The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/30) 1/6 Echo Base Trooper, Han Solo in ATST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/29) 1/6 Han Solo in ATST disguise

Nice work on the AT-ST Driver. The details on the helmet are fantastic. Good stuff.

On the Han/AT-ST driver, is that a modified hasbro jumpsuit? Did you make the shoulder patches?

Yeah I second Nate's questions. Give us some more details on the Han. He looks amazing.

I didn't think the Hasbro helmet could ever look so good. What did you use for the back silver piece.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, it's a modified Hasbro ATAT driver jumpsuit (added pockets etc. - you can see the wrist greeblie pocket I missed the corners on - will have to touch that up.) And yes, I made the shoulder patches. The silver back rod thingie on the helmet is just styrene, as is the side circular thing and base. I swapped out the goggles' elastic for a more screen accurate width (that helps more than you'd think) and added tension clips like the real goggles have.

I'm showing my Echo Base trooper next (bit of a Hasbro 3 3/4" thing going here) and I need to do redo his goggles more to be like the ATST ones.

And the Hasbro helmet is oversized, but I tried casting the SSC snowie helmet (which is where the ATST came from) and there's something that just doesn't quite look right about that - the flare is wrong or something, maybe dome/flare together, not sure. I contemplated dremeling the bottom 3mm off the hasbro helmet as the flare is a little long, but in the end I found the thing that helps most is to tilt it as far forward as possible - it lessens the Vader/Dark Helmet look.

In reference pics, the ATST helmet is really weird - some helmets appear larger than others, and it looks very different depending on how it's tilted. The Hasbro helmet appears about 10% too large I think, maybe a bit more (closer to 20%) if tilted back a lot.

What also helps is that HF is over 6' tall so I made this figure maybe 12 1/4" - 12 1/2" tall so it would be correct (with that helmet on, HF would have been 6'-4" or so) and the SSC Indy head is a little oversized - these things help bring the Hasbro helmet closer to scale. A generic ATST driver with say a DID/3R head might be harder to make look right. Oh, and repainting the helmet helps too.

The wrist greeblie is a few Hasbro bits glued together. The belts (with styrene buckles) are obviously a little homage to the Hasbro fig, which I loved when they did it because it was a Han outfit I didn't even think of. Boots are obviously Rebel Fleet Trooper. Gloves are from Garindan, which aren't great, but the pose of the fingers worked for holding the communicator.

I have some great hi-res screen caps of the explosives charge and will be repainting that pretty soon.

Nice work on the figures.
I really dig this one
1imps4-L.png

great use of the imagination to come up with it. Personally i like him without the pauldron. If only we had a troop transport to put him in........:monkey3

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, it's a modified Hasbro ATAT driver jumpsuit (added pockets etc. - you can see the wrist greeblie pocket I missed the corners on - will have to touch that up.) And yes, I made the shoulder patches. The silver back rod thingie on the helmet is just styrene, as is the side circular thing and base. I swapped out the goggles' elastic for a more screen accurate width (that helps more than you'd think) and added tension clips like the real goggles have.

I'm showing my Echo Base trooper next (bit of a Hasbro 3 3/4" thing going here) and I need to do redo his goggles more to be like the ATST ones.

And the Hasbro helmet is oversized, but I tried casting the SSC snowie helmet (which is where the ATST came from) and there's something that just doesn't quite look right about that - the flare is wrong or something, maybe dome/flare together, not sure. I contemplated dremeling the bottom 3mm off the hasbro helmet as the flare is a little long, but in the end I found the thing that helps most is to tilt it as far forward as possible - it lessens the Vader/Dark Helmet look.

In reference pics, the ATST helmet is really weird - some helmets appear larger than others, and it looks very different depending on how it's tilted. The Hasbro helmet appears about 10% too large I think, maybe a bit more (closer to 20%) if tilted back a lot.

