Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need some real or faux gems for the Gauntlet.

i used photoshop to measure Thanos (with the base) and I got about 25" tall using the apple as reference. Mistress is about 18".

But that cant be right. The apple is 5" with stem and from the ground to Thanos' head, its 5 apples.

Someone please check. If this is true... then its WORTH the money.

thanossizeref.jpg

I'm still really adamant that the face is all wrong, but the sculpt from the neck down is fantastic. If the face doesn't grow on me, it may be enough to be happy with my Bowen.

N DA FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N DA FACE!!!!!!!!!.............

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mgOXfMKFhy8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mgOXfMKFhy8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

I was just watching this movie on HBO!!!

Well, Im in...this is one bad @ss piece...If can drop $260 for Punisher, I can definitely drop $360 for Thanos and MD...

Finally got around to viewing the pics for this piece, and I'm floored. Like some other people I also don't really care for the demonic smile, but this is still soooo a must have. Now I'm really glad that I decided to not pick up Bowen's Mistress Death.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has considered this, but is it possible that the aforementioned Thanos comiquette is this dio? Maybe it was going to be just Thanos at first, but then SS decided to add on MD and call it a dio. It would explain why it's 2 separate pieces, and it's apparently almost (if not actual) comiquette size.

One more thing:

I'm really surprised that this isn't a PPO. Hope I snag an Ex. because it's that or fail.

Finally got around to viewing the pics for this piece, and I'm floored. Like some other people I also don't really care for the demonic smile, but this is still soooo a must have. Now I'm really glad that I decided to not pick up Bowen's Mistress Death.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has considered this, but is it possible that the aforementioned Thanos comiquette is this dio? Maybe it was going to be just Thanos at first, but then SS decided to add on MD and call it a dio. It would explain why it's 2 separate pieces, and it's apparently almost (if not actual) comiquette size.

Yup, I would say you are correct. With the price of the piece it definately seems like a comiquette turned dio. Its absolutely amazing, but it doesnt really have a dio look, in that Thanos is a stand alone statue as is Mistress Death. If it were a true dio it would have some interaction between the characters IMO.

someone said that on SS facebook or twitter account that their is still a comiquette in the works.

thanos is in the background tho, n the apple is positioned in the foreground, so he may actually be taller than 5 apples?
slap me if I'm silly....:D
still even at 4 apples tall, gonna be a pretty big diorama.
anyone has any newer diorama : apple scale?
eg. the ironman vs namor?

Like many others I was hoping the exclusive would be a light up Infinity Gauntlet, but I figured the Mistress Death switch out head was going to be the easier option. Maybe if they are doing the comiquette, the light up will be the exclusive there.

Would love a 2nd hand for the pose. Always loved the scene in the book where Thanos walks out to the edge to the asteroid he's on and snaps his fingers and half of the living beings in the universe just disappear. Something about that was always just so cool to me.

Really looking forward to this piece!

Daik, the average apple is probably around 3 inches in height. In the photo, the apple is side by side with Death, so it should be the same 'size perspective' as Death. As you can see, Death is going to be at least 12 inches in height, head to toe (not including the base).

Now, you can't actually use the apple as a direct measurement comparison for Thanos because he is further from the camera lens than the apple. Thanos is going to look smaller in the photo than he should, since he is further away. Correcting for the 'size perspective' Thanos should be taller than 6 apples, which will put him at 19 to 20 inches. Thanos' base is much taller than the apple, so you could say 4 inches for the base and that would leave Thanos at around 16 inches.

Thanos.jpg

Last edited:
Daik, the average apple is probably around 3 inches in height. In the photo, the apple is side by side with Death, so it should be the same 'size perspective' as Death. As you can see, Death is going to be at least 12 inches in height, head to toe (not including the base).

Now, you can't actually use the apple as a direct measurement comparison for Thanos because he is further from the camera lens than the apple. Thanos is going to look smaller in the photo than he should, since he is further away. Correcting for the 'size perspective' Thanos should be taller than 6 apples, which will put him at 19 to 20 inches. Thanos' base is much taller than the apple, so you could say 4 inches for the base and that would leave Thanos at around 16 inches.

Thanos.jpg

Thanos: 17 to 20" (with base)
Mistress: atleast 12 "

Very good for an dio that has two separate statues. His face is still Meh but I think its worth the money if the scale is good.

And Mistress Death has very nice boobies. lol

Back