The Hot Toys 1/6 & 1/4 STAR WARS VISUAL CHECKLIST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’re the same red guards from episode 7 but with Mandalorian helmets to show that everything’s all connected in this universe no matter what era a story takes place in. Gotta beat you over the head with that every single time.
No lobster arms makes them 100 times better than TLJ guards. The new helmets and other changes are cherry on top the cake

Who are these red guys? Red guards and Mandalorians. Is Lucasfilm running out of ideas? (This is why I don't watch Star Wars anymore.. lol)

View attachment 652348

https://www.youtube.com/live/2hTdVWLap20?feature=share
They were pretty much filler created to give Mando something to do while Bo (the new lead of the series) took on the real fight.

As Disney and the Filoniverse characters retroactively in the past, and now towards the main time line, become the driving force and focus in live action. Expect the OT (whose characters legacy already ruined by Disney) to become more and more deemed meaningless failures, and insignificant.
(though seems you are already aware of that).

Last edited:
They’re the same red guards from episode 7 but with Mandalorian helmets to show that everything’s all connected in this universe no matter what era a story takes place in. Gotta beat you over the head with that every single time.

The clone troopers are a cool design and you can see an (artificial) evolution to OT Stormtroopers. Clone troopers do look like 1.0s if OT troopers are 3.0s.

This crap, on the other hand, is just so forced and really demonstrates the lack of vision at Lucasfilm. "Let the past go... but blatantly copy everything we can from the past movies 'cause we have no original ideas of our own." Why you would want to connect anything to a movie that killed off the profitability and interest in the franchise is beyond me.

There really is no more Star Wars without Lucas' creative vision and terrible dialog.

Last edited:
I don't see why an evolution of Royal guards who did nothing since EP3 to showing them progress with armor as support/GUARDS is a terrible idea lol. No different then showing an evolution of clones to stormtroopers lol. We Royals go from drapery to armor with weapons. Simple concept lol.

Updated.

That face sculpt is the EXACT same look of disappointment seen on my face whenever I watch any Star Wars produced by Disney.

1691797087822.png

Last edited:
As I sit here and look at my Hot Toys Star Wars collection which is mainly of OT Rebels I am thinking of how good a Bespin Han, Endor Han, General Lando and X-Wing Pilot Luke would look in my display. These are hugely iconic characters going back decades.

Updated.

I am so tempted to get this Dewback set since I had the original Kenner version, but that is just a crazy amount of money. We are officially into statue pricing now. Remember when these things were just 200 bucks a piece?

With this actually getting released, I don't think I will have the willpower to say no to this eventual set even if we are approaching $1000k:

1692414612581.jpeg

Last edited:
Updated.

All roads lead to TLJ.... :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Also making everything in this universe ultra-connected like that just makes it small and insignificant and proves Disney's Lucasfilm is creatively bankrupt. As I have said many times before, Star Wars is dead without Lucas' wacky ideas and now Kennedy is just kicking it's corpse while screaming "HE DOESN'T GET THE GIRL AT THE END HE GETS THE DOG!!!!!!"

Last edited:
A Mandalorian, a Jedi, AND a misandrist girlboss with white skin and purple hair???? 3 Hollywood tropes in one! Kathleen Kennedy must have passed out from the hardest orgasm ever when Filoni pitched her this character.

I also watched my first and only 5 minutes of this show. So, is everyone a Jedi now? Looks like Order 66 was a giant fail! I think there are more Jedi in this show than the coliseum scene in Clones.

Last edited:
I wonder when will we see a Bespin Han, Endor Han, Luke X-Wing pilot and General Lando.
Instead we see just about everything other than those figures.

I wonder when will we see a Bespin Han, Endor Han, Luke X-Wing pilot and General Lando.
Instead we see just about everything other than those figures.
Don't worry. As mentioned above Disney is creatively bankrupt. That goes for Star Wars and Marvel. Same applied to WB for DC. This means Hot Toys will soon be wondering what to make. This means the OT still have a chance !!!

Personally I'm hoping for a large amount of Andor S2 figures next year which can also be considered Rogue One figures as Andor Season 2 ends days/hours before Rogue One.

Really hope we can get Cassian, Saw Gerrera, Two Tubes, Baze, Mon Mothma, and any other alien rebel like Pao or Bistan. Or even a human Rebel for once instead of just Stormtrooper variants !!

Pao-AG.jpeg

Attachments

• Bistan-AG.jpeg
    Bistan-AG.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 0
Personally I'm hoping for a large amount of Andor S2 figures next year which can also be considered Rogue One figures as Andor Season 2 ends days/hours before Rogue One.

Hot Toys seems to be completely ignoring the existence of Andor even though Ashoka is getting far worse ratings! Are Filonicartoons that popular with people willing to spend $300 on a sci-fi doll?????

As a fan of Andor, it's really frustrating but i see where the very grounded tone of Andor can be a reason for Hot Toys to skip the series. I am still hopeful they'll eventually offer us a few figures when the second season is done but it would have been great to get at least a couple from season 1.

A Mandalorian, a Jedi, AND a girlboss with white skin and purple hair???? 3 Hollywood tropes in one! Kathleen Kennedy must have passed out from the hardest orgasm ever when Filoni pitched her this character.

I also watched my first and only 5 minutes of this show. So, is everyone a Jedi now? Looks like Order 66 was a giant fail! I think there are more Jedi in this show than the coliseum scene in Clones.
KK probably broke a nail getting there :ROFLMAO:

Hot Toys seems to be completely ignoring the existence of Andor even though Ashoka is getting far worse ratings! Are Filonicartoons that popular with people willing to spend $300 on a sci-fi doll?????
I think they've decided to concentrate on S2. No idea why, especially as it's written for adults, and who are HT's main customers ?

Anyway we will see. If we don't get Cassian, new K2SO, Saw Gerrera, Two Tubes, Mon Mothma and hopefully Baze (if not simply to finish the Rogue One line) then I will be severely pissed.

After that point I'll probably be out of HT, except for any OT figures they may still do. Disney SW is a bust, Marvel the same and DC somewhere below them.

It'll be some InArt figures here and there, but that's about it for me, and probably a lot of others.

I think they've decided to concentrate on S2. No idea why, especially as it's written for adults, and who are HT's main customers ?

Anyway we will see. If we don't get Cassian, new K2SO, Saw Gerrera, Two Tubes, Mon Mothma and hopefully Baze (if not simply to finish the Rogue One line) then I will be severely pissed.

After that point I'll probably be out of HT, except for any OT figures they may still do. Disney SW is a bust, Marvel the same and DC somewhere below them.

It'll be some InArt figures here and there, but that's about it for me, and probably a lot of others.

I share your sentiments exactly. Why we never got Andor as part of the movie line is a head-scratcher, but they make rando Mandalorians with only 5 minutes of screen time? Bizarre.

The Clone Wars series is easily one of the best pieces of media in SW as a whole, so yes.

Ya but, that show was mostly filled with characters from the movies (that people actually like) and made under Lucas' hawk eyes. This new Disney stuff though?

Last edited:
Back