The Indy Acquisitions ("Look What I Found") Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I'm beyond happy with it!

Brand new. Just arrived today. Yeah, Steve is still using the Staff of Ra Headpiece logo until he runs out and then will switch over to the new AB logo (which is the Mayan pyramid)

Got the KOTCS bash with the same exact specifications as the one he made for the movie, so I'm basically wearing exactly what Harrison Ford wore in the film, except custom fit to my noggin. :rock

Man Darth Neil, your pics of your Indy figs were awesome, and they were better than the movie!

Irish Jedi, nice hat..I need to pick one up and have it hanging next to my Raiders lobby cards.

You wear it well, Irish! Thank you for posting pics! I've got to get me one of those! :whip

Very nice hat, sir!

As I await Sideshow's Indy figure, still havin' a good time picking up the Hasbro ones...

2578851205_55ab4b0e4c_o.jpg

Father & son..."Crystal Skull" style!

Sure would like to see Sideshow produce these versions... :whip

Joe Strain 9 ft. Raiders-style whip...

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

Cracks like a shotgun with fantastic balance. It's been through 6-7 whipping sessions now.

:whip

Here's a fairly easy custom; it's the KOTCS Indy, which IMO has the best body and face sculpt; I prised the hat off a Temple Pitfall Indy with a knife (the hat is actually a separate piece that's just glued on, but the head underneath isn't a full headsculpt) then cut down the KOTCS Indy head and glued on the Pitfall Indy hat with Milliput. Then I painted the grey hair brown, ending up with a Raiders Indy that actually looks like Harrison Ford!

Finally picked up the delxue Indy with the Ark. Can't for the life of me figure out why he didn't come with the staff of Ra.

Anyhoo, I swapped the heads on the maproom Indy and Cairo Indy so now I have a good, fully articulated Cairo Indy and the crappy whipping gimmick body is hidden under that robe.

The body on the maproom Indy is really great, fully articulated and even has the sweat stains painted on it. I thought it was kind of a waste to leave it hidden under a robe.

Thanks for putting that on here-- I much prefer whip-action Indy hidden under the robe and now that great articulated body is used for the Cairo Indy.... Only problem is that the Cairo Indy head is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay loose on the whip-action body.:whip

Btw, im positive that body is the same one on Rocket Launcher Indy. If you put KOTCS head on there, it fits perfectly. Same KOTCS pants too.

Like I said, Horse Indy works great.

Thanks for putting that on here-- I much prefer whip-action Indy hidden under the robe and now that great articulated body is used for the Cairo Indy.... Only problem is that the Cairo Indy head is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay loose on the whip-action body.:whip

I built up the neck post using super glue. Just put a couple layers on the neck post, a couple layers in the neck joint in the head, let it dry and pop the head back on. No more wabble.

Back