The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I didn't have a steelbook of The First Avenger, and it being the only one I don't have on digital, I broke down and bought the 4K steelbook. It's also my favorite of the CA movies.

The other 2 I have steelbooks of, and honestly, I think the CW steelbook looks better, so I think I'll wait till black Friday to purchase the regular 4K of the other 2.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It definitely warrants a lot of patience but the last few years I’ve made a killing on Black Friday sales same will apply for 4K upgrades it’s not like I don’t own the movies already so no rush (pun intended lol) but EG hell to the no day one purchase

Absolutely, I've really started wondering why I don't just purchase everything on black Friday.

Well for starters it just doesn’t take patience it actually takes quite a high level of patience to resort buying movies in just a one time event and then the movie you waited for doesn’t make the BF list yikes!

Collectibles I can see as a once or twice a year event just because of the high cost involved but theoretically movies even at 25 to 30 bucks are simple disposable purchases so something big like EG I won’t wait but for upgrades I will.

I don’t need a 4K Fright Night today if I already own the HD version that can wait but also take into consideration what Wor just said which is get them when you can that will become more true as time passes on, sadly.

Absolutely, I've really started wondering why I don't just purchase everything on black Friday.

I’m by no means filthy rich. I do alright and live comfortably, but I also love saving a buck or two.

Having said that, to piggy back on Kev’s example, I purchased Spider-Man: Homecoming in SteelBook with 4K for $33.91 in October 2017. So I paid about $25 more than Kev did. However, I got to enjoy it (in my possession) 13 months before he did. If we divided $25 by 13 months, that’s $1.92 a month. On the surface $25 seems like a lot saved...but when you think about it monthly, not much (now if I had the discipline to put that money in savings... :lol)

Not saying one way is better than the other, just saying this is the way for me (also not picking on you, Kev).

Well for starters it just doesn’t take patience it actually takes quite a high level of patience to resort buying movies in just a one time event and then the movie you waited for doesn’t make the BF list yikes!

Collectibles I can see as a once or twice a year event just because of the high cost involved but theoretically movies even at 25 to 30 bucks are simple disposable purchases so something big like EG I won’t wait but for upgrades I will.

I don’t need a 4K Fright Night today if I already own the HD version that can wait but also take into consideration what Wor just said which is get them when you can that will become more true as time passes on, sadly.
I don't wait for 3D, cause I know it's likely to be gone soon after it comes out. But last year I double-dipped a few times, bought 3D and then 4K, only to see 4K for next to nothing on black Friday.

I’m by no means filthy rich. I do alright and live comfortably, but I also love saving a buck or two.

Having said that, to piggy back on Kev’s example, I purchased Spider-Man: Homecoming in SteelBook with 4K for $33.91 in October 2017. So I paid about $25 more than Kev did. However, I got to enjoy it (in my possession) 13 months before he did. If we divided $25 by 13 months, that’s $1.92 a month. On the surface $25 seems like a lot saved...but when you think about it monthly, not much (now if I had the discipline to put that money in savings... [emoji38])

Not saying one way is better than the other, just saying this is the way for me (also not picking on you, Kev).
Last black Friday I picked up somewhere around 12 or 13 movies, so for me, I feel like the savings are pretty significant. Then there's the burn of seeing the item you bought a month later on Netflix.

Also, while I get the whole "physical media is dying" thing, I don't think it will completely go away, for the same reason you can still go out and buy a CD of your favorite band.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

I’m doing what Rush is doing.

I’m sure MCU movies will be a big part of Black Friday as will Aquaman I still need that lol
Aquaman 3D is amazing on 3D, only reason I bought it.

Surprised you didn't pick that one up, Jye.

Last edited:

Having said that, to piggy back on Kev’s example, I purchased Spider-Man: Homecoming in SteelBook with 4K for $33.91 in October 2017. So I paid about $25 more than Kev did. However, I got to enjoy it (in my possession) 13 months before he did. If we divided $25 by 13 months, that’s $1.92 a month. On the surface $25 seems like a lot saved...but when you think about it monthly, not much (now if I had the discipline to put that money in savings... :lol)

Yes you totally got your money's worth with Homecoming and if it was a SW or Avengers flick then I would have also bought it Day One and gotten my money's worth. But since I knew I'd mostly likely watch it maybe once and be good for a while there wasn't any reason for me to pay full price. In fact since buying it last Black Friday for cheap I *still* haven't watched it, lol.

:lol :lol :lol

I finally bought Aquaman....yayyyy....I think lol

All I know is you haven’t lived until you have watched Avengers 1, Winter Soldier and Civil War all in 3D at home.

Simply glorious.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

I finally bought Aquaman....yayyyy....I think lol

All I know is you haven’t lived until you have watched Avengers 1, Winter Soldier and Civil War all in 3D at home.

Simply glorious.
I have all of those, and sadly ive only watched 1 at home. Maybe I need a 3D Cap weekend.

Back