The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back into collecting after a few years in the collectors wilderness & it was the whole Sideshow Weta LotR line that got me into collecting in the first place. So unfortunately I missed the whole Premium Format, Polystone & Legendary Scale Bust lines.

I know they did a PF Morgul Lord but can someone tell me please if they ever did a Polystone Statue of him. I have the original beautiful Sideshow Weta version of him along with the Eowyn statue companion piece. :eowyn :nazgul But I have no idea if they ever did him in their recent Polystone Statue range.

Nope. .....

I'm back into collecting after a few years in the collectors wilderness & it was the whole Sideshow Weta LotR line that got me into collecting in the first place. So unfortunately I missed the whole Premium Format, Polystone & Legendary Scale Bust lines.

I know they did a PF Morgul Lord but can someone tell me please if they ever did a Polystone Statue of him. I have the original beautiful Sideshow Weta version of him along with the Eowyn statue companion piece. :eowyn :nazgul But I have no idea if they ever did him in their recent Polystone Statue range.

They have made the Twighlight, non armour version of him with a companion cloaked Ringwraith version :wink1:

WETA are making 1/6 scale statues again, but if it's PF's you're after I would hold little faith in seeing anything new other than the odd piece :dunno

They have made the Twighlight, non armour version of him with a companion cloaked Ringwraith version :wink1:

WETA are making 1/6 scale statues again, but if it's PF's you're after I would hold little faith in seeing anything new other than the odd piece :dunno

Cheers, mate.

Yeah, this Sideshow LotR forum is a sad place to be at the moment. It's a damn shame given the LotR & Sideshows rich history together.

I actually just read on here that Weta are now making their own Polystone Statues & that they even have a UK warehouse to distribute them from. Funnily enough, so did Sideshow the last time I ordered from them. Now we in the EU have to pay astronomical import fees & VAT for every product we buy directly from them.

What a bummer. :(

Cheers, mate.

Yeah, this Sideshow LotR forum is a sad place to be at the moment. It's a damn shame given the LotR & Sideshows rich history together.

I actually just read on here that Weta are now making their own Polystone Statues & that they even have a UK warehouse to distribute them from. Funnily enough, so did Sideshow the last time I ordered from them. Now we in the EU have to pay astronomical import fees & VAT for every product we buy directly from them.

What a bummer. :(

SS isn't quite done with LOTR yet I'd imagine and we do have Weta. So its not all lost and we still have reason to be looking forward to Middle-earth related products.

Well, sadly, the final two PO's they were talking about were Both Comic related.

Well, at least I can get the pieces that I missed now, instead of having to worry about new PF's and other items.

SS isn't quite done with LOTR yet I'd imagine and we do have Weta. So its not all lost and we still have reason to be looking forward to Middle-earth related products.

What makes you say that about SS? At ComicCon, they officially stated that they weren't showing any new LOTR "because they didn't want it to get lost in the hoopla of the show"and that we would see something "shortly" after. About a month or so ago, we were told it would be shown at Spooktacular, and now we are told "nothing is ready enough to let loose yet" and we "should have some news by the end of the year (note: SSAlex says "news" not "reveal" or "preorder".)

Soooo... If they are being truthful in that they didn't want any LOTR announcement to get overshadowed by the Con (not even sure why they would say this, but let's assume the truth for argument's sake), why now are they not even able to show a tease of a product nearly 4 months later? Seems to me that have nothing up their sleeves other than some unsold stock and once that is nearly done, they'll hit us with the news that the lines are "officially" on hold (for now). The problem is, they are not being truthful and fans have had enough.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't...

I know the wait has sucked. I hate it as much as anyone but I don't think they're lying when they say they've got something in the chamber. Just a gut feeling.

I don't think SS is really done with ME. This year we got the Dark Rider and Sauron. Two large PF's with matching pricetags in the same year. It's still a licence they can potentially make money on, but add the Mavel and DC license with everything in between and there's gonna be a dry spell. I cancelled my Batman PF cuz I was over the almost 18 month wait with nothing in hand.
I do think they should finish the polystone line, they should make that a priority. If it wasn't for this line I don't think SW mythos would have been done.

Gut feelings, eh? Actually, I have a feeling we'll see something too. I just wish they wouldn't make us wait.

Does anyone know where LOTR ranks in their biggest selling licenses?

Even tho there 'coming soon' text etc is maybe a little cryptic, "figures" could mean a number of things really.

I still fully expect more PF's to come, maybe something like one LOTR PF and a couple of Hobbit PF's at around about the same time. Then you may get a couple each year, maybe mixed with a 1:2 scale one here and there.

While it's going to upset a lot of people even more, I'm really not expecting any more 1/6th scale polystone or anything just pure polystone from Sideshow. If you want that, visit the Weta web site.

Let wait and see if I'm right.

ME famine at SS right now. There's been a lot for Marvel, DC, Conan and their own Dead line lately. And even those are delayed, not long after they go up for PO - Conan PF case in point. There's always Weta, and the longer SS lags it's just more opportunity for them.
Hurry up and wait unfortunately....

Yeah, their latest email is just rubbing salt in the wounds now. I declare them officially messing with us :)

What have the elves found? As the email title. Ugh

I also don't think the ME line is dead. But as to what will come next who knows...

If it's not the Merry/Popping statue then I'm switching to Weta. I'm just concerned about prices :(

Back