The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TDKR could easily have been even better if it were longer. More of Bruce in the pit, more Bane backstory, more of Gotham under siege

TDK yupp more two face and deleted joker scenes

BB would love to see those deleted scenes

I'm sure we'll get all of the above some day

If there's no list of features, where's the info on those models coming? Crossing my fingers that they're in scale with one another. Why can't anyone do something so simple as that? :dunno

Not a deal breaker if they're not to scale or if they're not even included. I need these on Bluray. With the amount of time we've waited, I'm expecting updated transfers at the very least. I don't see extended cuts of the films. Perhaps deleted scenes, but even then, I won't hold my breath.

There are pictures on amazon.fr and sadly, no, they're not in scale to one another...:(

There are pictures on amazon.fr and sadly, no, they're not in scale to one another...:(

Ah, I went there and my prediction was correct. Those third discs are just DVDs... Anything would have been better in my opinion. Extended cut, new bonus feature discs, or extended soundtrack CDs. I already own the DVDs and I feel a lot of people buying this already own those if not the Blurays.

Edit - I don't read French. That's definitely the UCE? It doesn't list any of the things shown above in earlier photos apart from there being 9 discs.

[ame]https://www.amazon.fr/The-Dark-Knight-trilogie-Blu-ray/dp/B00D4AXN6G/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1372168645&sr=8-16&keywords=Dark+knight+trilogy[/ame]

Shows you how great TDKR is. Yes it does
RodneyDangerfield.jpg

:lol

Ah, I went there and my prediction was correct. Those third discs are just DVDs... Anything would have been better in my opinion. Extended cut, new bonus feature discs, or extended soundtrack CDs. I already own the DVDs and I feel a lot of people buying this already own those if not the Blurays.

Edit - I don't read French. That's definitely the UCE? It doesn't list any of the things shown above in earlier photos apart from there being 9 discs.

https://www.amazon.fr/The-Dark-Knig...72168645&sr=8-16&keywords=Dark+knight+trilogy

Not too sure... That's the French version of the UCE at least. It doesn't say Ultimate on the box but that's a new release for sure and the date coincide approximately with the dates of the UCE.

That said, content can vary from country to country, especially if there are translations or dubbing to make. However, I'm pretty sure the content of the BR will be identical.

TDKR could easily have been even better if it were longer. More of Bruce in the pit, more Bane backstory, more of Gotham under siege

TDK yupp more two face and deleted joker scenes

BB would love to see those deleted scenes

I'm sure we'll get all of the above some day

I used to hate Rises. I really did. But I always loved Bane in it. So it was a weird thing for me because I liked the character but hated the movie.

The movie has a lot of stuff that makes no sense, but I don't really hate it anymore.

I do agree that more Bane Back story would be really nice to see. I really wish they did more with him.

I almost wish Nolan erased the character of Miranda and gave more scenes to Bane.

He really should of put slade Wilson in the story instead of bane. He fits in more.

I rewatched this on HBO with some friends and I still have all the same problems.

There are giant blatant continuity errors like when he stops the motorcyclist on the Pod and is being surrounded by cops. He turns the Pod to fire at the tow truck and the camera angle changes about 3-4 times during which the position of the injured Biker and his motorcycle changes each time, at one point he's just blatantly not in the shot because I guess they forgot, and then when he goes to take off, his bike is convienantly on the other side of the pod and now out of Batman's way to a straight jump. I guess it goes to shooting with Imax and not being able to get another take but this isn't the technical proficiant director I know at work.

The final police/merc fight is just riddled with problems everywhere you look. The obvious being in a hail of automatic weapons fire about 3 cops actually go down. Then you have this scene where like 100 cops are beating up another 100 inmates all extras, and you look around and none of it is convinving. I mean it is really really bad stuff that shouldn't have made it into a scyfy channel original let alone a Chris Nolan film. Theres literally a point where as Batman is walking through the crowd watching cops get the **** beaten out of them and he's behind the criminals and could literally just give them a quick punch in the back and turn the tide for like a good dozen cops that way as he's walking but he just looks around for Bane. Now he finally comes face to face with Bane and you have far and away the most awkward shot Chris Nolan has ever put in any of his movies anywhere. Batman is standing completely still telling Bane about why hes back and its a full shot of Batman down to his legs and his stance isn't like poised and ready or detirmined, he's just sort of wavering back and forth to the left and right a little and carelessly there like it's not even being shot and just a practice read through. And to make this like a million times worse, you have this cop punching a merc to his left and it's clear this guys stopping short his punches a good foot and a half of the mercs stomach whos reacting a few seconds too late because he can't tell when the cops gonna pull his fake punch. It's such a Brett Ratnet level of awfulness it's not even so bad it's funny funny.

