The Dark Knight--Complete Score Release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have at least resequenced the tracks across the two discs. I don't want to buy the same first disc that's already available and then a second disc of extras. For the price, they should offer a chronological listening experience.

They should have at least resequenced the tracks across the two discs. I don't want to buy the same first disc that's already available and then a second disc of extras. For the price, they should offer a chronological listening experience.

Until I hear the second disc I can't say, but I believe tracks on the 2nd disc will actually be redundant sort of from the first disc.

It seems like one track on the new disc is from the prologue through Batman's first scene. There are 2 tracks on disc one that comprise 80% of this music.

You could probably make just one disc if they chopped it down to single track representations of each piece of music.

I'm sure for savings, they opted to just repack the disc from the first run, plus with the MP3 boom, people don't mind much if the tracks aren't in order because they just slap them into a playlist in order in iTunes or whatever and upload them to their MP3 players. CD's will vanish probably within 10-15 years at the most.

I was going to pick this up until I just heard that snippet of track #12 of disc 2. Sounds like a Techno Viking song.

Techno Viking ?! This I gotta hear :D

Edit : I Like it :D wouldn't say Viking though. That's still more artist like Heimataerde, except that's more Medieval electronica

We should all be able to tell soon enough. Apparently mine just shipped out from Amazon.com. Will be here in a couple of days. I thought it a bit odd considering it is still listed as pre-order to be released on December 9 on their website. Well, I can't complain. :D

Generally to help you get it on the day (or around that time) I know in the UK the stuff that was released on monday was typically there on a friday or saturday.

Mine's still not been shipped though :(

The special edition 1 disc set isn't anything special really. I got it, pretty dissappointing contents.

I'd either save a little and get the standard 1 disc set or if you care about quality extras, get the new 2 disc set with the book included.

From what I've heard of the clips from the Prologue, that's the money music for me. Glad we're getting that released.

Exactly, that's really what counts, that it at least be given a chance, doesn't have to win, but shouldn't be overlooked either.

For those on the fence about this release, I suggest you act swiftly. I'm guessing these may not be going out to stores, I tried FYE today and they didn't get it and I just checked their website, they're already sold out, I jumped on Amazon, which is thankfully discounted now compared to a month or so ago, and got my order in before it's too late. This really is a special limited run.

Mine arrived today.

The packaging makes for a cool collector item, the book being the case and not a separate item in the pack is a little dissappointing, be nice if you could have one without the other for whatever your purpose.

As far as the music on disc 2, great to have proper cuts of cues that didn't make it onto disc one, particularly, the bit from the end of the film when Batman throws Joker out off the Prewitt building, I've been very vocal about how I love that cue and I'm so glad I have it now.

My only dissappointment with the music accross the 2 discs is that it's all over the place and in order to have a chronological score, I'll have to cut some tracks and blend some together with my software, which is ok, I have fun doing that an all, but it can be a bit of work, and I'd have loved if like the Star Wars Episode 1 Ultimate Edition, it was just every second of music from the film from start to finish. I wish all film scores were that way.

Mine arrived today.

The packaging makes for a cool collector item, the book being the case and not a separate item in the pack is a little dissappointing, be nice if you could have one without the other for whatever your purpose.

As far as the music on disc 2, great to have proper cuts of cues that didn't make it onto disc one, particularly, the bit from the end of the film when Batman throws Joker out off the Prewitt building, I've been very vocal about how I love that cue and I'm so glad I have it now.

My only dissappointment with the music accross the 2 discs is that it's all over the place and in order to have a chronological score, I'll have to cut some tracks and blend some together with my software, which is ok, I have fun doing that an all, but it can be a bit of work, and I'd have loved if like the Star Wars Episode 1 Ultimate Edition, it was just every second of music from the film from start to finish. I wish all film scores were that way.

Im with you on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back