The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is true...than I don't know what to say. Sounds like a bad fan fiction. Congrats to make the first two movies meaningless if this is true and if it is...it just shows that Cameron does not care anymore at all.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16466788&postcount=2895

Spoiler Spoiler:

Man once this was a great great franchise with huge potential. I remember when I waited for T3 and it was a disappointment. And from there everything just went downhill...and nobody got the future war...A third movie in 2029 by Cameron. And somehow these guys in Hollywood just don't get it. They managed to fail 3 times already...big time...and now this will be the 4. with zero creativity basically. You can tell this just by looking at the trailer. If this fails...I don't think we will ever get a chance to have something worthwhile or simply a movie at all anymore.

The funny part is in the comics and even games...they managed to write and capture what lots of people wanted to see after the second movie.
I thought I do not care anymore after 3 failures , but I hoped inside maybe this one will make a miracle. I am 34 and still...it is sad to see this story butchered by hacks over and over again...and it looks like in some way that includes the original creator too...since he has the rights and he is still letting them do this movie.

The only thing which can work a 10 part HBO series set in the original timeline in the future. But I do not see this happening.

Edit: Reviews are getting removed from Reddit and similar sites...so it looks like a legit thing.

Last edited:
OK, since we're so accustomed now to being ****ed by this franchise I read that. Yeah, major spoilers for anyone who still wants to be surprised.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh, and how could I forget

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thinking more about it

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thinking more about it

Spoiler Spoiler:

And by one that looks just like Uncle Bob no less.

The whole thing sounds stupid, which leads me to believe that it’s probably true. If I’m skynet, why stop at sending just ONE T-800 back to 1984 and ONE T-1000 back to 1995, then another T-800 to 1995. This movies sounds like the antithesis of T2 just like Genisys was the antithesis of T1.

Just spam Terminators bro. One for every year that Sarah and John age.

As corny as T2’s original unused ending was, it was a good end to the franchise. Much better than the 4 turds that followed. “Tie me grandma, Tie me” and John somehow being a senator is better than everything that’s followed.

And by one that looks just like Uncle Bob no less.

The whole thing sounds stupid, which leads me to believe that it’s probably true. If I’m skynet, why stop at sending just ONE T-800 back to 1984 and ONE T-1000 back to 1995, then another T-800 to 1995. This movies sounds like the antithesis of T2 just like Genisys was the antithesis of T1.

Just spam Terminators bro. One for every year that Sarah and John age.

As corny as T2’s original unused ending was, it was a good end to the franchise. Much better than the 4 turds that followed. “Tie me grandma, Tie me” and John somehow being a senator is better than everything that’s followed.

Frustrating isn't it.

They've got 3 options:

1) Do the proper future war - a movie length version of Cameron's original T2 beginning
2) Do nothing, leave it all well alone, accept this franchise as a two-film arc
3) Introduce yet more time travelling head-****ery with bonus Terminators we didn't previously know about

They go with option 3. :banghead

I don’t even care about a future war movie anymore. It’s too late for that. All these guys that worked on the original two are either too old or dead.

Would have been cool if back in 1990, there was like a three hour cut of Terminator 2 that had that original prologue opening in the future, but that just wasn’t a feasible option for blockbuster movies back then. They couldn’t even have the extended scenes they actually intended for the film due to running time. So a huge set piece like a future war with tons of special effects that takes up the first 20 mins of the film? Fat chance.

The artwork, scripts, illustrations, storyboards and our imaginations are better than anything these filmmakers could come up with today anyway.

Very true. A trilogy could have ended with Kyle and John in the future fighting together and the movie ending with everything ending for Skynet and Kyle and the terminators being sent back in time. Perfect loop so that nothing else came out afterwards. Nothing to water the story down anymore. Imagine the movie with Biehn back as Kyle in 93.

Well we all knew it was going to be garbage so no surprise :lol. Not one bit of that sounds cool.

Remember the T2-3D ride where Cameron had Uncle Bob telling John "come on, let's bust a move" before later facing the T-One Million? I don't know that we would have *ever* gotten a good third film, no matter when it was made or how involved Cameron was.

I think he wrote T2 to be the true finale and never had any other great ideas about what to do next. Which is fine of course, nothing wrong with a great story that ends after one or two films. It's just a pity that the whole franchise had to be dragged so severely through the mud for so many years.

T2:3D show is amazing. Better than any of the the sequels that came after it. I wish that was the real t3.

I find it to be hilarious that Cameron and the studio have decided to place blame and single out John Connor as the reason for the last 3 movies bombing.

Pro: Film is watchable and will kill time until the Mandalorian is out. We'll get a new HT Arnold.

Cons: Film is watchable. But it should be ****ing good after all the rivers of diarrhoea we've had to wade through.

I don’t even care about a future war movie anymore. It’s too late for that. All these guys that worked on the original two are either too old or dead.

Would have been cool if back in 1990, there was like a three hour cut of Terminator 2 that had that original prologue opening in the future, but that just wasn’t a feasible option for blockbuster movies back then. They couldn’t even have the extended scenes they actually intended for the film due to running time. So a huge set piece like a future war with tons of special effects that takes up the first 20 mins of the film? Fat chance.

The artwork, scripts, illustrations, storyboards and our imaginations are better than anything these filmmakers could come up with today anyway.

Very true. A trilogy could have ended with Kyle and John in the future fighting together and the movie ending with everything ending for Skynet and Kyle and the terminators being sent back in time. Perfect loop so that nothing else came out afterwards. Nothing to water the story down anymore. Imagine the movie with Biehn back as Kyle in 93.

Yes to you both. They missed the window for one last worthwhile Terminator movie.

At least with this, if/when it fails to find an audience just like the others, Terminator will finally be allowed to rest in peace. If a Cameron-proclaimed ''real Terminator 3'' fails I don't think they'll make any further attempts.

Remember the T2-3D ride where Cameron had Uncle Bob telling John "come on, let's bust a move" before later facing the T-One Million? I don't know that we would have *ever* gotten a good third film, no matter when it was made or how involved Cameron was.

I think he wrote T2 to be the true finale and never had any other great ideas about what to do next. Which is fine of course, nothing wrong with a great story that ends after one or two films. It's just a pity that the whole franchise had to be dragged so severely through the mud for so many years.

I find it to be hilarious that Cameron and the studio have decided to place blame and single out John Connor as the reason for the last 3 movies bombing.

Did you guys read those leaks?

Back