The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit it does irk me a bit that a unlockable on a console game is tied to a damn pc achievement.

Yeah and you get no weapon skins for buying the console, just an unlockable character that I will already get with the Epic edition

You get the omen weapon skins with the console. Thats why I didn't feel so bad for cancelling the epic edition.

Saw this in an article on the Gears site:

We are also excited to announce a partnership with the US Air Force for “Gears of War 3 Golden Wings Week”. Play any match on Xbox LIVE from September 20-26, and receive the Golden Lancer and Golden Hammerburst weapon skins. You are not going to want to miss out on completing your Gold Weapon collection.

Nice! I think this game is gonna blow the roof off the awesome level of the other two and maybe most other shooters we've played.

no you're not...you're playing it to get the chrome weapon :lol

I already have one achievement for the Chrome Sawed-Off. :nana:

But it is a pain in the arse since I don't really have a gaming PC and the gameplay isn't overly smooth. :duh

Ok, I have my plan for launch...

1.) I'll go to Future Shop at midnight to see if I can get the Epic Edition and a SteelBook case.

...if that doesn't work...

2.) I'll go to Walmart at 7AM when they open to see if they have any Epic Editions in stock.

3.) I'll see if the Best Buy I pre-ordered the console from has any Epic Editions in stock when I pick it up on Tuesday night...

4.) I'll just pick up a second regular version and wait 6 months until the Epic Edition is on-sale somewhere and get it then.

:slap :cuckoo: :rotfl

Ok, I have my plan for launch...

1.) I'll go to Future Shop at midnight to see if I can get the Epic Edition and a SteelBook case.

2.) I'll go to Walmart at 7AM when they open to see if they have any Epic Editions in stock.

3.) I'll see if the Best Buy I pre-ordered the console from has any Epic Editions in stock when I pick it up on Tuesday night...

4.) I'll just pick up a second regular version and wait 6 months until the Epic Edition is on-sale somewhere and get it then.

:slap :cuckoo: :rotfl

and while you do all that I'll just play the game :lol

btw if you are experienced at gears of war they recommend you play gears 3 first time at hardcore level as they made normal easier than before

obviously once campaign is completed insane difficulty unlocks

I guess I could always just preorder it on line and have it delivered but where's the fun in that? :duh :rotfl

Thats true. :lol

btw if you are experienced at gears of war they recommend you play gears 3 first time at hardcore level as they made normal easier than before

Think I'm gonna go through on normal first. Just want to really enjoy the story mode first then I'll go through on the harder difficulties.

I was going to play hardcore for the first play through anyway. Thanks for the info though! When I look back, I don't think I ever played Gears 2 on normal. I played Gears 1 so many times I knew it like the back of my hand. So I dove right into hardcore. Gears 3 will be no different.

Although, I've heard that ammo is not as easy to come by this time around. Basically every shot is going to count.

normal has aim assist

Yeah, I think you or someone posted that. I just really want to enjoy the ride of the story for the last game. I plan to play it many many times over on the harder levels but want to like I said enjoy the last ride through.

Back