The Great FARAMIR Image Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:
LordAzrael
Yep. I have the same problem (Australian). Unfortunately the local retailers jack the price up to much the same end point so I always get the exclusive and get it shipped over. The only thing I haven't done so was Jabba & His Throne - I got Jabba & the creature pack locally now I'm having some difficulty getting just the throne ;p

Sideshow's apparent lack of understanding how international shipping is calculated is a real pain in the ass. Its very annoying to get a huge box that is 3/4 empty when you are being charged based on volume.

They should put all the Australian figures together in one box, ship it to one person and all of the recipients at this end could split the shipping cost!

amonhen said:
:confused: Faramir looks great indeed................but I reckon I will cancel this one too, as I did with Boromir, as the shipping cost is a killer.
Paid $83 for Legolas and was absolutely shocked! Don't understand why they get shipped in a box that would fit 2 similar figures.
The shipping is for FedEx to the land DownUnder.

$83 internationaly shipped doesn't sound all that bad, my total for Legolas was $70 and change shipped domestically.

I pay about $25 just for shipping to Hawaii, and it's not even international. :monkey4

This is the best LOTR figure so far IMHO. Sculpt is fantastic and the costume is detailed and looks great. Can't wait to get mine!

MaulFan said:
$83 internationaly shipped doesn't sound all that bad, my total for Legolas was $70 and change shipped domestically.

I think they meant the shipping alone was $83 (not including the cost of the figure)... but correct me if I'm wrong.

galactiboy said:
I think they meant the shipping alone was $83 (not including the cost of the figure)... but correct me if I'm wrong.

Well if that be the case, then that's crazy.

Well I buy mine in Australia - and while I pay a bit more at retail I get free shipping so i figure it all evens out in the end - and ohh I will have Faramir - I skipped leggo man but got both others :cool:

I buy mine in OZ as well .. but must admit that the price of 130 + per figure still hurts ..

Yes, yes, those international shipping prices... and don't forget the 17.5% VAT the Europeans pay...

No Faramir notice for me yet. I guess it will exactly like with Plo Koon... The pictures are already all over the board, and I haven't gotten any mail regarding the figure... I used to get the notices about the same time everybody else got them. Looks like this has changed for some (international & EU?) collectors here on the board. Why? Most of us order at the same time, and even then, people that manage to get the item through the wait list usually get the notice and invoices at the same time everybody else does.

I cancelled mine cos it ends up costing me near £100, which I can totally spend on something else that I am saving up for at the moment.

I am selling my LOTR PF's on ebay - they are too big.

thanks
Colin

Maulfan
$83 internationaly shipped doesn't sound all that bad, my total for Legolas was $70 and change shipped domestically

Hi Maulfan,
Mine was $83 + $54.99.................amounting to $138.............

Alice Adrenochrome
No Faramir notice for me yet. I guess it will exactly like with Plo Koon... The pictures are already all over the board, and I haven't gotten any mail regarding the figure... I used to get the notices about the same time everybody else got them. Looks like this has changed for some (international & EU?) collectors here on the board.

Hi Alice,
I got my notice 3 days ago and I'm in Oz.

MaulFan said:
Well if that be the case, then that's crazy.

It is the case. All because they changed the box shape from the old standard - it no longer fits in any of the standard sideshow packing boxes and therefore ends up with a heap of empty space in the box. I raised this when they announced the box design with Aragorn and it was proven when I got my first LOTR figure.

Unfortunately having the cloaks as exclusives has meant that for me at least getting the exclusive version was very important. When i compared what it would cost locally anyway I've bitten the bullet and got them shipped over. But it does work out at about $US140 a figure, which is roughly $A160. Retailers here charge about $A130 for them - if you're lucky you'll get free domestic shipping.

Mine got the ax today. I really wanted him, but I need to cut expenses somewhere, unfortunately he was the one that got the boot. Might pick up the regular down the line.

I'm really feeling the need to go watch TTT again! I want to see Faramir in action. Perhaps it will suade me from getting Plo Koon instead. :eek:

Last edited:
Interesting.....I have the Exclusive on order, its in my account but still no notice.

Back