The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to pick up the Cinefex that just came out because the effects were so fascinating to me. And it turns out there's a reason that some of us didn't connect with Pitt's performance - it wasn't all him. They did the early Benjamin with other actors as the body and they did performance capture on Pitt for the acting. So really the Benjamin from birth to appearing age 69 were all different actors and the face was done like Gollum or Yoda.

One of my main problems was with the body movement - so I can't blame Pitt for that. But I wouldn't have thought those weren't Pitt in makeup - so there was truly some groundbreaking CGI going on.

It looked CGI to me, but it was indeed good. In the closing credits it listed who played Benjamin from when to when and there were two, I think, that played him when his was younger (old man).

I thought it was good. Pitt's name helped sell the movie and I think he did a good enough job.

Did they show the 7th lightning strike? I only remember 6. I figured it might be a after credits thing.

Love the movie. Couldn't understand a few character's accents and thought it was a bit long, but it was nice being transported and getting lost in this tale. The lightning man made me laugh every time. Never bothered counting the # of strikes.

Great film, although there are some inconsistancies. It reminds of of a film with Tim Roth, Youth Without Youth, which had a similar premise. Both films really make you think. The only thing I didn't like was adolescent Pitt at the piano. The cgi was great, but the lack of any of it for that scene ruined some of it. He looked nothing like Pitt.

I thought it was good. Pitt's name helped sell the movie and I think he did a good enough job.

Did they show the 7th lightning strike? I only remember 6. I figured it might be a after credits thing.

I think it was only 6 too. I also thought the 7th might be after the credits (after I left of course).

Nope, there was nothing after the credits.

I liked it too. The story was a good one, and it rolled along nicely. Couldn't have given a hoot about the CGI. What I saw looked presentable and wasn't glaringly obvious.

I thought he should have, died a big baby, as well.

This is quite possibly the movie of the year for me, and it also made me cry like a baby because so many things in it brought in recent life events. Few movies touch me as this did and I can easily understand why it's receiving the rave reviews. Everyone should do themselves a favor and go see it.

I saw this with my wife on saturday and we both loved it, just an all around fantastic movie. I thought Pitt and Blanchett's performances were great, but the most notable to me was Taraji P. Henson's (Benjamin's Mom), she was great and is truly worthy of her Oscar Nomination. I loved the story and Fincher captured every moment perfectly IMO, there aren't many movies I can say I enjoyed from beginning to end but this is definitely one of them. I can't wait to own this on Blu-Ray.

On attack of the show they had a side by side comparison of this movie and Forrest Gump. I think they grabbed the clip from youtube. I haven't seen button, but it sound slike they are very alike.

I saw this with my wife on saturday and we both loved it, just an all around fantastic movie. I thought Pitt and Blanchett's performances were great, but the most notable to me was Taraji P. Henson's (Benjamin's Mom), she was great and is truly worthy of her Oscar Nomination. I loved the story and Fincher captured every moment perfectly IMO, there aren't many movies I can say I enjoyed from beginning to end but this is definitely one of them. I can't wait to own this on Blu-Ray.

I saw this today and the ending kinda caught me by surprise, I expected to see him younger but to see a kid with senile dementia was tragic

1st 150+min film in awhile that didn't feel like a 150+min film

Last edited:

So did i!! :rock Great movie from start to finish. And no bad performances at all. The clips from the man who was struck by lightning 7 times were funny as hell :lol And the ending was :monkey2

Back