The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus toys and ACI have both got the lord of the rings 1/6 license and i reckon that is worth a mention.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126443

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126516&page=17

I feel like i'm being drown by too many Ironman figs and i dont know wether to love it or hate it. Either way it is giving me a headache lol.

Hot toys Hulk. I know he's coming but the wait is killing me, and is he just being held up because of Ironman?

Buying from abroad and especially ebay is insane price wise now. So has the world gone mad, real price increase's, or is it just greedy Hong kong sellers, as our UK retailers dont charge so much?

Last edited:
To the NECA pronunciation topic, on the 'Geeks Shall Inherit' podcast (with Action Figure Insider man and Bif Bang Pow! man) some months ago they asked at NECA and they were told that absolutely everyone at NECA says neck-a and that no one says N-E-C-A. Crawford says that long ago he was told by them that it was N-E-C-A but from the 'Geeks' podcast it seems it's definitely neck-a now. From memory there was no uncertainty about it - no talk of the odd person saying N-E-C-A, just neck-a all the way.

As I said, this was in the early day of NECA, when they were just switching from their main focus (like bobbleheads, lighters and shot glasses) to action figures. They hated the sound of 'neck-a', and the name was never originally intended to be pronounced. Collectors did it all the time though - people like pronouncible acronyms. I'm betting 90% of the folks working there now weren't there when they made Beetlejuice or their first Hellraiser, so it's not all that surprising that the initially outside desire to call them neck-a finally won out.

BTW, I misspoke in the most recent podcast - I said the Tesseract Container is include with Loki, not the Tesseract Container HANDS. They actually picture the container in the instructions though, which can lead to confusion.

Wrap your sound receptors around episode eight folks!
Hot Toys Avengers, Thor, Black Widow and Loki along with 3A Halo and Tomashii Nations C3PO.

It is up now on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-hottoycast/id571814459
Website contain all podcasts:
https://www.podcasts.com/the_hottoycast
Direct link:
https://eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The Hottoycast Episode Eight.m4a

Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg

Just listened to the new episode on my run tonight, good stuff guys. I do have to agree with Michael on the Loki figure though. I thought the paint on the head sculpt was really spot on to the way Hiddleston's complexion looked in the film.

You guys ever think of talking about the 3rd party bootleg stuff, like the recent Toys Legends Batman TDK Armory, or the ASMUS clothing sets?

I have subscribed via iTunes.
I have listened to the latest show and am working my way forward from the beginning.
Very impressed guys. Great points made by all. And your histories of action figure collecting(and dolls, lol), mirrors my own. More than once listening to the podcasts so far, I have wanted to chime in with comments of my own, so I identify with all the sentiments. See the definition of geek below.
I only have one observation and that is that Eamon's audio frequently dips very low. Not sure if that can be addressed.
In any case, I am very much looking forward to getting up to date and hearing new podcasts.
Keep up the good work guys!

image-1.jpg

Delighted you guys are liking the show! Please spread the word!

Yeah, my mic doesn't seem to be a boomy as the others which I will address at some stage.

But hasn't been too bad in the latest episodes has it?

Not at all. It's only on occasion.
I think it's possible you might have turned your head a bit each time. Something like that?
I am halfway through episode 2 right now. Discussing whether or not to hang DX Luke from the weathervane(and yes, Michael, it is a weathervane, even on the bottom of bespin, as the entire city is floating, lol).
Still very impressed with it, and enjoying the well thought out topics.

I think my connection drops after a period of time to which is annoying.

Either way, cool you guys are liking it and we are already working on securing the next big guest! :)

have you guys discussed or made mention of HT Die-cast line?

We cover die cast on a few episodes I remember.
Off the tip of my head, spicifically Tomashii Nations C3PO which looks amazing and that Jim Lee die cast Batman got reviewed.

It has been brought up in many of the episodes and no doubt we will continue to do so with Robocop and the Iron Man 3 stuff!

We cover die cast on a few episodes I remember.
Off the tip of my head, spicifically Tomashii Nations C3PO which looks amazing and that Jim Lee die cast Batman got reviewed.

It has been brought up in many of the episodes and no doubt we will continue to do so with Robocop and the Iron Man 3 stuff!

Cool, that's what I specifically was thinking of.

Back