Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

Well that vid just convinced me to keep it lol. I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head sculpt looks off still for me. Not sure why head is in two pieces?? Wish there was more weathering on the white face paint and more skin tone coming through. And the smirk doesn't help either.

Screenshot_20161222-114420.jpg

Yeah it's weird that the hair piece comes off like a Hot Toys Hulk, but without the options!

And I'm wondering whether the base will look okay if you don't put the flame pieces in? In that is there a peg hole for them to be inserted into, or is it just held in the road cracks by gravity?

And with the release of that video, does it mean a possible earlier release window?

Head sculpt looks off still for me.

Yeah it's pretty bad, the jaw shape looks very similar to the DX11 sculpt, there is really nothing about the sculpt that has Ledger's noticeable features.

It's good that the head is a separate piece because now we have the option of putting a custom head on it that actually looks like Ledger. Although I will admit that it looks pretty good from the profile.

Not sure why head is in two pieces??

Maybe to give the option for customizes to change the hair to it, just like they gave with the Scar Jo BW statue sculpt? :dunno

Wish there was more weathering on the white face paint and more skin tone coming through. And the smirk doesn't help either.

Well the smirk captures character, just like the sculpt on the DX11 one does.

Last edited:
Wow so it must be dropping soon then! Pretty excited. Not entirely happy with the paintjob, preferred the more weathered version of the facepaint on the proto. Good news that the headsculpt is removable. Here's hoping for a custom portrait.

Wow so it must be dropping soon then! Pretty excited. Not entirely happy with the paintjob, preferred the more weathered version of the facepaint on the proto.

Yeah looks way too clean.

Good news that the headsculpt is removable. Here's hoping for a custom portrait.

Yeah can't believe you were right Nuri, and yes hopefully someone will do a custom portrait, otherwise I will have to buy Prime 1's dam one :gah:

Yeah looks way too clean.

Agreed. Hopefully it's not quite that bad in person and maybe it's just the bright lights and white backdrop making it look that way.

Yeah can't believe you were right Nuri, and yes hopefully someone will do a custom portrait, otherwise I will have to buy Prime 1's dam one :gah:

Yeah I knew it would be. They rarely do these as 1 piece. Despite these issues though, I still prefer this to Prime 1's. Even though that one has the better likeness, the whole thing just looks like a giant Hot Toy to me. So boring. 2000 USD is also way too much.

Plus I need a matching statue for the Batman, so it has to be this. Thankfully it looks fantastic from the side, which is how I'd be viewing it anyway. I would imagine someone will have to do a custom sculpt at some point, especially given the popularity of the character.

Agreed. Hopefully it's not quite that bad in person and maybe it's just the bright lights and white backdrop making it look that way.

Yeah hopefully, at least its a good paint job as far as quality goes though.

Yeah I knew it would be. They rarely do these as 1 piece. Despite these issues though, I still prefer this to Prime 1's. Even though that one has the better likeness, the whole thing just looks like a giant Hot Toy to me. So boring. 2000 USD is also way too much.

I can see why you would think that, considering the boring museum pose.

Plus I need a matching statue for the Batman, so it has to be this. Thankfully it looks fantastic from the side, which is how I'd be viewing it anyway. I would imagine someone will have to do a custom sculpt at some point, especially given the popularity of the character.

Maybe, the trouble is PFs are not as popular as action figures. There would need to be a lot of demand for a custom sculpt to be made.

Last edited:
Yeah hopefully, at least its a good paint job as far as quality goes though.

Yeah it is. I just had a look at the assembly instructions online and I'm not sure if that is a production piece in the pictures but the paint looks quite good. I think there might be a certain degree of variance between sculpts in terms of how much 'white' there is.

I can see why you would think that, considering the boring museum pose.

Yeah it just looks really bland and boring. The details are amazing though.

Maybe, the trouble is PFs are not as popular as action figures. There would need to be a lot of demand for a custom sculpt to be made.

