The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Didn't PJ have gastric bypass surgery?

Absolutely NOT.

And it's his business, he's a big boy. If he gained some back and more to come so what? He knows what he has to do to take it off again if he decides to.

Healthy or not. People Smoke, drink, drugs, etc. He's a smart guy, he'll handle it.

Last edited:

Alex posted in chat that SS as of yet does not have the licence for the Hobbit. Hopefully that will change!

That needs to change! STAT!

Yep, when Weta get it ;)

Maybe Sideshow and Weta can share it. My only fear of SS getting it is all the superhero action poses they could give us, aswell as the high cost of buying a complete line, not to mention the tax! :mad:

Absolutely NOT.

You mad bro? :confused:

I had heard that he did. It's not meant to be a criticism to him in any way. Lots of people do it and it changes their life for the better. Whether he did or didn't, he gets the credit. It honestly doesn't matter to me.

And it's his business, he's a big boy. If he gained some back and more to come so what? He knows what he has to do to take it off again if he decides to.

Yes. :exactly:

There is more to health and wellbeing than how much you weigh. In the long term I hope he takes good care of himself regardless of his weight, and lives a thousand years and his beard never grows thin.

And if he's letting some pounds come back on right now it doesn't make me worry that he's at death's door.

Okay, so I heard wrong. Why you mad? :huh

I'm not, it's misinfo spread about a man that worked hard. Wouldn't you be?

Better just to set the record straight then jump on someone. [I see that you just edited in a quote... thanks for defining yogurt for me. :/ ]

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/lords-of-the-slimmers-incredible-shrinking-men-518573.html

What was his secret? Annoyingly, it isn't a diet-and-fitness regimen that many people could easily follow. Mr Jackson disdains to follow any South Beach fad, any low-carb nonsense from the likes of Dr Atkins. His weight-loss strategy, he says, involves intense work - a punishing, 21-hour working day on the set of King Kong, shooting by night, cutting and surviving on three hours' sleep a night.

No mention of gastric bypass, and no Atkins! :rock

Really hoping SS gets this liscense. Also hoping it will fuel the fire in getting 1/6 scale dwarves. The LOTR fellowship sure is missing a very important member...

I'm hopping that Dwarf bodies means a better Gimli bash! :lecture

I'm loving these production blogs, and it's great to see most of the LOTR cast return! What great fun PJ has brought to us, and I'm looking forward to many more blogs!!! BRAVO to all involved in bringing the fans some great stuff!

Just watched the 3rd production video a third time. The part where Bombur is playing the "Metallica version" of the drinking song is hilarious. :rotfl

Just watched the 3rd production video a third time. The part where Bombur is playing the "Metallica version" of the drinking song is hilarious. :rotfl

I got a laugh out of that myself.

I am really excited about this movie. It looks great (at least visually) so far.

I am very interested to see Beorn and how they handle that character.

Back