The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Semantics. And people that nitpick things like that aren't worth arguing with.... You tend to repeat yourself over and over in this thread about trivial issues like that makes this movie bad. I was wrong to assume it had been several times this time instead a whopping two (seriously why did it need to be repeated again so shortly after? :dunno).

When DiFabio picks things apart, I understand he's having a bit of fun as a raving fanboy. When you do it, you're completely serious about what you're saying. If you pick apart ANY comic book movie, you'll have all these issues. You must not enjoy any comic book movie if you can't look past something as cliche/common as dual identities. I think Nolan and Bale did a wonderful job making Bruce and Batman's identities separate quite well. If you have such a problem with it, blame Frank Miller. The whole return/first night out come straight from "Year One."

I was talking about Gordon not knowing in Nolan's universe. Gordon should have known all along.
Like someone else said here already at the end of Rises Gordon should have said something like "Thank you Bruce" that would have been a great line for him.

but no, we have the worst detective in the world. I was saying how I agree with others like Nam on how Gordon should know about Bruce and Nolan was a complete idiot for doing what he did with Gordon at the end or Rises. That was seriously one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in the trilogy.

before you go on a rant about me I am not even the only person to see this. If I was I would take you seriously but you are complaining to me something that others see as well. How stupid Nolan made Gordon look

Personally I wanted Gordon to know who he was more than any other character, so if it turned out he knew who it was all along it would have had less of an impact.

It was a great scene. So much came together in that moment, including Gordon finally seeing the full measure of his own actions.

He probably got a clue when his family left him.

Note to self: When a crazy gunman with half a face holds a gun to your kid's head, your wife might get pissed later when you start telling the city it was really Batman's fault.

Note to self: When a crazy gunman with half a face holds a gun to your kid's head and Batman saves his life, your wife might get pissed later when you start telling the city it was really Batman's fault.

He probably got a clue when his family left him.

Note to self: When a crazy gunman with half a face holds a gun to your kid's head, your wife might get pissed later when you start telling the city it was really Batman's fault.

And it is 100% consistent with his character to carry on with what he believes is best for Gotham. For the greater good.

Doesn't matter what personal sacrifices he has to make.

They characterized that perfectly :lecture

Right. He sees it as his job as soon as he started taking the responsibility. His wife chose to not stand by him, as is her prerogative. To an extent, she was right. He was mistaken that working within the system would achieve his goals. He knew it once the lie of the Dent Act had begun to take its toll, but didn't know how to extricate himself.

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this, it's hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IkMPZ7WeDck

pfftch_laughing_rage_face_comic_meme_flyer-p244452291442661682b73co_400.jpg

Right. He sees it as his job as soon as he started taking the responsibility. His wife chose to not stand by him, as is her prerogative. To an extent, she was right. He was mistaken that working within the system would achieve his goals. He knew it once the lie of the Dent Act had begun to take its toll, but didn't know how to extricate himself.

Precisely.

I liked it more on second viewing. All of the accumulated doubts I had on account of reading the gibberish in this thread evaporated instantaneously.

It was extremely satisfying.

werewolf beast said:
I was talking about Gordon not knowing in Nolan's universe.

Erm... No you weren't.

What I found incredibly stupid about Nolan and Bruce secret identity is that Bruce is gone for years and is even declared dead. Then all of the sudden he comes back from the dead in Begins and then all of the sudden at this exact time this mysterious Batman figure appears with high tech gadgets and a freaking Tumbler.....

Anyone paying attention to the freaking newspaper would have made the connection. Even if people didn't think Bruce was Batman they would have at least think he was connected to it.

seriously. Bruce comes back and at the same time Batman appears. How didn't EVERYONE knew who he was? :slap

:slap

Indeed...

Gordon not knowing is also a part of the comics. So again if that's a complaint, your complaint stems from the comic. in these films, Gordon chooses not to know. He doesn't investigate it. Perhaps he's taking a page from Fox. When he's confronted about his identity, he won't have to lie. He's the Batman and that's all that matters to him.

If there's one thing I'd change, I'd lose the flashback. That's there for casual movie goers who either forgot that scene in BB or didn't even pick up on the fact that the cop there was Gordon. A lot of people I knew didn't see that detail until their second viewing of BB (or their first viewing of TDKR).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back