The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Prometheus Play.com Steelbook got posted on Tuesday so hoping it will be here tomorrow.

It better be a good Steelbook...cost me £24!!!
That's because it includes the 3D version though...didn't do it in Steel with just the 2D :(

Neil

Thanks! Is Target going to get the Cinderella digibooks? My order was cancelled. :(

I just checked and it's available online. Why did they cancel my order? UGH! And they never notified me! I found it in my history.

I just re-ordered it. I have no idea what happened. At first I thought maybe it got delayed or cancelled altogether until I saw it online and it could be purchased. At least I got it for $6 cheaper than when I ordered it the first time.

Target, Best Buy and Walmart all do a continuous pre-auth on your card; as soon as the first expires, they pre-auth again, and again, etc. I didn't know this and had a couple of orders cancelled without warning by Target until I figured it out; at least Best Buy gives you a warning email before cancelling. I was using my debit card so I didn't think I needed to have the funds in there until release, after the pre-auth, but you need to leave the funds available the whole time... which to me, they should charge you and be done with it if they are going to do that. To avoid having to keep up with all my pre-orders, I just use the PayPal option at Best Buy and Target now because they do charge you up front when using PP, so it's paid for and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

So even with in-store they won't charge until release date?

See above...

Yeah I'd rather the digi. You all set for this ?

Yeah, Chien's picking one up.

PM me your addy :)

My Prometheus Play.com Steelbook got posted on Tuesday so hoping it will be here tomorrow.

It better be a good Steelbook...cost me £24!!!
That's because it includes the 3D version though...didn't do it in Steel with just the 2D :(

Neil

I've seen a couple pics of it. Looks plain. I'm glad i went with the regular 3D version. The slipcover is nice.

Target, Best Buy and Walmart all do a continuous pre-auth on your card; as soon as the first expires, they pre-auth again, and again, etc. I didn't know this and had a couple of orders cancelled without warning by Target until I figured it out; at least Best Buy gives you a warning email before cancelling. I was using my debit card so I didn't think I needed to have the funds in there until release, after the pre-auth, but you need to leave the funds available the whole time... which to me, they should charge you and be done with it if they are going to do that. To avoid having to keep up with all my pre-orders, I just use the PayPal option at Best Buy and Target now because they do charge you up front when using PP, so it's paid for and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

See above...

Actually, my credit card was fine since it's the Red Card and I can only use it at Target. I have no idea what happened. They sent me my shipping notice my re-order yesterday.

I've seen a couple pics of it. Looks plain. I'm glad i went with the regular 3D version. The slipcover is nice.

Oh Joy :monkey2

Oh well if I don't like it I can always trade it on & just get the standard 2D edition instead & pick up another Steelbook that I missed.

Oh while I have you for a sec...you don't know what all the differences are between the Sucker Punch Steelbooks do you??
I know there is the SDCC version which is pure sex & about gazillion £'s to buy now but there seems to be 2 German releases & I just wondered if there was something special about them?

Ta

Neil

See above...

Hmmm... Odd approach. Wonder if I should ju

Yeah, Chien's picking one up.

PM me your addy :)

Damn ! He beat me to it !

See above...
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73SidPwuG78[/ame]

Oh well if I don't like it I can always trade it on & just get the standard 2D edition instead & pick up another Steelbook that I missed.

Oh while I have you for a sec...you don't know what all the differences are between the Sucker Punch Steelbooks do you??
I know there is the SDCC version which is pure sex & about gazillion £'s to buy now but there seems to be 2 German releases & I just wondered if there was something special about them?

Ta

Neil

You'll miss out on all the special features by getting the 2D version, including the almost 4-hour making of doc.

I think except for the SDCC version having the soundtrack, they look to be the same.

Actor/director Clint Eastwood will be the special focus of a pair of new box sets (due Q2, sometime in mid-May), including a Clint Eastwood 40 Film DVD Collection and a Clint Eastwood 20 Film Blu-ray Collection. Details of the BD set weren’t available, but the DVD will include Where Eagles Dare, Kelly’s Heroes, Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Enforcer, The Gauntlet, Every Which Way But Loose, Bronco Billy, Any Which Way You Can, Firefox, Honkytonk Man, Sudden Impact, Tightrope, City Heat, Pale Rider, Heartbreak Ridge, The Dead Pool, Bird, Pink Cadillac, White Hunter Black Heat, The Rookie, Unforgiven, A Perfect World, The Bridges of Madison County, Absolute Power, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, True Crime, Space Cowboys, Blood Work, Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby, Letters from Iwo Jima, Gran Torino, Invictus, The Eastwood Factor documentary, Hereafter, J. Edgar, Trouble with the Curve and Eastwood: Directs: The Untold Story (an all new documentary directed by Richard Schickel).

