The Night HE Came Home: Show Us Some MYERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure to check out my Instagram horror_fiend_collector
IMG_20200512_124238.jpg

Body and jumpsuit looks good, not sure if it’s the camera or sculpt but the mask looks stretched vertically there.

Progress on the 2018 V2. Tired of seeing **** sculpts being produced. I will be taking orders soon on it, but as blanks only. Tired of spending endless hours and have people buy my stuff on the low and not give me any kind of credit because of the 1/6 drama. So all of you who want to continue to buy in secret, that's fine, but they will be blanks.

PhotoGrid_1592329924665.jpg

This is why I never felt good about a 1/6 artist collabing with a company (with their reputation). Try to cram junk down our throats. No way man. Time, LOVE should have been put into the project. I'll buy them, togive to my 5 year old daughter. Sorry if this offends anyone ��IMG_20200617_214644_355.jpg

You keep ******** on the TOTS stuff, and pushing the idea that your custom stuff is far superior. Like yeah, your work is good and maybe it?s better but it?s custom vs mass produced and I still think I actually prefer the TOTS 2018 sculpt. If there isn?t a downgrade from proto to production (although there likely will be) I?ll be all over it, especially for the $120 price tag when you?re getting a full figure with a painted and haired (even if it?s sculpted, which I prefer) headsculpt. Not everyone has the talent to paint and hair the sculpts and might not want to spend the couple hundred to have someone do it for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

******** on tots because it's ****. Zero love has been put into what fans have been clamoring for. This could have been the ultimate fan service. But nah. Sixth scale artists gave blueprints away, their craft that they have been continuously growing on, to this company who does not give a damn about making a quality product. It's a huge cop out.

You wanna swallow that, open up. Not me. I have never given a piece of my soul for that. Never will. OUT. Be mad alone.

Way I see it, TOTS has ventured into an area that no one else with mass production resources has delved into and is bringing something to collectors at an affordable cost and reasonable quality.

ThreeZero took on Halloween with a single figure that had issues and cost slightly more than TOTS figures and everyone hoped it would mean other incarnations of Myers and it became a one and done. Whether the line will succeed enough to get all the other incarnations, who knows, but TOTS at least seems committed to bringing them all to the market.

There is a market for TOTS figures, custom figures have hefty price tags and often very limited availability. I've wanted a 1/6 '78 Myers for years but the best headsculpts out there have cost a few hundred, then there's hunting down coveralls which are probably a couple hundred more. A decent custom '78 Myers will run anywhere from $500-$1000. That's just not feasible for many, it's never been feasible for me. The TOTS figure is perfect, the mask sculpt is exactly how I could want, the clothes look fine enough for me and as long as the body isn't all floppy and can't hold a pose, I'll be fine with that too and if it is, a replacement should run maybe $20.

There is room for customs and mass production pieces to exist. If you have the means to make or buy custom works and really tailor figures to your personal tastes, great, go for it, that's what the hobby is for. There's no need to be insulting or critical of people who take a different path from your own. I have talked to collectors who invested into custom Myers and have said the TOTS figures are not for them but they don't begrudge anyone who can now have a wanted figure finally.

Way I see it, TOTS has ventured into an area that no one else with mass production resources has delved into and is bringing something to collectors at an affordable cost and reasonable quality.

ThreeZero took on Halloween with a single figure that had issues and cost slightly more than TOTS figures and everyone hoped it would mean other incarnations of Myers and it became a one and done. Whether the line will succeed enough to get all the other incarnations, who knows, but TOTS at least seems committed to bringing them all to the market.

There is a market for TOTS figures, custom figures have hefty price tags and often very limited availability. I've wanted a 1/6 '78 Myers for years but the best headsculpts out there have cost a few hundred, then there's hunting down coveralls which are probably a couple hundred more. A decent custom '78 Myers will run anywhere from $500-$1000. That's just not feasible for many, it's never been feasible for me. The TOTS figure is perfect, the mask sculpt is exactly how I could want, the clothes look fine enough for me and as long as the body isn't all floppy and can't hold a pose, I'll be fine with that too and if it is, a replacement should run maybe $20.

There is room for customs and mass production pieces to exist. If you have the means to make or buy custom works and really tailor figures to your personal tastes, great, go for it, that's what the hobby is for. There's no need to be insulting or critical of people who take a different path from your own. I have talked to collectors who invested into custom Myers and have said the TOTS figures are not for them but they don't begrudge anyone who can now have a wanted figure finally.

Yeah, I agree man. I have other hobbies, a family and a life that costs money. If I had a spare grand for custom work, I'd likely do it very specifically but I'm a mass product person. I have a collection of signed figures from companies like NECA and others that I love. I'd rather shell out a reasonable amount for the figure and a little more for the signature and have a unique collection rather than unique because it's custom and super expensive. I don't think the trick or treat stuff is that bad. Not perfect but hot toys ain't doing this ****.....

Just put my Myers on a new body
I'm really loving the look.

20200630_221231.jpg

Last edited:
Let’s not fight over what a user has or has not done, we need to be respectful to each other, including said user who. Criticism can be shared without being disrespectful.

Back