The Metal Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pffft. angela looks and sounds better. imo.
angela passed over the torch to alissa, with blessing and all. plus she's still involved in the management aspect of arch enemy, just stepped out of the spotlight.

she does sound better.... but i dont know about looking better, I think angela is hot but this chick is really really hot too

Alissa's previous band The agonist was pretty good. She blended a lot of vocals into their music. She's obviously not Angela but I think she's a great replacement.

eb4.gif

Last edited:
Those are 2 winners right there fistfulmetal.I'd also add Carnage-Dark Recollections and Dissection The Somberlain as well.

good post fistfull.

i hated the new In Flames Album Siren Charms at first listen, but after about 10 complete listens I really, really like it. It's a far cry from melodic death metal that made them famous, their pace is much slowed and subdued, but it's soo friggin beautiful

good post fistfull.

i hated the new In Flames Album Siren Charms at first listen, but after about 10 complete listens I really, really like it. It's a far cry from melodic death metal that made them famous, their pace is much slowed and subdued, but it's soo friggin beautiful
Those early albums were great. Ever since their style changed and slowed down, I stayed away from them. Maybe I might like the new album. I'll check it out.

Those are 2 winners right there fistfulmetal.I'd also add Carnage-Dark Recollections and Dissection The Somberlain as well.
Yeah those bands are awesome too.

Those early albums were great. Ever since their style changed and slowed down, I stayed away from them. Maybe I might like the new album. I'll check it out.

as one reviewer stated: Anybody that wants metal and only metal should look elsewhere, this album is miles away from the metal universe. For anybody that likes heavily emotional songs, you will be happy to hear that In Flames is aiming at you.

here's his review, and i have to agree with just about everything he says about the new In Flames album:
https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/In_Flames/Siren_Charms/409154/Kritik/302958

pretty bad bait and switch

the first one was great, old school slipknot that a lot of the fans were asking for, for a long time

then the second one was typical stonesour.

i think the new Slipknot album is good. Not great. The last 10-15 seconds of The Negative One are tremendous.

I've been rocking the new Devin Townsend Ziltoid album and Machine Head as of late.

For anyone that hasn't heard of Devin Townsend...he's the greatest mind in Heavy Metal today and for about the last 17 years. Mad Heavy Metal Scientist, if you will.

Check him out, i'm certain you will find something you like out of his 30 or so albums.
tumblr_ncqp17cM8t1qzuosqo1_500.gif

Last edited:
I've always been a Slipknot fan and like the progression they made over the last few albums. The new one is really good IMHO. Same goes for Machine Head. They can never do wrong in my book.

And Devin Townsend is a GOD! I'm more of a SYL fan than anything he's done but really love the first Ziltoid album so I'll have to pick the new one up.

Here's what I've been hooked on lately as well:

I also LOVE Ghost, saw them last year with friends. And it was one of the best concerts EVER they played both albums and then the band did an encore and played 2 more songs. I wish I would've been in front row because my friend not only drank the wine but got a Eucharist also guitarist threw a pick and he caught it.

I cannot complain too much though as I got to sit behind a red rope near the actual bands audio guy. It was pretty badass as he was Head banging as much as everyone else even whilst controlling the bands sound levels :)

Back