The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/30) 1/6 Echo Base Trooper, Han Solo in ATST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, will be uploading some more stuff soon.:hi5:

grievous, here's those older WIP pics of my custom Zuckuss - not sure what part of the tubes you were wanting to see.

k65FDp9.jpg

This is still WIP.... (sorry, top of the neck sleeve got "cut off" in this pic. :lol ) Weapon is custom - a "realstic" version of the Kenner stormie rifle in dark green like the Kenner variant.

Planning a Kenner stand, but maybe cantina playset themed.

Still figuring how to position the jumpsuit in terms of folds, also whether the cortch area tucks under or stays as "loin cloth" look. It's a very drapey dyed fabric so I should be able to get some Kenner-style creases in the mid section.

2Px6pti.jpg

Last edited:
This is still WIP.... (sorry, top of the neck sleeve got "cut off" in this pic. :lol ) Weapon is custom - a "realstic" version of the Kenner stormie rifle in dark green like the Kenner variant.

Planning a Kenner stand, but maybe cantina playset themed.

Still figuring how to position the jumpsuit in terms of folds, also whether the cortch area tucks under or stays as "loin cloth" look. It's a very drapey dyed fabric so I should be able to get some Kenner-style creases in the mid section.

2Px6pti.jpg
he even has the sly look to the left!!!
Great attention to detail man!!

Thanks, guys! :hi5:

Further WIP - started on the stand. Hoping to have the top hexagon of the stand the same yellow-orange as the Kenner Cantina (with faux-stone details like Kenner Cantina floor) and maybe half of the cantina's table just behind him, also painted yellow/orange. Still haven't futzed/posed the tunic yet - I think I'm lapping the "loincloth" under as opposed to hanging flat to match the figure a little better.

In my final pics I'll try to show the "realistic" Kenner rifle. I'm also going to push the hands up onto the wrist pegs a bit more - they have slipped out a bit here.

Will also add some more "blood" coming out of his side gills. The eyes have fine red veins in them that don't seem to show up in pics. :gah:

qORkiMy.jpg

Last edited:
New WIP - Palpatine's fall/death (well, in the OT at least 😬:lol) Probably posing a collpased ROTJ Vader next to him.

I had a bunch of Hasbro Palps stuff lying around so this is Hasbro head and outfit (outer robe has wires added to all hems - you can see the ends I haven't trimmed) Boots are resin casts of the SSC rebel fleet trooper )painted black because I think the brown HT boots look weird) and the hands are the extras from my HT Palps, and the stand is an extra Luke Jedi version.

There are quite a few recasts of the HT Palps head on eBay but I just didn't think th HT smile expression worked for the falling/death face and I couldn't find a recast of the SSC "angry face" Palps which I kinda liked (there were some on eBay a few years back.) The Hasbro face isn't great so I've tweaked it.

I have to hand it to anyone who repainted their HT Palps head - getting Palps' face to look accurate is very tough. I'm still tweaking the face paint. My closer pic of the face was out of focus but you get the idea.

I will be building a railing for the front of the stand with two posts so he'll be suspended sort of tumbling over a railing. His pose will probably be more "arched" with legs more bent - the bendy HT stand gives you a lot of stability and freedom for poses.

I was going to make/buy more lightning but once he's falling he only has small amounts of lightining on his hands, and I wanted no lightning on one hand to show fear.

866AfLJ.jpg

This is another angle showing the body a bit better:

cnb1kWj.jpg

Super mega-close-up with the macro lens...

N9GaiPH.jpg

Last edited:
Haha that’s cool! You did a great job painting that Palps head. I’m laughing because I didn’t expect that falling pose to ever be used haha.

Yeah it started out as Vader holding Palps above him (ie just about to throw him) but I felt like it sort of covered up the Vader fig. So I tried the HT "bendy" stand support so the stump-hand/beat-up Vader fig could be nearby (ie like he's thrown Palps a second or two earlier) but fully visible, and the Palps fig as a beside-but-separate fig.

Last edited:
I forgot I had only posted a super crappy older phone pic of my Dewback rider/look sir droids custom trooper so I took a few more pics with my new camera. Took a wide pic to show the prod/pole. Should have some pics of the WIP custom Dewback build by end of next month.

k15f7tQ.jpg

dOjxK45.jpg

ed5HHur.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff Duncan!!

Sandtrooper weathering is spot on. Did you weather and then apply a gloss coat to areas of the armor?

Last edited:
Trying out the macro on my new camera. This pic shows the scratch builds of the Bossk outfit greeblies I did. I ended up either heavily modding or not using many of the SSC parts. Stuff like the web belt and the windak front tubing were nearly all scratch built - that's a real miniature metal wrench on the right side, just like the Bossk costume uses a "King Dick" brand wrench. The rifle I rebuilt parts of too, redoing the scopes, stock and strap.

Tried to get a "slimy" look to the face. He often looks a little creepy in the display if the lights aren't on, which I like.

The main thing I don't like about my custom Bossk is the SSC suit is a bit short in the torso so I couldn't quite make him tall enough - he's a touch under 12" when he should be another 1/4" taller.

8UA6NI5.jpg

Good stuff Duncan!!

Sandtrooper weathering is spot on. Did you weather and then apply a gloss coat to areas of the armor?
Thanks Chris - I painted the armor gloss first then added the weathering over that, in two shades.

What's hard about sandie weatering is that some of it looks a bit fake. Like someone just took a paint brush and just slapped paint ovr a few areas. Which in some bts pics seems to have been the case - a guy with a big paint brush attacked the subtle/realistic weathering out on location, adding some not-quite-as-convincing additions. :lol In some areas I did try to match the patterns precisely (as its a bit like Boba's helmet; part of the look) and so you end up closely replicating something that looks a bit fake.:rotfl

I think I mentioned before that you can see the gloss of the stormie armor shining from under the sandie weathering in certain (mostly studio) lighting, so the gloss/matte combination on the figure makes it look a bit more real. In contrast, the HT sandie is quite matte so always felt slightly less real to me in-hand.

Couple more macro super-close pics as I learn to use my new camera. You start to realize the camera can zoom in closer than you can with eyes and paint brushes/tools. :lol What's funny about the ANH Vader is I tried to paint the gunmetal/silver slightly messy to match onscreen, but the macro shows I should have tried to make it as clean as possible, because it would still look a bit messy under the macro lens.

4wdkf9H.png

xXyhxzO.jpg

Back