There are weaknesses like that everywhere, most of the mains are completely out of character as a result of being rushed along
to this place where everything sort of feels like it's ending way too prematurely. Nolan tries so hard to convince us Batman is tired but it's the most contrite stupid stuff like legitimately awful amatuer film school looking hair dye on Bail's wings. He looks like Pauli from The Sopranos, it's way too obvious and unblended. And other desperate things like the doctor who tells us he's broken everywhere. This scenes like another complete joke right down to the famous comedian playing the doctor. And that's thrown out the window 10 mins later when he can kick through concrete walls, or break his back and still come back and climb a sheer rock face. The Robin character is the biggest bastardisation of comic material this genre but I won't even get into that. I'll just say I was an orphan and I can assure you that we can't i.d. one another via eye contact.

The end chase scene is so vanilla, even with the Bat involved it feels like we've seen it before and a way less fun and interesting version of the TDK's Big Rig chase which had far more interesting events play out like Batman blocking a missle with the Tumbler, The Pod reveal, the chopper going down, the game of chicken with the Truck and Pod. Here the only clever piece of writing like that is when he leads the missle back to the Tumbler that fired it at him. And the whole time Fox does his best impression of the guy from Begins who keeps reminding us the pressures gonna blow! Miranda's death is another funny joke, combined with the Gordon revelation which is way too obviously spelled out for audiences, combining a flashback with him physically saying Wayne's name outloud just in case some dumbass watching still couldn't put two and two togeather. And then you have Batman able to blow a hole in a building with missles big enough to fly through when the very same missles couldn't penetrate a truck windshield a minute earlier. Combine that with the completely brainless police force, including Gordon who we've seen has some sort of alzheimers now to have forgotten that he already knew Batman was Wayne in TDK. His story isn't even wrapped up properly to boot, we see him on the roof next to the Bat signal but why? Is he commisioner again now? Even after the letter and admitting all this was his fault? Batman, the Mayor, Harvey Dent, Bruce Wayne, and Bane are dead, the country and world are going to want somebody to blame and he admitted that he illegally put hundreds of men in jail and broke his own laws. There seems to literally be zero blowback for the only man still alive to answer for the entire 8 month hell disaster. And what about his family who were in the other 2 films? Did it cost him his wife and kids? We don't know at all. And that Orphan house X-Men ending, just wow. Hey 60 kids are running around Wayne Manor now, kids who love to explore every nook and cranny surely won't find any hidden entrances to the Batcave. You know the thing every criminal in Gotham would want to blow up and that sits right below where they all sleep and play.

All in all it's not the worst movie ever made or even a terrible movie by comic book standards but when I factor in that it's the same team(writing, cinematographer, actors, director) for all 3 then it just doesn't live upto the rest of what we got. Theres some great stuff in there but alot of it just feels sloppy and rushed to me. Nolan also got caught up in all the typical third act crap that people are sick of. I don't get this idea that things can only be a trilogy and the hero's story needs to wrap up by the end of 3. I thought we we're past that, especially with Marvel but they too look like they will now end on IM3 which is the exact same formula we've seen time and again. Heres hoping that Spiderman planning 4 movies right away like this will be able to avoid that curse. Sorry about the long rant.

6/10

I rewatched this on HBO with some friends and I still have all the same problems.

There are giant blatant continuity errors like when he stops the motorcyclist on the Pod and is being surrounded by cops. He turns the Pod to fire at the tow truck and the camera angle changes about 3-4 times during which the position of the injured Biker and his motorcycle changes each time, at one point he's just blatantly not in the shot because I guess they forgot, and then when he goes to take off, his bike is convienantly on the other side of the pod and now out of Batman's way to a straight jump. I guess it goes to shooting with Imax and not being able to get another take but this isn't the technical proficiant director I know at work.

