The Losing Intrest In Hot Toys Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only pending figures at the moment are Leia and Ant Man. I may even skip the TFA line, with possibly the exception of the Rey/BB8 set. Just have the Jakku Trooper at the moment. I just don't wish to get into another line.

Last year was mostly my "catch up" year and I picked up a very large number of older figures for some incredible deals. I don't see myself ever doing that again. May even sell off some, as I've run out of display space and I'm happy where my collection is, at the moment.

No. I currently have 42 Hot Toys figures (38 sixth scale and 4 quarter scale). I have sold 5 Hot Toys in the past month because I am moving soon, and I'm trying my best to not go pre-order crazy like usual. I often joke about collecting Hot Toys being the only other reason I make money besides survival.. And there's actually a lot of truth to it.

Delays frustrate me to not want any preorders .... I'm not a rich guy and paying on more than 3 figures a month is out of my league . Then when a figure jumps my payment schedule or gets pushed into a different 1 ... It sorta F's me .

Unless you're a fan of the company and has to buy every single figure they produce, I don't see how you can "lose the interest".

My interest dropped 2-3 years ago. Before then, I would buy all kinds of HT stuff, even figures I was only marginally interested in like Whiplash or Aldo Raine. Nowadays, I'm almost totally done with the super hero characters, and focus on OT Star Wars and films I really love like BTTF, Terminator, and Aliens. But I'm still totally in for those. And I don't really have brand loyalty. If anyone else can produce figures I want in the quality I will accept, I'll go for it. But HT has set the standard for expectations with 1/6 scale figures. Medicom and SSC have been left in the dust, and 90% of the other stuff out there still can't hang. But more Blitzway licenses is news for hope, as is the stuff from Virtual Toys. Hopefully PCS can produce decent quality figures, as well. But we'll see.

After seeing Beetlejuice and the new Luke, maybe we need a losing interest in Sideshow thread...
Most here have already lost interest there, I fear.

The fact of the matter is even though ht can be frustrating to deal with they still make the best 1/6th scale figures out there. The only good thing though is other companies are starting to catch up and the prices aren't as high as Hts. Having said that ht are still the best bet to release figures from classic licenses such as predator, terminator, aliens and robocop.

SSC have lost the plot. Never ordered another product since Nathan Drake. Some of their best stuff was Order of the Jedi, now people are selling these gems at 20 quid a piece, they arent perfect but for the money i happily still have them displayed

SSC have lost the plot. Never ordered another product since Nathan Drake. Some of their best stuff was Order of the Jedi, now people are selling these gems at 20 quid a piece, they arent perfect but for the money i happily still have them displayed

Where can I get them for that cheap?

I think my problem is that it takes so long for these to release that I'm not satisfying that itch when it needs to be scratched, and then when the time comes, it's like meh. I feel like I have been waiting forever for Antman to ship.

A real shot in the arm would be the Matrix. Big, ripe, low hanging fruit.

A real shot in the arm would be the Matrix. Big, ripe, low hanging fruit.

Agreed. I really used to want those... But now I think I'm beyond caring. I'm just not excited about Hot Toys anymore. Really enjoying getting back into vintage stuff, nowadays.

Back