TV and animated titles will feature in new DVD collector’s sets including Best of Warner Bros.: Superman TV Collection (May 2013 – SRP $100), Best of Warner Bros. : Hanna-Barbera 25 Cartoon Collection (May), Best of Warner Bros. : Looney Tunes 25 Cartoon Collection (July) and Best of Warner Bros. : DC Comics 25 Cartoon Collection (August). SRP on the 25 Cartoon Collections will be $26.99 each.

For Blu-ray fans, among the films that will be released for the first time ever on the format in 2013 are Mrs. Miniver, Grand Hotel and Driving Miss Daisy (already announced for release on 1/8), The Jazz Singer and Cabaret (Q1 2013), Little Caesar, Public Enemy, Petrified Forest and White Heat (Q2 – as part of an Original Gangsters Collection: Volume 2 or BD singles), House of Wax Blu-ray 3D (Q3), East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause and Giant (TBA - available as BD Book singles or together in a James Dean: Ultimate Collector’s Edition), The Big Parade (Q4), The Right Stuff: 30th Anniversary Edition (Q4) and The Best Years of Our Lives, A Star is Born (1976), Sommersby, Easter Parade, Westworld, Best in Show and The Nativity Story (all TBA).

Note that the James Dean: Ultimate Collector’s Edition will be a 9-disc set that includes all three films remastered with a trio of new documentaries (James Dean: Forever Young, James Dean: Sense Memories and James Dean: TNT Biopic), plus a book and more.

A few previously released catalog films will also be revisited during 2013. Among them are:

The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition Blu-ray box set (Q3) which includes all three films plus exclusive collectables and nearly an hour of all new material.

The Mad Max Collection (Q2) that includes Mad Max, The Road Warrior and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

The Enter the Dragon: 40th Anniversary Edition (Q2).

The complete Ocean’s Collection (Q3) including all three films plus new special features on the making of each film and the legacy of the franchise.

The Exorcist: 40th Anniversary Edition (Q3).

A Christmas Story: 30th Anniversary Edition (Q4).

Here’s an interesting one: The Wizard of Oz: 75th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray 3D (Q4)! The film will also return to theatres for the anniversary.

Note that there will also be a Contemporary Gangsters: Volume 1 set that includes Goodfellas, Heat, The Departed and The Town (Q2).

Of course, all of the film’s catalog releases on Blu-ray and DVD will be rebranded with the 90th Anniversary logo.

And finally, among the new films you can expect on Blu-ray and DVD in 2013 are The Wachowskis’ Cloud Atlas and – officially confirmed here for the first time – Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – Extended Edition (Q4). One suspects a theatrical cut will be released earlier in 2013, following the home video release pattern of the previous Lord of the Rings films. And it’s reasonable to suspect that a Blu-ray 3D version will be forthcoming as well.

Obviously there’s always the possibility of additional catalog releases as yet unannounced. But there you go: The gems of Warner’s 2013 home video release slate on Blu-ray and DVD. More specific details and cover art will follow in the weeks and months ahead.

Start saving your money, folks.

- Bill Hunt

Cagney and James Dean :panic:

Definitely picking up the E.T. digi and Prometheus. What are some of the other releases for next week?

I'm getting E.T. And Prometheus 3D next week. Amazon had it for 50% off. :yess:

The other releases will have to wait. I still have some horror movies to buy. I like to buy a couple each year to throw in the mix.

Ta

Neil

I got that at cost price, love the art but case is G1

I'm getting E.T. And Prometheus 3D next week. Amazon had it for 50% off. :yess:

The other releases will have to wait. I still have some horror movies to buy. I like to buy a couple each year to throw in the mix.

Me too! Except I'll be getting Prometheus 3D at Best Buy where it'll be $19.99 with the Upgrade coupon, and the Target E.T. steelbook which is $17.99.

Sorry Iron, this time I'm not getting the digibook. Too expensive. :(:monkey2

Back