The 5 Year Anniversary of ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General Grievous was the only one that I've ever gravitated to in that snore of a movie! Just not enough screen time of him killing Jedi scums, though!:emperor

Bestest design of a character forever and ever. Amen!:drool:rock
800px-The_General.jpg

CORRECT!!! I Am With You 100% The Character Design Was Amazing!!

I'll agree with the "reboot" but let's not forget it's a reboot/redo of the franchise (the original wasn't so good and there was no excuse as that was post- Star Wars :lol). Someone would need to reboot/redo Star Wars (ANH) for a fair comparison. As for Wrath, I didn't like that movie. Still trying to figure out who the bigger overactor in that flick was, Ricardo or William. :lol

I think it's the tone of the 09 Trek that was missing from the SW prequels, felt to me like it was directly inspired by retro SF which was the point of SW in the first place - and it was fun.... I don't know if anyone could say that the prequels were as fun as the OT.
I enjoyed some parts of all 3 prequels - but you can't go back to how you felt as a kid watching the OT, that was the best.

I think it's the tone of the 09 Trek that was missing from the SW prequels, felt to me like it was directly inspired by retro SF which was the point of SW in the first place - and it was fun.... I don't know if anyone could say that the prequels were as fun as the OT.
I enjoyed some parts of all 3 prequels - but you can't go back to how you felt as a kid watching the OT, that was the best.

That's so true... I remember watching that first scene in ANH when I was 4 with my dad... I can still vaguely remember asking my father "who the good guys were, and which ones were the bad guys"

Fond memories indeed... in fact, one of the only remaining memories I have of the time before I was, probably at least 9 years old or so...

OH yeah, and welcome to SSF smlwdrdg!

:fireworks :welcome :fireworks

:welcome1:

Well , i think that we expected too much of this movie , to mend the TFM and AOTC , the film had to be big ,and it was in it's own way. I saw the movie two times in the same day , and left the theater satisfied with the movie and the end of the story, I admit that it was a great day.

GREAT contribution to the thread.

What more can be said about this turd, though. Sure I could go on a ten page rant about it, but it would be given as much consideration as my previous post, so that is much more worthwhile.

Empire is my favorite. I cant wait for all of these to come out on BluRay with all the extra stuff.

DJ

Random question but when Anakin/Obi are dueling Count Dooku the Emperor makes a noise while they are dueling right before Dooku pulls the metal walkway down on Obi. I read the book but can't remember was this a signal for Dooku to do this to anger Anakin with Obi being injured, etc. or did he just have the hick-ups?

I think it was poor editing! Me and my buddy always make fun of that sound. Overall on topic I love ROTS. Sure, things could be better (Its no ANH or Empire) but I like it more than ROTJ and the "other two". It was a fun ride at the beginning and once Obi-Wan leaves for Utapau the movie from that point on is great. My favorite scene is still Obi-Wan visiting Padme telling her of Anakins' dark deeds. Acting was great in that scene and really made me care for what they were both going through. Then that leads into my favorite image in the movie, Anakin looking onto Mustafar with perfect John Williams music. Scene still gives me the chills. I wish Lucas could have had scenes like that in TPM or AOTC. I might have gave a ____ about what was going on.

I think it was poor editing! Me and my buddy always make fun of that sound. Overall on topic I love ROTS. Sure, things could be better (Its no ANH or Empire) but I like it more than ROTJ and the "other two". It was a fun ride at the beginning and once Obi-Wan leaves for Utapau the movie from that point on is great. My favorite scene is still Obi-Wan visiting Padme telling her of Anakins' dark deeds. Acting was great in that scene and really made me care for what they were both going through. Then that leads into my favorite image in the movie, Anakin looking onto Mustafar with perfect John Williams music. Scene still gives me the chills. I wish Lucas could have had scenes like that in TPM or AOTC. I might have gave a ____ about what was going on.

Yeah, I didn't like TPM that much, AOTC was pretty good IMO (I know there are people here who would be willing to kill to prove me wrong, but hey, it's my opinion! :D), but neither of them had any sort of depth to them, not the way ANH did.... I think ROTS had a little bit of that, very emotional...

And John Williams should get a big shiny medal, his music is awesome!! :rock

Back