The Cabin in the Woods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even know who Drew Goddard was until I saw this movie.

I'm not even all that caught up on "originality" anymore. I mean what really is original anymore.

The first half of the film was a lot better than its second half. It went from a potential 8 to a solid 6/10 imo.

See, I feel the opposite. The second half was just one of the most fun moments I've seen in a horror flick recently.

I mean, I did not even see that coming. It kept building, an building, and when they did it.....perfection, IMO.

But it's clever. Like you said. Not original. Clever.

Saw it again last night and still enjoyed it as much as the first viewing. Can't wait for the Blu Ray with the Extended version and the commentary tracks.

Went to see this over the weekend and it was awesome! I had heard good things about it and the trailers looked interesting, so I really wanted to catch it in a theater. I LOVED it, one of the best horror films I've seen in a while!

The ultimate for me was getting to see
Spoiler Spoiler:
, that was so F'N awesome.

When they were
Spoiler Spoiler:
! :rock

I was excited to go see this movie, now not sure because of the polarizing mixed reviews. I'll wait for Red Box.

See below.

Saw it again last night and still enjoyed it as much as the first viewing. Can't wait for the Blu Ray with the Extended version and the commentary tracks.

Oh I didn't know there is an extended version.

Went to see this over the weekend and it was awesome! I had heard good things about it and the trailers looked interesting, so I really wanted to catch it in a theater. I LOVED it, one of the best horror films I've seen in a while!

The ultimate for me was getting to see
Spoiler Spoiler:
, that was so F'N awesome.

When they were
Spoiler Spoiler:
! :rock

:rock See Scott, Ill liked it too. You know us in RL, so you know our opinions are more valid. Don't listen to the other yahoos on here. :lol

I was excited to go see this movie, now not sure because of the polarizing mixed reviews. I'll wait for Red Box.

Don't ever be swayed by opinions on a message board one way or another when judging to see a movie. Some of the comments on here are no better than reading "Rotten Tomatoes."

This is coming from a guy who could care less about Whedon but enjoyed the movie.

I received the Official Visual Companion today in the mail. That thing is amazing. For anyone that really loved this film and wants to get into it further, and understand everything, this book is for you.

Good word of mouth took me to the theater today, and I am glad it did. Great movie. I was a little upset during the first 30 minutes, I kept thinking great another teeny horror movie ... and then the monster mash.:yess:

"Am I on speaker phone?"

Last edited:
this movie ruled...Can't wait to find out more about all the designs at the end. did anyone pick up the fangoria? I might if it's any good.

If anyone wants to know anything about anything from Cabin, let me know. I got the Visual Companion and can give you all the answers you need. That book rocks.

If anyone wants to know anything about anything from Cabin, let me know. I got the Visual Companion and can give you all the answers you need. That book rocks.

How many Joss Whedon actors were used... I did see Andrew, Fred, and the dude from Dollhouse. Did I miss anyone?

Tom Lenk - Ronald

and technically Chris Hemsworth now that he is in 2 of Whedon's movies. :)

He mentioned Tom by saying Andrew. Tom played Andrew in Buffy.

Hemsworth doesn't count. ;)

How many Joss Whedon actors were used... I did see Andrew, Fred, and the dude from Dollhouse. Did I miss anyone?

I am only currently on page 28. Lots of Q & A with Joss and Drew. Loving every minute of it! I don't think there was anyone else, but I'll have to look more into it.

Wow... cannot believe all the hate!! :horror!
Honestly, I loved it... it was refreshing, inventive and very clever... the concept alone is so outrageous it's absolutely genius!
I could tell that sacrifice was involved since the opening credits, but how they manage to make it work into a clichéd story, that's what I really enjoyed!!
Besides the last mayhem scenes are pure gold!
:yess:

Obviously not the best or ultimate horror movie ever, but a great movie nonetheless!

Back