The dark knight blue ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easter Egg ALERT!

Directions:
Play Theatrical Trailer 3 on Disc 2.
On your player's remote, enter these numbers: 5 6 5 3 7
(Don't enter them too fast, give it a second or two between each.)
The numbers spell out the word "Joker".
The screen should go blank and the Joker-ized version of the same trailer will play.

Was posted by Anita at SSH.

Yeah, Anita was an amazing help during the virals. She really helped me bring in some loot. Thanks for the post. :rock

Easter Egg ALERT!

Directions:
Play Theatrical Trailer 3 on Disc 2.
On your player's remote, enter these numbers: 5 6 5 3 7
(Don't enter them too fast, give it a second or two between each.)
The numbers spell out the word "Joker".
The screen should go blank and the Joker-ized version of the same trailer will play.

Was posted by Anita at SSH.

Wow. So cool!! I hoping they would make that available somewhere!!

Just got my bat-pod version from Amazon - the toy isn't that impressive, but I like the custom case. Can't speak to the quality of the film transfer either - as for the cropping - this is bound to happen. If you saw the film in a regular theatre and not IMAX you got the same cropping.

But I'm really disappointed in the extras for the blu-ray. Perhaps I'm spoiled as I just watched the Hellboy special edition which has a 2 hour documentary, full director commentary and even the evolution of the movie poster (I love that, being a poster geek).

TDK felt positively anemic comparatively. The focus points were good - but only really touched on the big effects and stunts (man, that helicopter bungee jump looks fun!). The extras, such as Gotham Tonight I'd already seen online and the other docs felt like history channel promo specials with nothing particularly insightful.

Given the popularity of the film, there is bound to be a more elaborate set down the road.

I have been annoyed at the fact there's been next to nothing about how they went about creating Two-Face from concept designs and blending it so fantastically into Aaron Eckhart's performance. There was nothing in the making of/Script Book or the Blu-Ray.

It's not like they need to keep the design under wraps now.

I have been annoyed at the fact there's been next to nothing about how they went about creating Two-Face from concept designs and blending it so fantastically into Aaron Eckhart's performance. There was nothing in the making of/Script Book or the Blu-Ray.

SERIOUSLY!!! Two-Face gets no love in any documentary or focus from TDK. His story was only the backbone of the whole movie and yet no marketing materials or doc's even mention him. Plus, Aaron Eckhart gets completely ignored when it comes to critical praise for the film. When I went to see TDK, I couldn't wait to see how Nolan handled the Two-Face effect. But by the time it happened, Eckharts performance and the writing were so good, I didn't want it to happen. I found myself rooting for Dent to win and not fall. That's good filmaking and acting.

Just got my bat-pod version from Amazon - the toy isn't that impressive, but I like the custom case. Can't speak to the quality of the film transfer either - as for the cropping - this is bound to happen. If you saw the film in a regular theatre and not IMAX you got the same cropping.

But I'm really disappointed in the extras for the blu-ray. Perhaps I'm spoiled as I just watched the Hellboy special edition which has a 2 hour documentary, full director commentary and even the evolution of the movie poster (I love that, being a poster geek).

TDK felt positively anemic comparatively. The focus points were good - but only really touched on the big effects and stunts (man, that helicopter bungee jump looks fun!). The extras, such as Gotham Tonight I'd already seen online and the other docs felt like history channel promo specials with nothing particularly insightful.

Given the popularity of the film, there is bound to be a more elaborate set down the road.

They were actually on TV before so you right about that.

The extras are pretty lame. I am going to ask about those during the chat with Nolan.

I rooted for Dent, up until he held Gordon's family hostage. I wanted that evil bastard dead after that.

I rooted for Dent, up until he held Gordon's family hostage. I wanted that evil bastard dead after that.

Nah thats too harsh, although a fictional story and character just put yourself in his shoes and picture what he lost. If something like that ever happenned to my wife you can count on MANY people dying.

I agreed with his actions...but man....he was totally evil by that point. I really felt something there. Which was good.

But no matter who I would have to kill....killing little kids. Yikes. But still, that was the point. It made the entire scene more tense.

I agreed with his actions...but man....he was totally evil by that point. I really felt something there. Which was good.

But no matter who I would have to kill....killing little kids. Yikes. But still, that was the point. It made the entire scene more tense.

:D I've watched it like 4 times since Tuesday, each time LOUD! My neighbors I think want to kill me now. I sure hope they weren't planning on sleeping in this morning :lol

The best parts I like to watch are HK building scene, Jokers first appearance after the robbery, Batpod scene and the ending. The sound on this film is just sick!

Oh yeah! I turn up the sound so high, the house shakes.

Screw the neighbors! Is the freaking Dark Knight!

Let's look at the kinda stuff they decided to NOT include in this edition. No in-depth talk about Two-Face, Joker, casting, HEATH LEDGER, most special effects, cast interviews.... yadda yadda yadda. You just know there's another edition coming out very soon. They're probably just hoping for Oscar Buzz, then after that, release a complete edition.

It just seemed odd seeing as he was such an integral character and at the end a special effects driven character as well. Just seemed like prime fodder for BHS stuff.

Plus they never did another special edition for Batman Begins and you know they could've milked that for all its worth too

I tried the BD-Live and it looks like there's some good stuff on there, but it's completely unwatchable for me. :monkey2 I know my internets aren't the fastest (2 mb/s downstream) but having to buffer every two seconds seems a bit ridiculous.

Anybody else getting BD-Live buffering problems?

Back