The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes a pause is enough. The guy from BCS spoke at length about his wants.

Well I'd prefer not to put our guests on the spot like that.

It be rude to ask questions he was never going to answer and I would much rather our guests come on and feel good rather than uncomfortable.

Episode Seven The High-end action figure podcast for high-end humans is now live for all to hear. This week we discuss Bane, city hunter with a special guest review of Luke Skywalker buy first time Hot Toy owner and renowned reviewer, Pixel-Dan.

Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-hottoycast/id571814459

https://www.podcasts.com/the_hottoycast

www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The Hottoycast Episode Seven.m4a

Great show guys! I liked how you touched on the rising prices but you really could have done a whole show about that!

I also thought it was interesting you talk about the old Predator figures that you had to put together. It made me think about something the Big Chief guy said or possibly posted about here, about how much labor it takes to assemble just the bare figure and how that factors into the price. I wonder if the prices could be taken down a bit if HT would go back to that model of having the figures mostly put together but we had to kit them up. You said it was horribly stressful to do that, but if it helped cut costs, I would totally go for it!

Oh man, I for one absolutely hated assembling the old Predators.
Just too much room for breakage.

If it made stuff half price then maybe I would be interested but imaging trying get say Captain America's gear on?

Well, maybe completely disassembled might not be that practical, but it would perhaps depend of the figure. One of the first HTs I got was Deunan Knute, which came with her head, hands and feet off. If that's all it took to knock 10% off the MSRP, I'd be all for it. And maybe if the figure was easy to dress, you can get a bit more taken off the base price, like say 20-25%. After all, the Joker DX (and maybe some other figures that I can't remember offhand) had the extra outfit that you had to go and buy a separate figure for. That didn't seem too difficult.

Of course it wouldn't be practical for all figures. Like you said, Cap looked fairly complicated to fully dress. But things like the head, hands and feet would be do-able for Cap. Maybe part of the DX "package" is that it comes fully assembled, which adds to that luxury brand.

Just something to think about with regards to the rising prices!

I actually enjoyed putting the Predator and Colonial Marine figures together. It was fun. Kind of like putting a Lego together but much easier.

Back