The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/30) 1/6 Echo Base Trooper, Han Solo in ATST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaliBane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, these are the first couple of customs I'm showing. This is a Ree Yees and a Vader. I didn't know about the great Enaud's Ree set, so made my own. I'll be posting some better pics of him later (using iphone - yes, my camera is that bad) with the Tamashii 3PO and will by the have glued his under-boots straps. He's highly articulated - his head can turn, look up and down and tilt, and his arms can go up over his head to do the "crazy ape" Ree Yees excited poses from the Palace.

The Vader is an "ultra low cost" custom that is all Hasbro except the gloves and codpiece (cost me $25 incl shipping.) He's designed as a background figure among the imperials. The facemask was a real challenge because it was way off, and the chestbox (it's the soft rubbery one) is undersized.

ree3-XL.png

ree2-XL.png

hasbro%20vader%20reboot-X2.png

I lost the pic of this custom stormie then found it again, so thought I'd add it. It is a cast of a Marmit sandie for the helmet, everything else is Hasbro except the SSC rifle.

dov5f6.jpg

Re: The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane - 1/6 Ree Yees, Vader

Here is my Imperial Troop Transporter Pilot. I display him with and without pauldron. The only thing he's missing is his officer rank badge (similar to snowtrooper commander) that fell off.

This is an outfit I designed when I was a kid back in the day (for a SW comic I did for a friend, shown driving an Imperial Troop Transporter) so I thought it would be fun to actually make him.

Below is also my Captain Piett figure, which doesn't use any of the Sideshow Piett except the head. Couldn't find/afford the after-market prices on SSC Piett so made my own out of Hasbro parts. The Hasbro uniform was dyed green so it's sort of olive green/grey. I made the rank cylinder, badge and buckle out of styrene.

Also below is my Death squad commander, which is basically a copy of Chakaman's. I made a leather holster and made a imperial variant blaster (the one with the different box that one of the Tantive stormies carries) for his sidearm. He's a blend of ESB (sidearm/holster) and ROTJ (insignias both shoulders) commanders, not ANH.

1imps4-XL.png

1imps2-XL.png

1imps5-XL.png

1imps6-XL.png

This is a Han in ATST disguise custom. I haven't repainted the explosives charge yet.

1hanatst2-XL.png

1hanatst1-XL.png

Here is Echo Base Trooper (with #$@*! goggles which are being redone.)

1echobase-XL.png

Those figures are amazing mate. Love the Ree Yees. I have been looking that headsculpt (Ree Yees) after seeing it on ebay long time ago. Where did u get that one?

Nice work! Ree is awesome, and that Vader really shows what you can do with a Hasbro version.

Wow!! That Ree-Yees looks fantastic. Nicely done. I love the outfit, the best I have seen. Nice work on the belt, boots etc. Good stuff man.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

:clap:clap
Awesome. I love Vader custome figures. What you have done on that hasbro Vader is great. And, yes, Chakaman says right, hasbro have a lot of hidden surprise. I think you were able to pull out them all. :clap:clap

Very nice Ree Yees! The outfit is great, articulation is always great. The Vader is also quite impressive. I like making the Hasbro stuff look presentable, which you definitely did here. Good Job! Looking forward to what else you have in the pipeline.

Also clever idea making a low-cost Vader for when you want him in multiple uses in a collection. It looks really good.

Thanks so much for the comments! I'll be posting a bunch more stuff in the next week or two.

And re: Ree Yees (that typed up funny) headsculpt, I actually bought a GG Ree Yees bust to use the head but it was about 30% too small, maybe 1/7 scale. Before I re-sold it, I cast the mouth/jaw area for the teeth and then built the rest of the head (e.g. ears are styrene, "horns" and much of head is epoxy putty, eye stalks are plastic with styrene lids.) Even the cast mouth ended up too small, so I ended up having to do a lot of work to it in the end. Will try to post closer pics later.

The Ree Yees outfit was built out of a Dragon WWII life vest and Hasbro clothes (his sleeves are Jar Jar's pants.) Outfit was mostly parts bin scrap - the ammo canister things are PVC pipe. The boots are obviously the SSC Rebel Commando boots - I got two pairs really cheap on eBay and it was lucky because those are the same boots they used for Ree Yees in the movie.

