The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While it's not as bad as it was with Plasma the steps required to minimize the effects are still the same as it was with Plasma which means still a pain in the arse!

Ok you finished watching tv now time to cycle your On/Off patterns.

*Christ life is tedious enough having alternate side of the street parking now I have to deal with alternate side of the image retention scanning lol

*Imagine retention problem exaggerated for comedic purposes.

Last edited:
From Zavvi, limited to 500 copies.

11552666-2344515641833692.jpg

The big discussion behind the scenes is about the burn in issues with OLED same as it was with Plasma.

While I appreciate OLED I have seen LED that look just as pleasing to my eyes as OLED does.

Geez I thought we were past that.

I don't know all the details of said discussion, but I owned a plasma for a decade and never had problems with burn in. It was an older plasma, so maybe it was because it was not packed with useless crap like a lot of TVs today.

My '08 Samsung Plasma is still going strong without any burn in, that I've noticed anyways. Could be like you said slynger...mine is also a dumb tv.

Did Best Buy stop doing store pick up on 3D releases?

Only method is shipping to home for WW 3D but the 4K can be picked up at the store.

Is that something new?

My post seems confusing. That has happened quite a bit. Like the UM steelbooks were all shipping except Creature. On Tuesday morning, I could do all as pick up. It generally has a small available pick up window before release. I do it at 6 while my coffee is heating lol.

Well I just PO Spiderman Homecoming 3D and store pick up was available (I live very close to a BB).

I guess I waited too long to order WW 3D, shipping it will have to be since store pick up is no longer an option.

Boo.

Why do I procrastinate lol

The Spidey mask edition is tempting but I think I'm gonna go digital-only from now on. If Apple will upgrade existing HD purchases to 4K, maybe they'll do the same with 8K etc.

(And I have a DRM removal tool so I won't be locked in)

Only method is shipping to home for WW 3D but the 4K can be picked up at the store.

Is that something new?

Jye, Best Buy always does that. What happens is that store pick up is closed when an individual store sells out of its preorder allocation. Then they get their shipment in, know how many actual units they received, then open up orders for store pickup again, as Doc said. They usually come up again 2:00 AM on release day.

Jye, Best Buy always does that. What happens is that store pick up is closed when an individual store sells out of its preorder allocation. Then they get their shipment in, know how many actual units they received, then open up orders for store pickup again, as Doc said. They usually come up again 2:00 AM on release day.

This is very true. I have found that I can order previously sold out items when I order around 1 a.m. The night before release.

Is that something new?

I noticed that too.
I'm looking for the Wonder Woman Steelbook Blu-Ray version and the only one that comes up is the 4K Ultra/BluRay version for $34.99 and no in store pick up is available.
They don't even have just the regular Blu Ray Steelbook version on the site for sale.
Why is that?
Is it only available on the 4K/Blu Ray 2 pack?

Back