What also helps is that HF is over 6' tall so I made this figure maybe 12 1/4" - 12 1/2" tall so it would be correct (with that helmet on, HF would have been 6'-4" or so) and the SSC Indy head is a little oversized - these things help bring the Hasbro helmet closer to scale. A generic ATST driver with say a DID/3R head might be harder to make look right. Oh, and repainting the helmet helps too.

The wrist greeblie is a few Hasbro bits glued together. The belts (with styrene buckles) are obviously a little homage to the Hasbro fig, which I loved when they did it because it was a Han outfit I didn't even think of. Boots are obviously Rebel Fleet Trooper. Gloves are from Garindan, which aren't great, but the pose of the fingers worked for holding the communicator.

I have some great hi-res screen caps of the explosives charge and will be repainting that pretty soon.
That's awesome dude. I made an AT-ST driver awhile back and have started on another one and my original plan was to use the Hasbro helmet but like you said with different heads it looks huge so I used Snowtrooper buckets. But it looks perfect with the application you used it for. I also use the Hasbro jumpsuits but they are a little too dark. How did you lighten yours? I tried bleaching mine but it did nothing. I figured that since it had nylon in it that was keeping it from lightening up. I want to try it again with a little vinegar in the mix hoping that will help. Any suggestions?

Great work Talibane. I wanted to ask - do you think a Hasbro Hoth Luke could be made presentable and combined with a truetype, HT Luke boots and HT Luke knock-off head? If I loved the look of the Sideshow Hoth Luke then I would get it but the vest looks too pale to me from the prototypes.

Cap, I think you could do well with that idea. The problem with most Hasbro stuff wasn't the outfit, it was the low-quality figures. Some of the headsculpts are even really good (Dooku in particular and many of the aliens).

Cap, I think you could do well with that idea. The problem with most Hasbro stuff wasn't the outfit, it was the low-quality figures. Some of the headsculpts are even really good (Dooku in particular and many of the aliens).

Thanks for the encouragement, I think I might give it a spin.

That's awesome dude. I made an AT-ST driver awhile back and have started on another one and my original plan was to use the Hasbro helmet but like you said with different heads it looks huge so I used Snowtrooper buckets. But it looks perfect with the application you used it for. I also use the Hasbro jumpsuits but they are a little too dark. How did you lighten yours? I tried bleaching mine but it did nothing. I figured that since it had nylon in it that was keeping it from lightening up. I want to try it again with a little vinegar in the mix hoping that will help. Any suggestions?

I didn't dye the Hasbro ATAT driver suit because it appeared to be a match to the ATST outfit in the Costumes book and my ref pics (though the ATST in the book has several aspects that don't match the screen-used outfits.) Just t be clear - I didn't use the Hasbro ATST driver outfit, which is inaccurate in a few ways, including the warm dark grey color.

Rit makes a color remover that I've used with some limited success on Hasbro stuff, and the green Rit dye I used on my light grey Hasbro Imperial uniforms worked great.

I'd love to see your ATST driver - I really like the outfit but the Hasbro one was quite off in a number of ways.

Great work Talibane. I wanted to ask - do you think a Hasbro Hoth Luke could be made presentable and combined with a truetype, HT Luke boots and HT Luke knock-off head? If I loved the look of the Sideshow Hoth Luke then I would get it but the vest looks too pale to me from the prototypes.

I just posted some pics of my Echo base Trooper. I had a look at my Hasbro Luke Hoth and around that time SSC announced their version, so went to the Echo Base Trooper.

The main problem with hasbro stuff is the way-short sleeves, but that doesn't matter if gloves are on, but I think the problem with the Luke Hoth outfit (at least the pants/sleeves) is that the stitching won't be as good as the SSC version.

Cap Brit, google custom Luke Hoth because a few people have done just that - new head and HT boots and it does look decent. I'm still doing a Han Hoth for fun out of the Hasbro outfit even though I'm getting the SSC version.

