The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I'm getting the strong feeling that this will be the ROTJ of this franchise.

Star Wars = Batman Begins - Good, liked by most, still enjoyable
Empire Strikes Back = The Dark Knight - Considered the best of the series, rabid fandom.
Return of the Jedi = The Dark Knight Rises - a film that seems to try to do too much, with some enjoyable parts but overall considered a letdown and even copying some plot points from the first.

I'm hope I'm wrong but everything I'm reading and seeing has me thinking that's how this will play out.

So what you're saying is... it will still be a great trilogy? :yess:

Since ROTJ is my favorite OT Star Wars movie, then that analogy would fair well for how I'll feel about TDKR, and I do feel like it might end up my favorite of the trilogy.

I really think TDKR will be a great blend of the things I love about Begins and those from TDK in a single movie and for that it will be my favorite.

I'm getting the strong feeling that this will be the ROTJ of this franchise.

Star Wars = Batman Begins - Good, liked by most, still enjoyable
Empire Strikes Back = The Dark Knight - Considered the best of the series, rabid fandom.
Return of the Jedi = The Dark Knight Rises - a film that seems to try to do too much, with some enjoyable parts but overall considered a letdown and even copying some plot points from the first.

I'm hope I'm wrong but everything I'm reading and seeing has me thinking that's how this will play out.

I would never compare these films with the Batman films.

In the tradition of ROTJ....

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome...

Terminator 3.....

I give you... TDKR!!!!

RotJ was not that bad. I know a lot of people who love it. It's their favorite. It's probably my least favorite of the OT, but it's not a bad third act like those other two sequels you mentioned. So refreshing to bring SW into the debate instead of the Burton films and Spider-Man!

The comparison in terms of as described above is certainly there, I can't argue that, similar plot elements to the first etc, and I agree for alot of the general public TDK will likely remain the favorite thanks to the inclusion of Joker. Regardless of how well you do Ra's and Scarecrow, or Bane, the fact has been for a long time and will remain, Joker and for the most part Two-face are simply more popular and desirable as a foes of Batman.

But I think Catwoman if done right and Talia, along with Joker's fate and most importantly how they choose to end this saga will be the real deciding factors for this movie. We pretty much know what to expect between Bane and Batman. But if Batman dies, the fact is no matter how well it's handled, people will not like it, want it, and ultimately won't come back to it as much. If they show Batman preparing for his newly accepted future battling crazy supercriminals in a world where the Joker still exists, I think people will be more accepting of a new story and the idea that this world still exists and we could someday revisit it, even if that's only wishful thinking.

Making this a finite ending is what's going to upset people the most, because everyone has their idea of what villains Batman still needs to fight, things he needs to experiance before he comes full circle.

So we're comparing trilogies now to a film that only has a trailer thus far? You want an accurate and fair comparison? Here you go...

Nolan's Batman has three films, and so does every other series in existence that's a trilogy(period)

I don't believe this film will be nearly as bad as what people that expect it to fail horribly think and I don't believe this film will be nearly as great as what people that expect it to be the second coming of cinema think.

After it's out and the dust settles, it will be that Batman film from 2012 that concluded the last Batman series and fans and movie goers alike will be clamoring for more. That's how it is and that's how it always goes.

The comparison in terms of as described above is certainly there, I can't argue that, similar plot elements to the first etc, and I agree for alot of the general public TDK will likely remain the favorite thanks to the inclusion of Joker. Regardless of how well you do Ra's and Scarecrow, or Bane, the fact has been for a long time and will remain, Joker and for the most part Two-face are simply more popular and desirable as a foes of Batman.

But I think Catwoman if done right and Talia, along with Joker's fate and most importantly how they choose to end this saga will be the real deciding factors for this movie. We pretty much know what to expect between Bane and Batman. But if Batman dies, the fact is no matter how well it's handled, people will not like it, want it, and ultimately won't come back to it as much. If they show Batman preparing for his newly accepted future battling crazy supercriminals in a world where the Joker still exists, I think people will be more accepting of a new story and the idea that this world still exists and we could someday revisit it, even if that's only wishful thinking.

Making this a finite ending is what's going to upset people the most, because everyone has their idea of what villains Batman still needs to fight, things he needs to experiance before he comes full circle.

Nolan's Joker died with Heath Ledger so that settles that. :monkey3

Who gives a ____ what ideas people have? THIS IS THE END.
I highly doubt that at the end of this film Bruce Wayne is going to be standing on a rooftop as Batman looking up at the batsignal, ready to battle the next crazy super villain while batboys fap away in their seats.

If people have been paying attention, they'd notice the big letters saying "EPIC CONCLUSION", "THE LEGEND ENDS", "CONCLUSION", "ENDS" and Nolan talking about "finishing Bruce Wayne's story".

It will being going full circle within it's own continuity. It will be a trilogy of films that you can watch as one whole story with a beginning, middle, and an end. There's no revisiting it with more films later down the line. Why is that a bad idea?

They're going to "re-invent" Batman next time anyways. Probably so they can go all Justice League on Marvel's ass.

Nolan's Joker died with Heath Ledger so that settles that. :monkey3

Who gives a ____ what ideas people have? THIS IS THE END.
I highly doubt that at the end of this film Bruce Wayne is going to be standing on a rooftop as Batman looking up at the batsignal, ready to battle the next crazy super villain while batboys fap away in their seats.

If people have been paying attention, they'd notice the big letters saying "EPIC CONCLUSION", "THE LEGEND ENDS", "CONCLUSION", "ENDS" and Nolan talking about "finishing Bruce Wayne's story".

It will being going full circle within it's own continuity. It will be a trilogy of films that you can watch as one whole story with a beginning, middle, and an end. There's no revisiting it with more films later down the line. Why is that a bad idea?

They're going to "re-invent" Batman next time anyways. Probably so they can go all Justice League on Marvel's ass.

Wow, so you really believe Nolan will make a 4th Batman movie with Joker returning, interesting.

:lol

^^^^^^^^^

600full-michael-keaton.jpg

tumblr_lq3bydoem11qewacoo1_5001.jpg

george-clooney-malaria.jpg

The Dark Knight Clone Saga

Last edited:

Congratulations Nightwing, you have the ability to find and post pictures of current actors that have played Batman! :clap:clap:clap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back