The Last Ship - TNT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've enjoyed the show so far. I'm curious to see where and how they handle things because at some point they will have to come up with a cure.

Agreed and that is where I'm not sure this show can go on that long. It's like Under the Dome in that the basic concept of the show limits it's length.

I enjoyed the first episode, but I guess not enough to remember to DVR it. Speaking of Under the Dome how is that doing? I was suckered in when it was promoted as a mini-series, but bailed once they announced it was a series. Not a big fan of King. Most of his stories contain the same characters.

It's alright. I'm curious to see where they go with it. Already had a couple major characters from S1 die.

I was intrigued enough to watch it initially. Since it was only a mini-series I figured King had an ending and it didn't really matter if it was satisfying or not. Who has died?

It's already a survival show of sorts.

Yes, but they can't go forever without finding a cure and they can only stay aboard the ship for so long. If the cure takes a long time to discover then most will be dead and it will be survival of the fittest on land. TWD without the zombies.

What is all of this, 'the show can't possibly stay good past this season?' talk?!?!?! Come on, folks, this is Michael "Explosions" Bay we are talking about here!!!!!!

What is all of this, 'the show can't possibly stay good past this season?' talk?!?!?! Come on, folks, this is Michael "Explosions" Bay we are talking about here!!!!!!

Not that it can't stay good, it's just that it will have to go off into another direction.

Actually, there isn't much being blowed up in this. :lol

I'm honestly expecting the show not to get renewed after the first season finishes.

From what I understand, it's doing well in the ratings. Even my mother, who only watches baseball and shows with initials (CSI, NCIS, etc.) is watching this. I'll just be curious as to how far they'll take "finding the cure".

I hope if this show gets a second season that they ditch the cheese writing. The whole we must pray to God that the wind comes because we need it and then God's like "don't worry, I got you bro"......so lame.

Last night's episode really started to lose me on this show. Especially when they went ashore and had a campfire song. I'll give it another chance but to me its lost steam real quick and as others have mentioned, the writing is pure cheese at times. It's starting to fall into each show we have a problem that we have to fix - almost like filler and the plot doesn't really progress much(at least not last night) other than solving the current problem.

Back