Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, I got this piece for less than $120 with a broken shield at the Seattle Comicon. Even with the cracked shield this is one of my favorite pieces.

My wife glued it back together and repainted the shield so you can't really tell it was ever damaged. I know that this dio probably won't make huge leaps in value, but I really feel that it is a masterpiece.

If you have the chance to get a cheap one on the secondary market, I would not hesitate.
I think that's a splendid idea. What a deal you got. Great find!
This _____ is coming, you mother____ers better get it right, else I'm coming to CALI!!!!
Oh, your second 1/5 scale piece? :D
Congrats, brother!:rock

anyone got 10% discount? my was charged in full and the reward point doesnt show up too

anyone got 10% discount? my was charged in full and the reward point doesnt show up too

I got the correct discount, but the points haven't shown up. I'm pretty sure it's something like 30-40 days after you receive it before the points show up.

Sideshow told us that since they had to hand inspect each thanos here in the states, that the boxes got wear and tear on them. They offered us a 10% refund of the price and said it was that or we cancel the orders, getting a minty box was not an option.

Sideshow told us that since they had to hand inspect each thanos here in the states, that the boxes got wear and tear on them. They offered us a 10% refund of the price and said it was that or we cancel the orders, getting a minty box was not an option.
Not so sure I got that email. I'll have to look for it. Still not sure I'm keeping mine.

They aren't saying anything is wrong with the statue, they are saying since they had to re-open each one stateside to make sure they were good, that the boxes had some wear and tear from being opened after the factories sealed them shut. Thats why they offered the 10% discount. The guy also said taking the 10% wouldn't make you lose the reward points on the full amount.

Not so sure I got that email. I'll have to look for it. Still not sure I'm keeping mine.

Don't do it Barbarian! I am going through hell trying to get this piece; & that's because I reserved way in advance, paid a deposit, & my USA supplier is having problems fulfilling all outstanding orders!!!!????:dunno:slap:gah: You're in brother, your in. Take it & run, cause to cancel would be a huge regret down the road. Just my two cents.

Don't do it Barbarian! I am going through hell trying to get this piece; & that's because I reserved way in advance, paid a deposit, & my USA supplier is having problems fulfilling all outstanding orders!!!!????:dunno:slap:gah: You're in brother, your in. Take it & run, cause to cancel would be a huge regret down the road. Just my two cents.

I tend to agree, I think getting one later is a huge gamble, because at least right now you can get replacements at sideshow. The further away it gets the better the chance they will have no back stock to replace with.

I do want to keep. I don't think I ever got that 10% discount email. I looked everywhere for it and found nada. Just like they never sent me the early shipping info for DD. Those mofos are out to get me, man! :mad:

I'm leaning more towards keeping it though, for sure.

I do want to keep. I don't think I ever got that 10% discount email. I looked everywhere for it and found nada. Just like they never sent me the early shipping info for DD. Those mofos are out to get me, man! :mad:

I'm leaning more towards keeping it though, for sure.

I got that discount, and my box was ok......:cuckoo:
well, I accept that then haha..

Here's hoping you get a minty Dio Barb. You waited long enough for it.
Yeah, no ____!!! Thanks, brother. When did this mofo ship even. I've grown so many years older since then, my memory is fading.
I have mine coming on the 27th but no discount, so I just e-mailed them and told them to bow :bow and kneel before Ski :lecture
You're not the only one. A member over as SF didn't get it either. I'm sure they'll take care of you. At least, they'd ____ing better!!! Damn non-discount-giving bastards. :mad:

My replacement Thanos and MD arrived this morning. Thankfully, it arrived in one piece with the same styrofoam cutout around Cap's shield. Base was covered in that white powder, but after cleaning it off the gauntlet lights up. There is a tiny chip on one of Thanos' boots, but it is barely noticeable when assembled. I can't see sending this back over a tiny defect. Looks like this 6+ month odyssey is finally coming to an end. :yess:

Box had some minor wear and tear but I did get a lower number (#15) and the 10% discount so overall I am happy. I'll post some pics tonight.

Back