Interestingly, Ree Yees was supposed to be Admiral Ackbar in ROTJ (the reason there were two highly articulated Ree heads made with mouth and eye movement,) but Marquand liked Calamari creature more and chose him. Maybe it's why Ree Yees has stripe-down-the-side style pants like Ackbar, and the same rebel boots Mon Calamari wear.

And to Chakaman - thanks for the inspiration. Your thread (aka the "Christmas morning thread") has been a blast to look through! You really showed what was possible.

The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (28/1) 1/6 ITT Pilot, Capt Piett, DS Commander, Ree Yees

(saved for more figs!)

Re: The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/28) 1/6 ITT Pilot, Capt Piett, DS Commande

you got a link to the vest where you got it from

Thanks so much for the comments! I'll be posting a bunch more stuff in the next week or two.

And re: Ree Yees (that typed up funny) headsculpt, I actually bought a GG Ree Yees bust to use the head but it was about 30% too small, maybe 1/7 scale. Before I re-sold it, I cast the mouth/jaw area for the teeth and then built the rest of the head (e.g. ears are styrene, "horns" and much of head is epoxy putty, eye stalks are plastic with styrene lids.) Even the cast mouth ended up too small, so I ended up having to do a lot of work to it in the end. Will try to post closer pics later.

The Ree Yees outfit was built out of a Dragon WWII life vest and Hasbro clothes (his sleeves are Jar Jar's pants.) Outfit was mostly parts bin scrap - the ammo canister things are PVC pipe. The boots are obviously the SSC Rebel Commando boots - I got two pairs really cheap on eBay and it was lucky because those are the same boots they used for Ree Yees in the movie.

Interestingly, Ree Yees was supposed to be Admiral Ackbar in ROTJ (the reason there were two highly articulated Ree heads made with mouth and eye movement,) but Marquand liked Calamari creature more and chose him. Maybe it's why Ree Yees has stripe-down-the-side style pants like Ackbar, and the same rebel boots Mon Calamari wear.

And to Chakaman - thanks for the inspiration. Your thread (aka the "Christmas morning thread") has been a blast to look through! You really showed what was possible.

Those Imperials look great. Nice work on the DST. With some work a lot of the Hasbro stuff can really look good.

I like the creativity with the ITT Driver, nicely done.

The amount of work that went into Ree-Yees really shows. I like that vest, I may have to track down one of those.

Thanks for the kinds words about my stuff. I can't take all the credit, Duane and many others have helped me over the years. I'm just a kitbasher that can paint a little. :)

I'm glad I could inspire you, keep the customs coming.

Re: The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/28) 1/6 ITT Pilot, Capt Piett, DS Commande

here is my version of ree-yees

He looks great, I really like Enaud's headsculpt, and I love the way you did the boots/gators (mine are sculpted wrinkles, so look slightly funky.) You just need to take in that "Sting in 'Dune'" collar he's got!

What's interesting is that Ree Yees sometimes does have a belt buckle in the movie, and other times he doesn't - mostly though he doesn't.

He really is a very cool looking alien, one of the best in Jabba's Palace.

Those Imperials look great. Nice work on the DST. With some work a lot of the Hasbro stuff can really look good.

I like the creativity with the ITT Driver, nicely done.

The amount of work that went into Ree-Yees really shows. I like that vest, I may have to track down one of those.

Thanks for the kinds words about my stuff. I can't take all the credit, Duane and many others have helped me over the years. I'm just a kitbasher that can paint a little. :)

I'm glad I could inspire you, keep the customs coming.

Your thread is the gold standard around here, so thanks again.

Re: The Cabinet of Dr. Talibane- (UPDATE 1/29) 1/6 Han Solo in ATST disguise

Nice work on the AT-ST Driver. The details on the helmet are fantastic. Good stuff.

On the Han/AT-ST driver, is that a modified hasbro jumpsuit? Did you make the shoulder patches?

Yeah I second Nate's questions. Give us some more details on the Han. He looks amazing.

I didn't think the Hasbro helmet could ever look so good. What did you use for the back silver piece.

Back