1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

I just ordered mine!

I don't think the front tires will ever give out due to this issue however... if it did we'd know about it from previous owners.

Reading these sounds like buying a used car. Where you kick the tires. Btw you did people kick the tires?

If i hadn't spent £3K already this year I'd be ordering one of these now but i already have too much coming :panic: just hoping i can pick a Tumbler up next year at a reasonable price. At least i'll have a Bat-pod for Batman until then

I don't think the front tires will ever give out due to this issue however... if it did we'd know about it from previous owners.

It's not that the tires are giving out, its that the weight stresses the front fenders and causes them to bend...after watching the video I checked mine and sure enough they were bending out.

It's not that the tires are giving out, its that the weight stresses the front fenders and causes them to bend...after watching the video I checked mine and sure enough they were bending out.

$500 and the fenders can't take the weight. :(

I'm going to have to keep mine propped up.

Yeah I just got to check mine and it was starting to stick out. It was difficult to find the right thing to put under there to prop it up but still make it look like the front wheels are on the ground. But as it was said $500 spent on this, this shouldn't be an issue. :mad:

might sell my spare one since i can't find space for the other one.

Got my replacement back from SS...It's perfect with no broken/missing pieces :yess: Also picked up my display case...now I just need a lighting solution...any ideas fellow freaks?? I could use some suggestions

2012-10-24_12-48-58_HDR.jpg

I put the light strip from ikea on mine
I know I asked the question before with limited responses but I now that more collectors have theirs in I'd like to know if the smudges on top are a standard factory flaw on these
Hot Toys Tumbler
A2CBB539-04C6-4DDE-8EEC-F809FE002563-397-0000007C71C413E3.jpg

The panels were starting to shift on mine. I propped it up last night and it is almost back to normal. It's one of those things I probably would have never noticed if no one pointed it out to me.

I'm not too fussed about it, at least it is two less wheels to melt the table it is sitting on lol.

So I have a stack of CD cases lifting the front wheels off the table so that it doesn't bear too much weight on the front wheels, warping the panels. Under the rear tires, I have a couple old CD roms so that the tires don't melt the table. All this for only $500. Our hobby is so ****ed up.

So the Tumbler is melting tables now ?

So the Tumbler is melting tables now ?

It's a secret weapon never mentioned in the movies...

Just got mine. Jet exhaust is broken off. Sigh. Is superglue the best option?

I don't have a Tumbler, but CA will be your best bet.
If you want it on permanently and never come off, you could try epoxy.
But the best part about Superglue is the shear strength. There are pressures you could use and not budge a part that is superglued on, but if you use a fraction of that strength in a different direction, the glue will give rather than the part being broken.
So it's the toss of a coin. If you epoxy it on, it will never come off, but if it's ever subjected to the same stresses it was subjected to in transit, perhaps a more important part will shatter.

Can anybody answer my question about the smudges on the roof of the tumbler?

In case anyone is looking for an acrylic case for their Tumbler, the guy that did mine ended up getting a few more orders after I showed some pics of the one he did for me and has now listed it on his website as a custom item for sale. I can vouch for the quality of this piece, and will be using him for any other cases that I will need made.

https://clearpc.ca/store/products/dark-knight-batmobile-rc-car-collectible-display-case/

004-8.jpg

Love the case! Is there open space between the acrylic panels kinda like how a Detolf has? Reason I ask is my concern for dust getting in. Or is this case dust proof?

Crap. Mine has the warping panels too. It's hardly noticeable, but that doesn't excuse it from happening on a $500 piece. I wonder if the original release had this issue. I'm hoping for any owners of it to chime in on the subject.

Back