The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oaza3vr.jpg

Now add old Ted. Whoa.

I watched The Matrix again a couple of days ago, and while some of the stuff looks a bit dated, it's still a great movie. And it ends so perfectly, that a sequel seems such a stupid idea... Now, I haven't watched either of the sequels in ages, so I don't remember just how it makes sense that Neo still struggles in the matrix after basically becoming a god in it.
And I'm afraid to find out.

I guess it's a lot like ANH. The first one had to be stand-alone in case it bombed. Then when it warranted sequels they had to do a minor retcon.

Yeah, early scripts from the 90's didn't have Neo becoming the one by the end of the first film, so the film eventually became more self contained and less open ended.

Still, Neo didn't really struggle against the agents at all. They had a few "upgrades" to compete with Neo, but they were no challenge at all. The only one that was a challenge was Smith, but he wasn't a part of the Matrix anymore and had gained new powers. He was like the anti neo.

I watched The Matrix again a couple of days ago, and while some of the stuff looks a bit dated, it's still a great movie. And it ends so perfectly, that a sequel seems such a stupid idea... Now, I haven't watched either of the sequels in ages, so I don't remember just how it makes sense that Neo still struggles in the matrix after basically becoming a god in it.
And I'm afraid to find out.

It always bugged me that he's still subservient to Morpheus, and people like Lock doubt his powers as well.

It always bugged me that he's still subservient to Morpheus

I actually thought it was cool. When Morpheus, Trinity and Neo walk in together into a room looked cool, and Morpheus was still the captain of the ship, so Neo respecting the hierarchy was nice, because even with all his powers, he was third in ranking, behind Trinity too.

Back