I've seen custom sculpts get made for PF's before, such as the comic Batman PF. Maybe someone will do one for this. Even if they don't, I'll still be content with the factory sculpt.

Yeah it is. I just had a look at the assembly instructions online and I'm not sure if that is a production piece in the pictures but the paint looks quite good. I think there might be a certain degree of variance between sculpts in terms of how much 'white' there is.

Most likely.

Yeah it just looks really bland and boring. The details are amazing though.

I know, which is why I so dam tempted, even with the sculpted hair, it looks so life-like.

I've seen custom sculpts get made for PF's before, such as the comic Batman PF. Maybe someone will do one for this.

So have I, I guess it's possible for this but I personally don't see it happening, since most customizers just make heads for action figures, like Creg's EB Joker. If someone did make a custom version it would have to be at least as good as Cregs.

Even if they don't, I'll still be content with the factory sculpt.

Speaking of which, I went back to the thread and found some original pics of just the sculpt.

I will probably display mine on angle like the last pic.

FYI, here's the link to the assembly instructions. It explains why the head is in 2 pieces (back of hair sits over the clothes). Doesn't look like the seam is visible which is good.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/instructions/3002511.pdf

Wow great find!

:clap

It actually tells you how to hide the seam.

Last edited:
Nice find on the original pics. Is the sculpt the same? That one looks more rounded on the jaw and less square. The likeness in the last pic is great. Kind of reminds me of the dx11. Looked great on angles.

Good idea to display on an angle, but if you're pairing it up with Batman it would probably look best posed from the side instead, so they're facing off with each other.

Nice find on the original pics. Is the sculpt the same? That one looks more rounded on the jaw and less square.

The jaw shape does look a bit different here but I believe that is because of the different angles shown, thus, making it appear different. :dunno Nevertheless, there may be some minor differences, but basically it's the original sculpt shown before they put it up for preorder.

Some argued that it wasn't Sideshow's, and this debate went on for a few pages starting from this page below.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...dark-knight-1-4-premium-format-statue-25.html

The likeness in the last pic is great.

Not sure about great but passable, but yeah I would be able to accept it if it looks like that on that angle.

Kind of reminds me of the dx11. Looked great on angles.

This statue has always reminded me of the DX11, everything about it, the smirk, the shape of the jaw, the narrow nose. Only thing better about this are the eyes.

Good idea to display on an angle, but if you're pairing it up with Batman it would probably look best posed from the side instead, so they're facing off with each other.

I am pretty sure you could display it on that angle and still have it looked like they are facing off with each other, I don't think it has to be directly from side on.

It's not perfect and not the most ideal ledger joker premium format, but I will get it to go with Bale. I was hoping for more since this premium format is long over due. The tailoring really makes this piece shine and makes up for the pose, base, and headsculpt short comings.

The jaw shape does look a bit different here but I believe that is because of the different angles shown, thus, making it appear different. :dunno Nevertheless, there may be some minor differences, but basically it's the original sculpt shown before they put it up for preorder.

Some argued that it wasn't Sideshow's, and this debate went on for a few pages starting from this page below.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...dark-knight-1-4-premium-format-statue-25.html

Yeah I looked again and compared with the pics on the site and it looks the same. I think it was just the hair that was throwing it off for me.

Not sure about great but passable, but yeah I would be able to accept it if it looks like that on that angle.

Well it's not perfect, but it does look like him from that angle in that pic. I think it just has a stylised/comic look to it. Either way, I hope it looks good in person.

This statue has always reminded me of the DX11, everything about it, the smirk, the shape of the jaw, the narrow nose. Only thing better about this are the eyes.

Yeah same here. I do think it looks slightly better than the DX11 personally, but yeah they both look very similar.

I am pretty sure you could display it on that angle and still have it looked like they are facing off with each other, I don't think it has to be directly from side on.

Yeah maybe. Although it might look like he's looking in the wrong direction. Either way, I'm sure you'll find out when you get it.

Back