The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Only the first point below is fact, everything else is opinion

:exactly:

In one post, it is said that the academy wouldn't pay attention to a COMIC BOOK movie. I know Pirates isn't a comic book movie, but it's just as silly and nonsensical of a movie (I and others would argue moreso). Johnny Depp disappeared into that role. Heath did the same in Dark Knight. Arguably moreso with all the makeup! I should say that's the proof It was a possibility. You're arguing that was an impossible nomination and /or win had he not died and gotten so much media attention. How do you account for Johnny Depp?

I'm done. You'll obviously never let it go. Just had to add my two cents. As for the bootleg? Hans Zimmer's pounding score and all those action snippets at the end have me pumped.

At least he didn't wait in line dressed up as prince for batman 89' like all you Burton praisers out there did.

:lol :lol

If you don't like it start a "tim burton is better then sex" thread and go whine about it there.

Why do you keep bringing up and making cracks about Burton? :huh

Nobody is even mentioning '89, Returns, or Tim Burton, the debate is about Heath Ledger and essentially TDK vs. TDKR and yet, you keep bringing up Burton. I don't understand. I looked through to see if Nam was mentioning or praising Burton or his Batman films but he wasn't.

What's the deal, brother?

Only the first point below is fact, everything else is opinion

Well we already know you:
[ame]https://youtu.be/vN2XZhnznFY[/ame]

The latter two aren't opinions. Are you arguing the media coverage of Ledger was non-existant? Or that there aren't similarities between what happened with Brandon Lee in the 90's (I might give you a pass on the latter since you were still running around in diapers)?

...and fiction!

he died in January...movie wasnt released until July. Usually the stories like this have a few shelf weeks then the public moves on.

By July, the media surrounding Heath's death had quieted down (some 6+ months later), it was mostly about his performance that made everyone talk about him. People were really excited about his Joker because of his performance. Not because he died.

Not to mention people were excited to see the sequel to Batman Begins which grossed almost $400 million. Having the Joker in the movie is what made people want to see it. Not because Heath died.

Wrong. Press regarding his death continued much later than that with many awaiting the toxicology, speculations as well as pining to see his last performance.

:exactly:

In one post, it is said that the academy wouldn't pay attention to a COMIC BOOK movie. I know Pirates isn't a comic book movie, but it's just as silly and nonsensical of a movie (I and others would argue moreso). Johnny Depp disappeared into that role. Heath did the same in Dark Knight. Arguably moreso with all the makeup! I should say that's the proof It was a possibility. You're arguing that was an impossible nomination and /or win had he not died and gotten so much media attention. How do you account for Johnny Depp?

Let's assume you're right. The Oscars don't mean ____. After all, they nominated Depp, right? So if they'd nominate Depp in a silly role as Jack Sparrow, surely the nomination and win of Ledger in the goofy role of a painted clown is absolutely worthless. You're arguing subjective assumptions as proof.

Wrong. Press regarding his death continued much later than that with many awaiting the toxicology, speculations as well as pining to see his last performance.

But it wasn't his last performance and he had as much if not more screen time in his last film. So again I ask, why choose TDK to reward? It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the performance could it?

Why do you keep bringing up and making cracks about Burton? :huh

Nobody is even mentioning '89, Returns, or Tim Burton, the debate is about Heath Ledger and essentially TDK vs. TDKR and yet, you keep bringing up Burton. I don't understand. I looked through to see if Nam was mentioning or praising Burton or his Batman films but he wasn't.

What's the deal, brother?

The entire reason some people troll these threads is just because they think burtons films are the best thing since slice bread. they be hatin' just cause people like Nolan's over them. Thats the reason why some people don't like ledgers joker. cause it's more critically acclaimed then nichalsons.

I just hate seeing people come into threads like this where everyone is getting pumped just to be a doosh and start arguments and spread negativity. :peace

The entire reason some people troll these threads is just because they think burtons films are the best thing since slice bread. they be hatin' just cause people like Nolan's over them. Thats the reason why some people don't like ledgers joker. cause it's more critically acclaimed then nichalsons.

I just hate seeing people come into threads like this where everyone is getting pumped just to be a doosh and start arguments and spread negativity. :peace

Who said Burton's films are better? Plus, I'd argue that the true douchebags are the fanboys who can't even be realistic. :dunno

Part of me wants to agree with this... But I am siding with DiFabio on this one. Just because Nam might say those are better films doesn't mean you should resort to his constant attacks on the opposing side and put downs of films you might not enjoy as much. And according to DiFabio, he didn't. I won't even bother looking I don't give a care.

I don't love Burton's films. I think they're a mess and got a lot of things wrong and have a slew of missed opportunities. That said.... It was my first exposure to Batman. It made me a Batman fan and some civilized Batman fans prefer it to Nolan's. Nothing wrong with that. DiFabio chooses his words carefully and doesn't put either down without explaining his reasoning behind it. Look at the man's amazing sig/avatar! We can all get along :)

Now that I've said that... There are other threads of people (including at least one guy in here) that will put down Nolan's films and then go on and on about Burton's. So I understand where Zach's coming from....

Part of me wants to agree with this... But I am siding with DiFabio on this one. Just because Nam might say those are better films doesn't mean you should resort to his constant attacks on the opposing side and put downs of films you might not enjoy as much.

I don't love Burton's films. I think they're a mess and Got a lot of things wrong and have a slew of missed opportunities. That said.... It was my first exposure to Batman. It made me a Batman fan and some civilized Batman fans prefer it to Nolan's. Nothing wrong with that. DiFabio chooses his words carefully and doesn't put either down without explaining his reasoning behind it. Look at the man's amazing sig/avatar! We can all get along :)

Now that I've said that... There are other threads of people (including at least one guy in here) that will put down Nolan's films and then go on and on about Burton's. So I understand where Zach's coming from....

NAM never said this. This assumption was on the part of sackmonkey fanboys who think that just because you don't think Nolan is Jesus ____ing Christ, you must hate the films. Myself and Carl have already pointed this out several times over.

NAM never said this. This assumption was on the part of sackmonkey fanboys who think that just because you don't think Nolan is Jesus ____ing Christ, you must hate the films.

I edited my post a second ago knowing you'd quote that part.

I don't have 34,000 posts... Who's Carl? DiFabio? Yes. He has proved something.

Like my grandma's depends :lecture

2671-19772.jpg

I edited my post a second ago knowing you'd quote that part.

It doesn't matter. My point still stands. And I've been just as critical about Batman Returns which was also a Burton movie so I really don't get your point. Do you even have one? :monkey1

...and fiction!

he died in January...movie wasnt released until July. Usually the stories like this have a few shelf weeks then the public moves on.

By July, the media surrounding Heath's death had quieted down (some 6+ months later), it was mostly about his performance that made everyone talk about him. People were really excited about his Joker because of his performance. Not because he died.

Not to mention people were excited to see the sequel to Batman Begins which grossed almost $400 million. Having the Joker in the movie is what made people want to see it. Not because Heath died.

Mmmm. Gonna have to disagree. Maybe it quoted down in other places, but definitely not where I lived at at the time. If anything, the all around hyped had build up to the movie's released. Also I remember clearly, especially fox 5:monkey4, entertaiment shows and on the internet watching all these interviews of the actors from the movie BEFORE it came out. Almost in every interview, they asked about Ledger and how did he perform.

Yes, again I loved his performance and I feel he did a great job. Sheit, I went opening night and watched the movie in IMAX 5 times within 1 week!! But I also believe his death build up hype before the movie released. But no doubt if he did not died, talks about his performance would had happened after people saw the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back