The: Give Us A Doc Brown Figure Hot Toys Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot toys should just open up a factory in North America and then i bet they will see how much more money they make wether it's from the United States, Canada and some of central/south America. If the product doesn't move in Asia it will move here and just ship it bulk to their new secret factory next to area 51.lol Anyway i didn't buy marty on the fact that Doc Brown was my favorite character in the movie and to buy marty would have just teased me. If they come out with Doc,I'll buy marty on the secondary market,but until then.....

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Hot toys should just open up a factory in North America and then i bet they will see how much more money they make wether it's from the United States, Canada and some of central/south America.

They'll make substantially less because they won't be able to exploit child labour in their factories.

This will turn out like all the other "Hot Toys give us Watchmen, '66 Batmobile, etc...." threads. Nothing will happen and the figure you want won't be made.

In the meantime for the meager sum of $1000 you can have this guy

BTTF-Doc-Brown-by-Dan-Chung-1.jpg

This will turn out like all the other "Hot Toys give us Watchmen, '66 Batmobile, etc...." threads. Nothing will happen and the figure you want won't be made.

Your right. I dont know why people beg and hope for HT to make the figure they want anymore, there mind is on disney first and foremost and ecerything made after is pure luck. I remember when they announced the whole avengers team to be made in 2012 that was unheard of back then for them to complete a whole entire line but they'll do it for disney and the iron men and now star wars. If they do make the figure you want consider it luck by now.

I wonder if Lloyd might not be the hold up here? There has been a recent likeness rights issue with him. A company that specializes in digitizing old pinball machines in video game form (Pinball Arcade) did the Addams Family table but were unable to come to an agreement to use LLoyd's likeness and had to alter all images of Fester in the game to and make him look more generic. Lloyd knows the money this franchise is worth so it's possible he's asking too much or being too demanding regarding the figure. Something to keep in mind here.

I wonder if Lloyd might not be the hold up here? There has been a recent likeness rights issue with him. A company that specializes in digitizing old pinball machines in video game form (Pinball Arcade) did the Addams Family table but were unable to come to an agreement to use LLoyd's likeness and had to alter all images of Fester in the game to and make him look more generic. Lloyd knows the money this franchise is worth so it's possible he's asking too much or being too demanding regarding the figure. Something to keep in mind here.

Yeah this I have pondered to. I hear that some famous people are really touchy about their image rights, maybe Lloyd fits into that category? It seems HT can get every other actor under the sun though. I heard some time ago HT couldn't get John Hurts permission to use his likeness for a Kane figure, so they made the fig look nothing like Hurt. I doubt HT would make a Doc with just a generic sculpt nowadays though.
What I have never understood either is who owns the image rights of a dead celebrity? Sure as hell Hot Toys didn't get Marlon Brando's permission for their Godfather fig.

I live 80 feet from doc's garage , i think of doc everytime i go buy a whopper at burger king

Give us doc

Would love to have Doc to go with my Marty. Wouldn't be surprised Hot Toys doesn't make him though...(look at what they did with Expendables)

I've just stumbled upon this thread :lol

Hot Toys don't read this board.

Emailing them is futile too, I wouldn't be surprised if their email department doesn't even pass up messages sent to them by customers unless it's about a defect. They don't respond to a thing on their Facebook page unless it's about a QC issue.

Here's the plan then: Everyone complain about their Martys. QC issues.

Everyone complain about their DeLoreans. (If mine ever bloody arrives). QC issues.

We start an army - the BTTF QC Doc Brown Liberation Front BBTFQCDBLF (Never said I was good with titles/names)

So, in conclusion (and to borrow from South Park),

1. Start an army.
2. Get noticed by HT.
3. ??
4. Doc Brown in each of our display cases and everyone's a winner, baby.

Oh, yeah :duff

VIVA DOC!

The Batman TV show fans got Batman and Robin and no Batmobile. BTTF fans got Marty and the Time Machine and no Doc. Would you guys rather have had Marty and Doc and no Delorean? or are you good with just Marty and the car. I really don't know which I prefer.

Just make a Doc Hot Toys.

The Batman TV show fans got Batman and Robin and no Batmobile. BTTF fans got Marty and the Time Machine and no Doc. Would you guys rather have had Marty and Doc and no Delorean? or are you good with just Marty and the car. I really don't know which I prefer.

Just make a Doc Hot Toys.

Marty & Doc for sure. Not just saying that because we got the Delorean from HT. I'm more of a figure fan. Vehicles are nice, especially a 1/6 Delorean. Also I haven't really got the room for the car but Doc can fit in no probs.

It does seem weird though, HT make the Delorean but no Doc :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back