The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was made clear that I AM NOT a collector of toys but a Middle-earth Tolkien fan who bought things because of that. I have no idea why that - in your judgment and opinion - renders my evaluation of the current figures as inferior to the ToyBiz figures. Giving my honest evaluation of what I buy and what I see should not be something I need to know the secret handshake in order to offer it.

I know what you are saying. Lord of the Rings is what got me back in the hobby (since being a child). It started with Toy Biz and then Sideshow joined in for me.

If you go back and look at the first wave of Toy Biz figures (1st Gimli, Lurtz, Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, the two packs etc) there were some things that Toy Biz greatly improved on as they made more waves. I think Bridge Direct did a fantastic job with a 1st wave. I'd like to see them grow in detail and likeness as time goes by but I am pretty pleased with them. My biggest grip is a wish the scale matched Toy Biz.

Also from the looks of it, it looks like the second wave figures have more detail and better paint (although these are the prototypes so that might change).

From TBD's Facebook page, RE: Timing of a second wave:

"Hey guys - we are working with our retail partners to confirm on shelf dates. We are hoping for summer availability but no later than October, about 8 weeks before DoS opens in theaters. Stay tuned for more details!"

I was hoping that the figures shown so far - 6" Bolg, Azog, and Radagast and the assorted 3.75" figures were going to be wave two of AUJ. Now it looks like they're going to be part of DoS?

I think TBD really needs to get a second wave out before the DoS figures hit. I mean, they mention "retail partners", but that's like, what two stores - TRU and B&N? TRU doesn't need or care about street dates, so give them the figures asap and B&N might not be in business next year, so they need the figures asap, too.

I think it is really sad when Hasbro dominates the toy aisle...while I love Star Wars, Avengers, Marvel, etc....these other movies and titles deserve some shelf space.

Gone are the good ole days of Toybiz...truly sad.

Sad thing is the end cap is full of the 6" and the smaller scale here. The first shippment dissapeared fast (probably because of me) and I think they might have gone through one more wave or so before they put up an end cap after Christmas full of them and when I went by today it looks like at most 10% have sold. Sadly I think they should pull the remaining stock and wait until the new waves ship to mix it in with them.

Hey guys these our some of the exclusives

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWeC4zXyFuM[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQTWr3I7aVY[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx19o5z6EnQ[/ame]

Anyone with some of these figs handy (and a ruler) care to tell me the dimensions on the single carded and multipack sets?? I just bought a collection of these (sans single carded gandalf and the goblin king 2 pack, 4 and 6 inch for 97 bucks total) and was hoping to keep the card somewhat nice by buying some ProTech cases for them. But I don't know that any fit this toy line.

Chris

based on this description:

Our 7″ tall Orc Commander Azog comes in a numbered, limited edition of 2,600 pieces. Azog is depicted as he appears in the prologue scene from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. In the battle between the dwarves and an army of orcs to reclaim Moria, Azog holds the severed head of the dwarf King Thror up in victory. The figure comes with interchangeable hands – the right hand that holds Thror’s head can be replaced with a hand capable of holding either his dagger or mace, and the left hand can be switched with the prosthetic spikes that replaced the hand he lost to Thorin’s sword.

This sounds like a very cool figure...BEFORE and AFTER the battle versions! Limited Edition of 2600!!

Should be a pretty cool figure. :rock I may have to get two this year. One to keep closed and one to open.

I expect that TBD will use GG again to sell their stuff at the show and they will probably sell it again through their site.

Back