The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still content with my 6S. Plus, seeing as there's no headphone jack on the 7, I'm hoping Apple will pull a Moto Z and put it back in a future model. I'm not shelling out for bluetooth headphones or getting a bunch of adapters (planned obselence quality = lots of $$ down the drain over the life of the phone!) when I have a pair of perfectly good Grados.

I don't even use the headphones, I don't need an ugly jack being there

Aren't they coming with wired headphones that plug into the lighting connection? the wireless ones aren't a needs must to use headphones.

Considering the last upgrade I did was an IPhone 5..I think it's time to get the iphone 7

Yeah, my four year old iPhone 5 is going to be retired.

Aren't they coming with wired headphones that plug into the lighting connection? the wireless ones aren't a needs must to use headphones.

Yup. Plus, people will be losing one side of the wireless ones left and right (no pun intended, but that worked out pretty well, LOL).

I don't even use the headphones, I don't need an ugly jack being there

Well, it's on the bottom of the phone and pretty well out of sight. And just because you don't use the headphone jack, doesn't mean the option shouldn't be there for everyone else who still uses wired headphones.

Well, it's on the bottom of the phone and pretty well out of sight. And just because you don't use the headphone jack, doesn't mean the option shouldn't be there for everyone else who still uses wired headphones.

They're still making wired headphones, it just has a different plug...actually, you don't even have to use the new set, there will be adapters for the old headphones

I'm just glad they got rid of Bluetooth earpieces ..hated those things hopefully these new earphones are great

Think I'll wait till Oct to get the 7 plus. My 5 is still in excellent condition, besides they always sell out the first few release weeks anyway and I want to go to my carrier to see what deals they can give me

They're still making wired headphones, it just has a different plug...actually, you don't even have to use the new set, there will be adapters for the old headphones

True. Still, if I'm using the adapter every day, and most of the day (I work in VFX; my headphones are pretty much always on), I'll be replacing the adapter every few months. :( Not to be a debbie downer or anything, of course; I just feel like if Apple really wanted to do something groundbreaking with this phone, they should've squeezed in more technology around the preexisting stuff, not remove something entirely, and something that a lot of people use. That seems more like simple compensation and a feigning of improvement to me.

True. Still, if I'm using the adapter every day, and most of the day (I work in VFX; my headphones are pretty much always on), I'll be replacing the adapter every few months. :( Not to be a debbie downer or anything, of course; I just feel like if Apple really wanted to do something groundbreaking with this phone, they should've squeezed in more technology around the preexisting stuff, not remove something entirely, and something that a lot of people use. That seems more like simple compensation and a feigning of improvement to me.

No matter how many times that adapter fails you, Apple will replace it for free as long as you are within your limited 1 year applecare warranty period (double that if you buy apple care +). I seriously can't count the number of times I've replaced earphones and lighting cables (I get new iPhones every year, since they came out) and the number of accessories I have beaten to hell and back (normal use) and get replacements.

Even when my screen broke, Apple simply replaced the damn phone. No questions. YMMV, of course, but I just love how they treat customers.

I seriously don't know how Samsung (or other phones) owners do it when they have problems or shattered screens. I keep hearing about these "insurance" programs they enroll in that are a complete ripoff.

I'm getting the 7+ 256 GB in Jet Black, that camera is boss. I already have a buyer lined up in Brazil waiting for my 6S+ 128 GB to be shipped. I'll be roughly $100-150 out of pocket when it's all said and done. The way iPhones retain their values never ceases to amaze me.

Holy hell, I didn't even know they offered a 256 GB version. Was this new for the 7?

Ordered Jet "Mutha Effing Sexy" Black 128 GB iPhone 7.

EDIT: Cancelled and reordered in favor of the 256 GB version.

Last edited:
My unlocked (t-mobile) jet black 256GB won't ship until the beginning of October and I preordered it at 12:05. Jesus.

My girl's gold (+) ships on release day.

Seems that Jet Black is all the rage, but there's a fine print that it scratches to hell easily. Don't use plastic cases.

My unlocked (t-mobile) jet black 256GB won't ship until the beginning of October and I preordered it at 12:05. Jesus.

My girl's gold (+) ships on release day.

Seems that Jet Black is all the rage, but there's a fine print that it scratches to hell easily. Don't use plastic cases.

I have Verizon and have to wait until the 28th

Okay iPhone experts, a question for you.

Is it possible to have my phone on soundless and still have it ring (with sound) only if one certain contact is calling.

Okay iPhone experts, a question for you.

Is it possible to have my phone on soundless and still have it ring (with sound) only if one certain contact is calling.

That would be the "Do Not Disturb" setting. Only numbers you choose will be allowed to ring in that setting.

Does anyone have an iPhone 5S or SE they want to sell (me) at a reasonable price?

How about a Macbook Pro 2012 or later? I need one of these to install 10.12 for testing.

Back