Oh ok, I totally misread that the first time. You used the AT-AT Hasbro uniform not the AT-ST one. Got it. I'm up to speed now. haha

Yeah I thought of trying the color remover. I've got a spare one that I'm going to run some tests on and if not I'm going to get two Hasbro AT-AT driver jumpsuits and replace them.

Thanks for all the info man. :D

Nice work on the figures.
I really dig this one
1imps4-L.png

great use of the imagination to come up with it. Personally i like him without the pauldron. If only we had a troop transport to put him in........:monkey3

HPIM0848.jpg

Look what google just spat out.:horror:horror:horror:clap

That is one the most amazing things any OT purist will ever lay eyes on.

I've quoted here in my thread just to see the fig and vehicle together. I almost built a ITT turret to display him with.

How are you displaying it? With that custom Death Squad Commander?

Man, I remember following Barry's progress when he was building that thing. Freaking amazing.

Barry you still got it?

Nice work on the Echo Base trooper. You are on a roll.

I'm about to post a couple group shots of some of my OT guys in my thread just FYI. My AT-ST driver is among them.

And holy crap! I love that Echo Base trooper. What's the recipe if you don't mind? I've been planing on doing a couple myself.

HPIM0848.jpg

Look what google just spat out.:horror:horror:horror:clap

That is one the most amazing things any OT purist will ever lay eyes on.

I've quoted here in my thread just to see the fig and vehicle together. I almost built a ITT turret to display him with.

How are you displaying it? With that custom Death Squad Commander?
thanks. I had the custom dsc as a pilot but since have moved him to a shelf that has the original 12 kenner figures with their 12" counterparts (just waiting on r2 for a completion). Your figure looks as if it were made
For the transport and believably fitting.

Man, I remember following Barry's progress when he was building that thing. Freaking amazing.

Barry you still got it?

Nice work on the Echo Base trooper. You are on a roll.
yep still got it. If I ever get back into customizing I will add the few things I originally wanted to do to it...........lights, wheels, sound. One day..........:lol

thanks. I had the custom dsc as a pilot but since have moved him to a shelf that has the original 12 kenner figures with their 12" counterparts (just waiting on r2 for a completion). Your figure looks as if it were made
For the transport and believably fitting.

yep still got it. If I ever get back into customizing I will add the few things I originally wanted to do to it...........lights, wheels, sound. One day..........:lol

I've seen a few 1/6 SW vehicles done (The guy on here Dorgmal is amazing) but an ITT is a pretty inspired idea to get the 1/6 treatment - maybe THE most inspired. What I love too is that it looks like the 3 3/4" version blown up Gentle Giant style, without any "real world"-isms added. Maybe I'm biased - it was always my favorite vehicle. And it's so cool they've revisited it in the new animated series (and Hasbro has a new 3 3/4" version.)

What is the total length of the 1/6 ITT and what is it primarily made of?

Thanks for the comments on the pilot. He was designed to fit right in with OT troops, as is my Dewback handler, which I'm still designing/pulling parts for. And yeah, I like him better without the pauldron as well. He really needs desert grime/weathering added (the reason some of the paint isn't perfect - I thought there'd be heavy weathering over it,) but the clean white has sort of grown on me. I'm hoping to get a copy of the comic I drew back in the day where this guy appears in the ITT.

Nice work with your Ree-Yees there Tali - looks really good. :duff

Great work with your Vader too, it's interesting what can be done when the time's put in.

Wait, that was a hasbro Vader?? Wooow, awesome. I was like: "Damn, I have to get that HT Vader!" Lol. Nice post.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

Thanks so much for all the comments everyone! I think I've returned all the PM's - and I will be posting a breakdown of the rebel trooper shortly. Sorry, super busy with work right now:(, but will shortly be posting some new pics, of my custom Beedo/Greedo and also my heavily customized body Luke Dagobah (so he can sit in the "sitting with Yoda" pose.)

Will also be setting up my Tama 3PO in preparation for SSC R2's arrival so will finally be able to get Ree Yees into action harassing 3PO!

Back