Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bro Vracula at SF sum it up nicely about this open ES crap:

There are different types of collectors, but all the best collections in the world are the ones with the rarest items. Its a fact. Limited exclusivety is a major drive to this hobby take that away and u have porcelain beanie babies.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Don't collect SS items then. Because really. 1000 or more is not really "rare" Not like a one of a kind or a limited edition of 50.

I mean Look at the Hulk PF. Sure it goes for 2000.00 sometimes but in the world of collecting that would be laughed at by the pros.

My Rules of collecting:

1. Nothing but 1/4 scale
2. Sculpt has to be top notch
3. No movie PF's/maquette
4. Don't collect lines (ex. Gambit is the only good XMEN PF)
5. No Open ES Statues
6. Any thing Gore Group gets ordered (only if in 1/4 scale)
7. Only order EX.
8. Only collect DC & Marvel statues (Don't order lady death no matter how good she looks)

Do you guys have any rules you follow when ordering. This Hulk piece broke two of my rules and therefore he is not ordered.

:clap :bow:rock2 your Rules RocK ...... you r collecting hobbY is Close EditioN :wink1:....... mY rule get everythinG i likE & 1/4

Don't collect SS items then. Because really. 1000 or more is not really "rare" Not like a one of a kind or a limited edition of 50.

I mean Look at the Hulk PF. Sure it goes for 2000.00 sometimes but in the world of collecting that would be laughed at by the pros.

What are you even talking about. What makes someone a pro collector? :cuckoo:You got to chill out man.

Just ordered from Alteregos.. 10% cheaper that will cover the shipping cost.. shipping Feb 2013. have to wait for another 6 months ...

yup same here. I believe it's 8% but that is better than SSC so I'll take it and I have already made my mind up that I want this statue in my collection...open es or not. (although I don't see myself purchasing too many other open ES statues in the future)

its not Limited ES TBD(to be determine) its just limited Edition which means Open ES .....SS can produce as much they want

Oh ok, yeah, I get it. I went back a few pages and read through the whole thing. Seems like there was some confusion even with the more "senior" members. Still, kind ____ed up that Limited Edition means they will make as many as they please. For the untrained collector (such as me) this almost qualifies as false advertisement. Damn, maybe I joined this party too late. I would love to have a numbered statue but from the feedback in this thread it seems like those days are over (or it will soon be).

My rules are 1/4 marvel and characters I like on the comics movie versions are cool too though. And I collect marvel props

I'm new to this.. on sideshow websites it says Limited Edition
Est. Ship Date: February 2013

so.. where does it say this is open edition? thanks for the noob question

Damn it open es.... Ordered one on retailer.... I wander when will it sold out? Two year later? I don't understand why ss have to put limited edition on PF , That is worse Then open es

Oh ok, yeah, I get it. I went back a few pages and read through the whole thing. Seems like there was some confusion even with the more "senior" members. Still, kind ____ed up that Limited Edition means they will make as many as they please. For the untrained collector (such as me) this almost qualifies as false advertisement. Damn, maybe I joined this party too late. I would love to have a numbered statue but from the feedback in this thread it seems like those days are over (or it will soon be).

could be worse. The 1:2 Terminator Endoskeleton had a ES of 500, then they switched it to Limited Edition. Now that's false advertisement.

I think calling it 'limited edition' is taking the pi$$, it's not limited at all! The only limit is when people stop buying.
As someone said maybe the open ES kept the price down?
I will buy and never sell, maybe it will be worth a lot when my son is 50 and I'm worm food. :lol
Rather get this than a $2,000 LSF with the same conditions, at least this is affordable, just!
At the end of the day once on display, please don't _____k this up SS, the price and edition issues will be long forgot.
Hulk's going to kick ass!

I'm new to this.. on sideshow websites it says Limited Edition
Est. Ship Date: February 2013

so.. where does it say this is open edition? thanks for the noob question

They always say limited edition but it needs to have TBD (to be determined) next to it if not its open. Check out the reg batman PF on the ssc site it should still have TBD next to limited edition.

That's my feeling on the whole thing. 2,000 isn't rare but what, 1,200 is? They are both mass produced. 20, 50, even 100 is rare talk in my book. Not hundreds upon hundreds. Not much to really differentiate your SSC item from Hasbro or whatever at that point in this sense--the edition size of these figures, apart from a few rare exceptions like Gray Hulk or Neg. Zone Spidey, are almost never designed by SSC with the intention of having it be truly "rare." The point is to satisfy initial demand. And this isn't new. Boba Fett and Darth Vader PFs, released many moons ago, had edition sizes of 2,000 each. This has always been Sideshow's POV when it comes to production sizes. If you want genuine rarity, SSC, Hot Toys, Enterbay, and other companies of their ilk are not the way to go.

My Rules of collecting:

1. Nothing but 1/4 scale
2. Sculpt has to be top notch
3. No movie PF's/maquette
4. Don't collect lines (ex. Gambit is the only good XMEN PF)
5. No Open ES Statues
6. Any thing Gore Group gets ordered (only if in 1/4 scale)
7. Only order EX.
8. Only collect DC & Marvel statues (Don't order lady death no matter how good she looks)

Do you guys have any rules you follow when ordering. This Hulk piece broke two of my rules and therefore he is not ordered.

Ah the Rules. I just had to make some because I was buying and selling all the time.

1. Has to represent a character I loved in my childhood as well as adulthood.
2. Should be the best representation of that character. Don't have the room for multiple characters. (JAWS is only exception)
3. Has to be 1/4 scale (JAWS is the exception)
4. Has to be well sculpted.

Your right bro. They need to lose the limited edition all together.

:lecture BUT seriously only OE Hulk and Galactus i will buy. I saw this @ SDCC and i love it. HULK i think is Over Price should be $499 - $549 for being OE, but the Galactus is fair because they put more work to it. If hulk has ES will probably $850 - $1000 Remember is all about the $$$ SSC and Legacy want to milk it they know lot of this will be sold just too bad for the Flipper side :lol

Back