The Chris Howes GHOSTBUSTERS commissions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple questions for W.S. Toupee:
first, do we pay you or do we pay chris and when?

Hola amigo!
On the three commissions I run with Chris we have me collecting the money and keeping track of the lists to free him up to just sculpt, so just PM me for my Paypal (I don't like posting it because of the Spam-bots). We're taking payments now for everyone. The sooner we can send Chris the full commissions for anyone the better.

Second, if these are drilled will they be adapted to attach to a neck post or will they just be drilled out and we'll have to glue it down or something? either way i want all mine drilled so put me down for that.

You'll need to glue it down or just you can just use putty so it won't be on as permanantly.

Third, will we have the option of having these painted by Kuato like Chris does for his other commissions or are we on our own for painting?

On this board you're NEVER on your own for painting, we have so many kick-ass artists. You know, I've talked to Kuato in the past about painting for the Milla thread and he said he'd like to be able to paint all of Chris' heads if he had the time.
I get the feeling once Chris starts pumping these out poor Kuato's gonna be getting his Hiennie kicked, but I'll drop him a PM though and let him know he's being requested again and see what he says. :)

I might be interested in the regular heads, undrilled, unpainted of the Venkman, Ray and Egon, but do you know if the Proton packs are still available, because between the different commissions, I have to admit I'm a little lost! :D

I have links in the first post to Nick-o-Trons packs and traps because they are essential goods!

Just to make this official, Storeroom.com just doesn't seem to be interested in making us our jumpsuits even though they started off interested and asked for pics, quantities, and reference saying they WOULD make it. I was originally just writing them and asking if they could get us mass quantities of the Sat Toys jumpsuit, and Storeroom reseponded by outright offering to make them for us (and the other things). Later e-mails were met with no replies from them, and once they finally did, it was from a different person who had no idea about the previous E-mails, was less than interested in doing it, and wondered why I would contact a STORE to make something. (YOU-GUYS-OFFERED!!!) :banghead:banghead:banghead

Hey guys, so going on costumes reffering to the slimed peter head when we get him..hows ppl thinking of making the costume look slimed?? paint? fabrice paint maybe?

im jst thinking of a few drops here and there on the outfit. altho would the paint soak into the material or would it jst paint onto the fabric as needed??

i also thought if using paint, once the paint dry maybe using a bit of gloss to paint over the top would make the paint glow shiney like the slime does..give it a slight wet look possibly??

I got my patches from Tang on the OSW :D These were pretty nice, and he includes a TON of them. You can do a minimum of 16 screen accurate Ghostbusters (8 from #1, 8 from #2) plus you also have several other options for custom ones.

They're the style "P" listed in this thread on the OSW:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79328

hey i cant log into see as i aint a memebr so iaint sure what u mean. i want accurate patches tho, with the correct font.

hey i cant log into see as i aint a memebr so iaint sure what u mean. i want accurate patches tho, with the correct font.

patches_guide_spook_nukem_v2.jpg

They look pretty cool. Though I dont get why there are GBsigns with blue background... But you have to cut them out anyway...

Cannot find a price... How much are they? Whats about the quality?

patches_guide_spook_nukem_v2.jpg

They look pretty cool. Though I dont get why there are GBsigns with blue background... But you have to cut them out anyway...

yeah those patches are cool, info owuld be cool. i see there 2 different fonts used for the name badges, ofr gb 1 and 2 id reckon as the name badges use different lettering in each film dont they? whats with the cream coloured name abdges tho?/

The price is in the first post of the OSW thread - $15 USD via paypal, only accepts bank account debits because of the account type he has. I'd recommend PM'ing Tang through the OSW for more info.

The quality on mine is quite nice - very pleased. I haven't figured out quite how these attach yet as I need to ask about that.

yeah those are cool patches. i know other ppl have used mark at patches of pride havent they??

any1 got pics of his gb patches??

yeah those patches are cool, info owuld be cool. i see there 2 different fonts used for the name badges, ofr gb 1 and 2 id reckon as the name badges use different lettering in each film dont they? whats with the cream coloured name abdges tho?/

The blue colored background was a test to try and provide contrast against the red and white of the logo to help make them easier to cut out. The tan and green patches use a subdued color scheme in case any one wanted to try doing a Ghostbusters variant figure. Both movies did use different fonts and in GB2 the width of the patch was actually determined by the number of letters in the characters last name. In GB1 all the name patches were a standard width (determined by the character with the longest last name, "Zeddemore").

I received my patches from Tang and they are beautiful. The picture doesn't do them justice and is optimized for obvious reasons. It tends to make the lettering look aliased and pixelated but let me tell you they are sharp and clear as can be.

And if anyone is curious I bought some "flexible and stretchable" fabric glue from Michaels and am going to use it to attach my patches. I believe the maker is Aleene.

yup. mine are from patches of pride. they are the GB1 font i believe.

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

ahh yeah those are the1s. mark mssged me back and said they were like 1.95 eahc or something. but they do look cool and the font is correct. did u have to cut the ghost logo out urself frm that grey background??

and how do they attatch to the fabric of the suit, are they jst like plain stickers or are they printed on photo transfer paper which u iron onto the fabric/?

ahh yeah those are the1s. mark mssged me back and said they were like 1.95 eahc or something. but they do look cool and the font is correct. did u have to cut the ghost logo out urself frm that grey background??

and how do they attatch to the fabric of the suit, are they jst like plain stickers or are they printed on photo transfer paper which u iron onto the fabric/?
yes i had to cut out the GB logo and it was a ^^^^^. plus i had to do 3 more when i was done. they are made out of a very thin cloth-like material. not paper. i glued them to the uniforms which was also a ^^^^^ cuz you wanna try and cover the complete patch so it doesn't curl down the line but you dont want any excess glue to smear out around the edges. i'd say i did a great job. i think one of my suits has a small glue mark by one of the ghost's hands but oh well.

isoo cant wait for these to be done and to finaly se the new ray stantz head which will hopefully be debuted soon. finaly we can use a good ray sculpt with the right hairstyle instead of the bb2000 head with a flat hairstyle with parting.

Now that I've seen that there will be quality accessories and costuming with the upcoming Mattel 1:6 Ghostbusters figures I'm back into this... when the third run of Nick's amazing proton packs got cancelled leaving me packless I'd written off being able to do these, but it looks like the Mattel figures will really only need new base bodies, boots and HEADSCULPTS to be incredible.

I any case, I think the demand for Chris's heads is going to increase as the amount of work to bash the boys together just potentially decreased a great deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back