The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Genetics are a mystery. :dunno

1tt8BgO.jpg

There's our "Twins" sequel right there, lol.

That's a really great point. For this concept to have any semblance of relevance today it really needs a vast overhaul from the ground up for any future stories, which is what the original Matrix successfully did. Continuing to have Skynet/Legion/whatever keep the same tactics of sending out human-sized foot soldiers makes absolutely no sense other than blind devotion to the 80's aesthetic. I guess Skynet is nostalgic too, lol.

Like you said best to not even bother and instead just give the series a much needed final rest.

Every time they announce a new movie, I am always hoping for another 'T2' level movie. Always. I say give it 10 years, and come back with a very different take. Question is: if it's that different, would it even be a 'Terminator' movie? But, the damage is done with all these mediocre sequels/reboots. It bums me out a tad. But, we shall always have T1 and T2 (and T3 for some).

We came close with Terminator: Salvation. But, they made two mistakes with the story, IMO. 1. Human resistance was way too organized and not nearly desperate enough. Granted the first movie they are less desperate, second morso, and by third, pretty much what we saw in T1 and T2 flashbacks. But, I feel that even with the first movie, they should already have been in serious trouble. 2. Movie was a bit miscast. Sam Worthington wasn't right for the role, again IMO. But, having another protagonist type character that is also a Terminator just seemed too similar to Ahnuld being the good guy Terminator in T2 and T3. They should have reworked the character completely. I heard McG had flirted with the idea of John Connor being a terminator in the new trilogy, but clearly Genisys proved that was a bit much. And had heard that had movie 2 happened, it would have involved time traveling to the past. Why? Just stay in the 'present.' I did love a lot of the Terminator designs for Salvation, though. My first Hot Toys figures ever were from Salvation

Last edited:
Watched one of the few DVD's still left in my collection last night and that was the 2003 MGM Special Edition of T1.

20200414_122531.jpg

Man it's hard to believe that it's been 17 years now since the last release of the original theatrical mono track. The original sound effects are just too much a part of my DNA to accept the remastered junk but man hearing those proper gun blasts takes me back to 1984 every time.

Soundtrack reimagining tends to get a pass and I am ok with it as long as the original is preserved but there is always that battle of licensing and disc space to contend with and then sometimes just gross oversight and laziness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the most part I tend not to mind audio upgrades either but for me the remastering of JAWS and Terminator just change too much of the experience IMO. Those original mono tracks are as iconic as any other aspect of those two particular films so hopefully JAWS 4K is sure to include it when it releases this year.

I have the latest Terminator blu-ray but with modern upscaling even the DVD is still acceptable just to get the correct audio.

Why does it always happen to the movies where the audio was actually a core part of the character. :gah:

Lets keep the audio the same on Trank Fantastic Four BUT lets screw around with the audio on Good Bad Ugly and Terminator. :slap

Why does it always happen to the movies where the audio was actually a core part of the character. :gah:

Lets keep the audio the same on Trank Fantastic Four BUT lets screw around with the audio on Good Bad Ugly and Terminator. :slap

Seriously! It's so ass backwards when it comes to so many releases.

JAWS' Academy Award winning sound? Get rid of it!
Basket Case's original 16mm negative? Scan it in 4K! :gah:

If you want to cry just go to YouTube where they do the audio comparisons between mono and remastered JAWS. It's painful.

And for Terminator I just can't allow the BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM of him killing the first Sarah Connor to turn into pew pew pew pew. I hate it, lol.

The police station sounds all wrong too and it no longer has that familiar bullet ricochet sound going off when he's frying the power box to kill the lights. I know they just pulled that sound from old cowboy movies or whatever but every time I watch that scene I anticipate the ricochet, I need the freaking ricochet, lol.

I'd prefer if Hot Toys used movie posters on their figure boxes in most cases, instead of a picture of the figure.

And while I'm at it I'll say I'd prefer if movie studios used movie posters on their DVD cases instead of pictures of action figures such as one of the releases of Predator which I think used a pic of the old Hot Toys figure as its cover.

Or indeed I'd prefer movie posters to use original art instead of pictures of action figures - didn't a TROS poster use the Hot Toys Emperor?

I'd prefer if Hot Toys used movie posters on their figure boxes in most cases, instead of a picture of the figure.
so that everybody who is too old to remember what a movie character looked like would say "what's that crap you made" and refused buying? no, it's better to rely on ignorance.

The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Too bad I suck at fighting games.

But play me on BF3 or BF4 and i?ll mow your ass down lol

Terminator was totally emasculated by Robocop holy crap.

Last edited:
The combos against RoboCop actually really bothered me thanks to his horrible groans it made me think of the movie lol

Robocop's finishing move is shooting people in the d I c k. :lol

His brutality also involves d I c k shooting.

I get the reference, but an additional melted man finishing move would have been savage.

Robocop would get his ass handed to him against a real Terminator. The human components are his literal weakeness.

I haven't played a Mortal Kombat since the original was in arcades. Never lost $.50 faster in my life. This one tempts me, but suspect I would be lost as hell. Looks like incredible, goofy fun.

For anyone that does play this game: are the combos a beyotch to learn?

Back