The final police/merc fight is just riddled with problems everywhere you look. The obvious being in a hail of automatic weapons fire about 3 cops actually go down. Then you have this scene where like 100 cops are beating up another 100 inmates all extras, and you look around and none of it is convinving. I mean it is really really bad stuff that shouldn't have made it into a scyfy channel original let alone a Chris Nolan film. Theres literally a point where as Batman is walking through the crowd watching cops get the **** beaten out of them and he's behind the criminals and could literally just give them a quick punch in the back and turn the tide for like a good dozen cops that way as he's walking but he just looks around for Bane. Now he finally comes face to face with Bane and you have far and away the most awkward shot Chris Nolan has ever put in any of his movies anywhere. Batman is standing completely still telling Bane about why hes back and its a full shot of Batman down to his legs and his stance isn't like poised and ready or detirmined, he's just sort of wavering back and forth to the left and right a little and carelessly there like it's not even being shot and just a practice read through. And to make this like a million times worse, you have this cop punching a merc to his left and it's clear this guys stopping short his punches a good foot and a half of the mercs stomach whos reacting a few seconds too late because he can't tell when the cops gonna pull his fake punch. It's such a Brett Ratnet level of awfulness it's not even so bad it's funny funny.

There are weaknesses like that everywhere, most of the mains are completely out of character as a result of being rushed along
to this place where everything sort of feels like it's ending way too prematurely. Nolan tries so hard to convince us Batman is tired but it's the most contrite stupid stuff like legitimately awful amatuer film school looking hair dye on Bail's wings. He looks like Pauli from The Sopranos, it's way too obvious and unblended. And other desperate things like the doctor who tells us he's broken everywhere. This scenes like another complete joke right down to the famous comedian playing the doctor. And that's thrown out the window 10 mins later when he can kick through concrete walls, or break his back and still come back and climb a sheer rock face. The Robin character is the biggest bastardisation of comic material this genre but I won't even get into that. I'll just say I was an orphan and I can assure you that we can't i.d. one another via eye contact.

The end chase scene is so vanilla, even with the Bat involved it feels like we've seen it before and a way less fun and interesting version of the TDK's Big Rig chase which had far more interesting events play out like Batman blocking a missle with the Tumbler, The Pod reveal, the chopper going down, the game of chicken with the Truck and Pod. Here the only clever piece of writing like that is when he leads the missle back to the Tumbler that fired it at him. And the whole time Fox does his best impression of the guy from Begins who keeps reminding us the pressures gonna blow! Miranda's death is another funny joke, combined with the Gordon revelation which is way too obviously spelled out for audiences, combining a flashback with him physically saying Wayne's name outloud just in case some dumbass watching still couldn't put two and two togeather. And then you have Batman able to blow a hole in a building with missles big enough to fly through when the very same missles couldn't penetrate a truck windshield a minute earlier. Combine that with the completely brainless police force, including Gordon who we've seen has some sort of alzheimers now to have forgotten that he already knew Batman was Wayne in TDK. His story isn't even wrapped up properly to boot, we see him on the roof next to the Bat signal but why? Is he commisioner again now? Even after the letter and admitting all this was his fault? Batman, the Mayor, Harvey Dent, Bruce Wayne, and Bane are dead, the country and world are going to want somebody to blame and he admitted that he illegally put hundreds of men in jail and broke his own laws. There seems to literally be zero blowback for the only man still alive to answer for the entire 8 month hell disaster. And what about his family who were in the other 2 films? Did it cost him his wife and kids? We don't know at all. And that Orphan house X-Men ending, just wow. Hey 60 kids are running around Wayne Manor now, kids who love to explore every nook and cranny surely won't find any hidden entrances to the Batcave. You know the thing every criminal in Gotham would want to blow up and that sits right below where they all sleep and play.

All in all it's not the worst movie ever made or even a terrible movie by comic book standards but when I factor in that it's the same team(writing, cinematographer, actors, director) for all 3 then it just doesn't live upto the rest of what we got. Theres some great stuff in there but alot of it just feels sloppy and rushed to me. Nolan also got caught up in all the typical third act crap that people are sick of. I don't get this idea that things can only be a trilogy and the hero's story needs to wrap up by the end of 3. I thought we we're past that, especially with Marvel but they too look like they will now end on IM3 which is the exact same formula we've seen time and again. Heres hoping that Spiderman planning 4 movies right away like this will be able to avoid that curse. Sorry about the long rant.

6/10

Wow, this is like a July 2012 review, impressive, this movie keeps on giving. :rotfl

Wow, this is like a July 2012 review, impressive, this movie keeps on giving. :rotfl

Well probably cause I pretty much haven't watched it since then and was hoping some of those issues would fade a bit but for me they are still prevalent. I'm trying to be specific though and not just say it's crap outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back