The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November releases from Criterion Collection :rock

11304_front.jpg

Bout time.

Anyone that bought the Gladiator Blu-ray (me :dunno), the remastered version is out.
Here are some screen comparisons. Wow, what a difference!
https://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/comparison/69939/picture:0

There is an exchange program. Basically, send Paramount disc 1 of Gladiator with your name, address and phone number.
The address to send the disc is:

PHE MKT
c/o Deluxe Media Management
PO Box 801464
Valencia, CA 91380-1464

Do you send just your disc or the case as well? Sorry for the dumb questions. I've never sent one back in before.

During an interview to promote the Avatar theatrical re-release, director James Cameron also mentioned that he had just done "a complete remaster of Aliens" (included in the Alien Anthology scheduled for Blu-ray release on October 26), working with the same colorist with whom he had worked on Avatar. In what is sure to ignite some controversy, Cameron said he had completely removed all noise and grain from the extended version of the film.

The filmmaker said: "It's spectacular. We went in and completely de-noised it, de-grained it, up-rezzed, color-corrected every frame, and it looks amazing. It looks better that it looked in the theaters originally. Because it was shot on a high-speed negative that was a new negative that didn't pan out too well and got replaced the following year. So it's pretty grainy. We got rid of all the grain. It's sharper and clearer and more beautiful than it's ever looked. And we did that to the long version, to the 'director's cut' or the extended play."

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5007
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="420" height="340" id="gorillaPlayer_cs001"><param name="swliveconnect" value="true"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="https://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/xplayer/yo033.swf"><param name="flashvars" value="e=4bffc0037b3a3a49328d685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f0947d4e15d253124c7d296b9a2a5d695fdd446d15f64f11765e48e3969f68736fac4d00e01967dbf383ccf85d3b0fcebe03d34a7&width=420&height=340&pid=cs001&autostart=false&allowscriptaccess=always&usefullscreen=true"><embed src="https://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/xplayer/yo033.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="gorillaPlayer_cs001"width="420" height="340" allowscriptaccess="always" swliveconnect="true" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="e=4bffc0037b3a3a49328d685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f0947d4e15d253124c7d296b9a2a5d695fdd446d15f64f11765e48e3969f68736fac4d00e01967dbf383ccf85d3b0fcebe03d34a7&width=420&height=340&pid=cs001&autostart=false&allowscriptaccess=always&usefullscreen=true&esnapshot=4bffc0037b3a3a493b90685cccfc7c21cc002973d57a44951a38fddf065f5c696a66be9b89ee2d2f094ccde2702233248cc2a6b5afbdd088f1de4cd0586fe15d6ea5d87835adc773b1dfd903068178a326798fcd&trueurl=https://www.blu-ray.com/news/"></embed></object>

Do you send just your disc or the case as well? Sorry for the dumb questions. I've never sent one back in before.

You just send the disc along with your name and address. They say it takes 3-4 weeks for the replacement disc to arrive.

Or can we just buy it at the store? I haven't seen any new Gladiator blu-rays at my local Wal-Mart or Target...

I think you can but Paramount have shipped them along with the one that's crap so you have to look for them among the copies. One of the ways to tell, i think, is on the back in the bottom where it said "2-disc set" on the old one, it doesnt say it on the new one. It also has a different UPC code and the barcode area is yellow, i think.

You can try and look at the Gladiator thread at blu-ray.com
https://www.blu-ray.com/

Any whisperings of a blu ray Toy Story collection box set 1, 2 & 3?

I have been holding off getting 1 and 2 because i was hoping we may get some sort of special box set :(

Any whisperings of a blu ray Toy Story collection box set 1, 2 & 3?

I have been holding off getting 1 and 2 because i was hoping we may get some sort of special box set :(

There's gonna be a Trilogy box and i hear that Toy Story 3 will also get a gif-set but so far there hasnt been any specs or cover art for them. I think wallmart has the trilogy up for pre-order.

There's gonna be a Trilogy box and i hear that Toy Story 3 will also get a gif-set but so far there hasnt been any specs or cover art for them. I think wallmart has the trilogy up for pre-order.

awesome thanks buddy knew i could trust in you the dvd oricle :wink1:

i will hold off buying then, so pleased we will get a trilogy box set :yess:

Nope. I didnt expect it. The previous years they've released 2-3 Pixar movies a year and we already got Toy Story 1 & 2 this year. I'm Guessing Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are next year along with Cars 2.

Where did you hear we aren't getting it this year? I ask because I can find any info, and blu-ray digets still has it listed for November 9th, with Toy Story 3 hitting with Mater's Tall Tales the week before on November 2.

awesome thanks buddy knew i could trust in you the dvd oricle :wink1:

i will hold off buying then, so pleased we will get a trilogy box set :yess:

:duff

Where did you hear we aren't getting it this year? I ask because I can find any info, and blu-ray digets still has it listed for November 9th, with Toy Story 3 hitting with Mater's Tall Tales the week before on November 2.

Disney had a press release Friday where they announced that Toy Story 3 and Mater's Tall Tales are coming. It was rumored for awhile that maybe Toy Story 3 and Finding Nemo in November.
It's also up at blu-ray.com but there's no cover art, no specs, it says November 2009 and it's not on the release calendar. And Amazon doesnt have it up for pre-order so i don't think it's gonna be this year.

That news about Aliens has me nervous now. :panic:

I'm a little nervous too but Cameron has overseen it all so hopefully it's not Predator quality and they did make it look amazing. But i guess we won't find out until sometime in October when the reviews start rolling in.
Wasnt it mentioned not too long ago that someone else had seen some of the finished work and said it looked great also?

I think you can but Paramount have shipped them along with the one that's crap so you have to look for them among the copies. One of the ways to tell, i think, is on the back in the bottom where it said "2-disc set" on the old one, it doesnt say it on the new one. It also has a different UPC code and the barcode area is yellow, i think.

You can try and look at the Gladiator thread at blu-ray.com
https://www.blu-ray.com/

Thanks Iron. After the bad press about the first release, I didn't get Gladiator. I wanted to wait for a better release. I'll see if I can find one without the "2-Disc Set" on the back this week and pick it up.

That news about Aliens has me nervous now. :panic:

You know, I've never seen the Alien movies. :monkey1

After he has squeezed these until he can't make any more money from them, then he'll come out with the originals as they were first released.

:exactly:
Highlander and Highlander 2 are coming to Blu-ray on November 2nd.

:yess:

I love the Mater shorts, but I hope I can find a great price on it.

:exactly:

No idea, but I'm hopeful Cameron won't ____ up his work.

This is all we ask of the man.

You know, I've never seen the Alien movies. :monkey1

:horror:horror

Back