rushed it? Nooooo Not sure where you got that info. Sure the set had problems but no more than say, the reg. stormtrooper with its chest armor issue, loose joints and lens oversprays with the paint.

Gawd knows they won't rush it...four years into developing the line and I don't even think they have stated that it is in developement on any level, have they?

No "chicken-littling" at all...just makes sense and is perfectly on par with SSC's recent history. And who said the SDCC was a rush job :huh
Did SDCC sneak up on em? Nooooo. Did they say they rushed it? Nooooo Not sure where you got that info. Sure the set had problems but no more than say, the reg. stormtrooper with its chest armor issue, loose joints and lens oversprays with the paint.

Gawd knows they won't rush it...four years into developing the line and I don't even think they have stated that it is in developement on any level, have they?

It was in chat, Irish posted Sideshow's comments in the Han&Luke thread so you'll find it there with just a bit of reading. They stated that there wasn't enough time to address the height and have them ready for SDCC. So chicken littling, yes, absolutely. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, if you pop over to the "Pro Height Issue" thread in Ask Sideshow (here), you'll see a reply from Dusty where she states that while they don't care about the height differential between Indy and Han, as they're different lines, the height differences within the individual lines themselves are important. Just brush up a bit on your reading and you'll be more aware of what's going on. :lol

Seems a number of great custom Chewies have been made... I'll actually have one of these slim DCD bodies soon (ordered the V for Vendetta figure) may have to take a crack at Chewie myself.

That is on the small slim figure though so you will have to really work on modifying the height. The only tall slim DC figure is the Sinestro.

Ah Bummer... didn't realize there was a small and tall version of the slim. Hmm... wonder if I hacked off the feet from one of the Hasbro versions if I would be able to add enough height w/o looking weird.

Yeah, here are a couple quick pics to see the size difference. V is only about 1/2 to 3/4" taller than Han and still only makes it up to the chin on the Sinestro body.

p1030439.jpg

p1030444w.jpg

How much taller is Chewbacca than Vader? The freeze chamber scene is the only one I can think of where they would be close to each other.

Probably more important for Chewie to be in scale with Han than in scale with Vader.

Sucks about the V figure... but on the plus side should make his conversion to a True-Type less annoying :lol

It was in chat, Irish posted Sideshow's comments in the Han&Luke thread so you'll find it there with just a bit of reading. They stated that there wasn't enough time to address the height and have them ready for SDCC. So chicken littling, yes, absolutely. :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, if you pop over to the "Pro Height Issue" thread in Ask Sideshow (here), you'll see a reply from Dusty where she states that while they don't care about the height differential between Indy and Han, as they're different lines, the height differences within the individual lines themselves are important. Just brush up a bit on your reading and you'll be more aware of what's going on. :lol

Sorry bro, but unlike you, I don't have the time to check and read every post or threads on SSFs. So, Jocasta Nu, as our resident "historian", I'll leave that to you :rolleyes::rotfl

And it is still not "chicken littling" at all. There are other examples of SSC screwing up the height issue or just not paying enough attention to it...Ki Adi Mundi comes to mind.

So you can call it what you want but the possiblity is there and there is evidence to support it.

Edit:

Here's a shot of Prowse and Mayhew standing next to each other.

from-left-to-right-han-solo-darth-vader-chewbacca-28360-1247841027-25.jpg

Oh look, didn't SSC keep Leia in scale with the ANH offering?

Oh right, they didn't even try:monkey3:rolleyes:

Like I said, there's evidence to support it.

So guys im going to make a 15" body useing various body parts.
Lengthen torso, arms and thighs and lower legs. Not bigger just the lanky chewie look right ? I cant get hold of one of those Sideshow long body, well i can but i couldnt bring myself to strip it and use it for something else. The Jaws figures go for a lot of money these days.

So guys im going to make a 15" body useing various body parts.
Lengthen torso, arms and thighs and lower legs. Not bigger just the lanky chewie look right ? I cant get hold of one of those Sideshow long body, well i can but i couldnt bring myself to strip it and use it for something else. The Jaws figures go for a lot of money these days.

Kanamit body works perfectly and they don't fetch much.

Yeah, here are a couple quick pics to see the size difference. V is only about 1/2 to 3/4" taller than Han and still only makes it up to the chin on the Sinestro body.

p1030439.jpg

p1030444w.jpg

Are all of the DC Direct 1/6 figs the same height as this Sinestro figure or are they different sizes? Or is he the tallest of the DC Direct figures.

Back