The Carnotaurus Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, that is pretty nice! It's amazing how different the same statue can look in different lighting. For example, here's what mine looks like, though it obviously has no custom paint:

jurassicpark.jpg

I'm planning to use these in an upcoming review for the piece. Here's a side-by-side with the first Dinosauria statue.

DSC00267.jpg

Good on scale, not so great on detail. But when you look at it on its own, it's not really as appalling as one's mind might make it seem initially. :)

... this would have been much more palatable for we JP purists...
PICT0044.jpg

JPrepaint012.jpg

The most extensive but worthwhile repaint I've ever gotten on a collectible. Considering the breathtaking detail in the sculpt, it would have been a crime not to have had it done. :rock

I love those piccies Scar, that re-paint is outstanding :rock :rock

Leave it to Shell to bring peace to a topic discussing the flesh-eating bull. :D :rock
Yeah baby....keeping the peace, it's what I do :lol I'm an easy going kinda gal :duff
x :wave

No sarcasm. I really do love those piccies, Scar's re-paint is the best I've ever seen of that Dio :lecture

I'm just playing, I really am an easy going gal :lecture :rock

Last edited:
Very cool repaint Scar...to bad it didnt come like that to begin with.
On at totally separate note, has anyone been charged yet for the Carnotaurus yet?...notice I got said it was going to happen yesterday. Nothing has been charged to my card yet and im curious to see how this thing is going to turn out.

Chris

Good on scale, not so great on detail. But when you look at it on its own, it's not really as appalling as one's mind might make it seem initially. :)

The two weren't meant to be in scale with one another, and even the individual Dinosauria pieces won't be in scale. While that does make it a touch difficult for the layman to compare relative size between, say, a T.rex and a Carnotaurus via the maquettes, it does allow for larger depictions of smaller dinos and a greater likelihood to capture better detail, as well as the potential to have a multitude of gargantuan creatures in a collection with limited space.

The flawed paint apps should not detract from the SPECTACULAR detail in the piece. Just look at the faux bronze for ample proof of the point. Though I'm glad you're otherwise pleased with the piece. The end product, unfortunately, left me crestfallen.

I love those piccies Scar, that re-paint is outstanding :rock :rock

Yeah baby....keeping the peace, it's what I do :lol I'm an easy going kinda gal :duff

Glad you approve, Shell! :rock

I can't tell if she's being sarcastic.

Not at all. Shell is a paragon of justice and sincerity. The most amiable and cosmopolitan of mods.
loiter_fact.jpg

On at totally separate note, has anyone been charged yet for the Carnotaurus yet?...notice I got said it was going to happen yesterday. Nothing has been charged to my card yet and im curious to see how this thing is going to turn out.

Chris

Not just yet. I wager we'll be getting our notifications rather soon.

I know they weren't intended to be to scale, I just meant that they display pretty nicely together. Obviously the JP Rex was massive (I don't think we've even discovered one that large yet), while the Dinosauria piece includes a sub-adult Rex.

I have been charged for my Carnotaurus statues, probably because I'm a retailer - I hope I'm allowed to use that word. I have some on their way to me and several being drop-shipped to customers across the country. People living in CA near Sideshow make me green with envy, though. :D

And nice Schrute image, where'd you get it? The Office Premium Format Figures FTW!

Shell is one of the very best on this board dan. :lecture This isn't just my opinion either, it is a proven fact. :D
Thank you Havvy sweetie, you :rock
x
Glad you approve, Shell! :rock

Not at all. Shell is a paragon of justice and sincerity. The most amiable and cosmopolitan of mods.
loiter_fact.jpg
I totally approve my friend, simply beautiful. THAT is the Dio we should have had :lecture and it's very fitting that it belongs to our very own Forum Master of all things Dino :rock
That is a great compliment, thank you my friend

Now bring on the Carnotaurus Maquette, I cannot wait to see many 'in hand' piccies of this baby !!

And nice Schrute image, where'd you get it?

The interwebs. It's a series of tubes. :D

I totally approve my friend, simply beautiful. THAT is the Dio we should have had :lecture and it's very fitting that it belongs to our very own Forum Master of all things Dino :rock
That is a great compliment, thank you my friend

Now bring on the Carnotaurus Maquette, I cannot wait to see many 'in hand' piccies of this baby !!

Making me blush, Shell! :eek:

Obviously the JP Rex was massive (I don't think we've even discovered one that large yet)...

At 42 feet in length, Sue was actually longer than the JP T.rex by a little less than two feet, and Saskatchewan's Scotty (who is believed to have been not only longer and more massive, but also an older individual than Sue) would have been larger still. The JP T.rex is very distinct in appearance, but physically is easily one of the more paleontologically laudable of the series' dinosaurs in appearance.

At 42 feet in length, Sue was actually longer than the JP T.rex by a little less than two feet, and Saskatchewan's Scotty (who is believed to have been not only longer and more massive, but also an older individual than Sue) would have been larger still. The JP T.rex is very distinct in appearance, but physically is easily one of the more paleontologically laudable of the series' dinosaurs in appearance.

Wow, so was there was an even bigger T-Rex specimen found Scar? I thought Sue was really the only one found..

And on a side note, when are you gonna charge and ship out our Carno's SS???:banghead

Last edited:
Boom! Card just charged boys! Item Shipping Soon on my acount :chew

Now let's see how long it takes for them to actually ship it out :lol

I am more excited about this statue than any other statue right now. I'm waiting with baited breath for mine to ship, and to see this thread get flooded with pics!

Back