Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i think the price will continue to go up, I am glad I was able to pick up this dio from Barbarian when nobody knows he will be in the movie :)

That's cool that you were able to pick it up. Barb is a great guy. I'm not surpised to hear he helped you out. I feel just as lucky with finally be able to score the Skaar EX. Avfin really did me a solid. It's people like Steve and Rick that make this such a great community.

So glad I pulled the trigger on my EX from sideshow, i stand firm it is the best representation of Thanos out there, bowen does not come close.

To all those naysayers I simply cover my ears and repeat :LA LA LA LA IM NOT LISTENING LA LA LA LA::wave

Forgive me if I've watched;

The Incredible Hulk and said, "It was okay."
Iron Man and said, "It was okay."
Iron Man 2 & said, "It was okay."
Thor and said, "It was okay."
Captain America... can you see where this is going?

Can you blame me if I think that The Avengers will be nothing more than just okay in my personal opinion? For me, I'm not going to pay today's ticket prices for something that I think will only be "okay".

Now, I'm one of the few that actually loved Ang Lee's "Hulk". That, I regret not seeing in the theater. So, flay me alive for that as well if it pleases you.

I agree with your assessments on all the stand-alone hero movies (IM2 IMO was probably the weakest of them all... disagree only about Ang Lee's Hulk, which I absolutely hated) but I would honestly encourage you to see Avengers while it is out in theatres. It really lives up to the hype and Joss Whedon got it about 99% right, IMO. Definitely worth paying 3-D/IMAX prices for and I'd be astonished if you regretted it.

I agree with your assessments on all the stand-alone hero movies (IM2 IMO was probably the weakest of them all... disagree only about Ang Lee's Hulk, which I absolutely hated) but I would honestly encourage you to see Avengers while it is out in theatres. It really lives up to the hype and Joss Whedon got it about 99% right, IMO. Definitely worth paying 3-D/IMAX prices for and I'd be astonished if you regretted it.

Yes. This is exactly how I felt. However, I really thought the 1st Iron Man was spot on. Avengers is a cut above all of the previous marvel movies IMHO.

Yes. This is exactly how I felt. However, I really thought the 1st Iron Man was spot on. Avengers is a cut above all of the previous marvel movies IMHO.

No, you're right, I actually was going to put in a caveat about the first Iron Man, as I did think it was the strongest of the pack, but forgot. Like you say, though, Avengers is just on another level. My favourite Marvel-based movie ever. I own none of the other movies on Blu-Ray but will definitely be getting Avengers on release. Also the only movie from that list that I've bothered to check out in theatres and will be going to again while it's still out.

Sorry, just realized thread title. I'll stop talking about the movie, now. :p

Yeah i think the price will continue to go up, I am glad I was able to pick up this dio from Barbarian when nobody knows he will be in the movie :)
Crom, I miss that damn statue! I want it back!!! :monkey2 :lol

That's cool that you were able to pick it up. Barb is a great guy. I'm not surpised to hear he helped you out. I feel just as lucky with finally be able to score the Skaar EX. Avfin really did me a solid. It's people like Steve and Rick that make this such a great community.
Thanks for the kind words, brother! Happy to hear you hooked up with Skaaaaaaaar. There are many folks around willing to do a good deed. You just have to be lucky enough to stumble across them. If it wasn't for Jaakub here on the Freaks, I would most likely be without my Jason Voorhees EX PF. Sideshow screwed up on my order and cancelled it. It was one of those times they did the zero tolerance cancellation on any order that didn't go through on the first try and it was their fault. :gah: Didn't matter though. We get by with a little help from our friends. :grouphug

Yeah, I don't know why I'm so cranky... sorry.
:1-1:
Cranky is no excuse. Still gonna flay ya. :D :wave

:pfft: :lol

Don't see you post as often as you used to, man. Miss seeing your musings and CG work.
Yo, Jedah. :wave I just haven't bought as much stuff or gotten excited about many upcoming pieces lately. I've gotten somewhat disenchanted in the past year with collecting because of disappointing flaws, etc. I've cut WAY back on what I buy. Thanks for the kind words, brother. :1-1:
:lol too late bro. It already passed the 30 days window :lol
:gah: :lol

Yo, Jedah. :wave I just haven't bought as much stuff or gotten excited about many upcoming pieces lately. I've gotten somewhat disenchanted in the past year with collecting because of disappointing flaws, etc. I've cut WAY back on what I buy. Thanks for the kind words, brother. :1-1:

How's it going brother Barb'?

I think a lot of us are in this boat. I know that I have cut my purchases back at least 50% of what I use to buy, for the same reason that you mentioned. I remember when I first joined this hobby. I was throwing money around like crazy, but these days, I've seen a steady increase of greenbacks in my wallet...:yess: I guess...:(

I think a lot of us are in this boat. I know that I have cut my purchases back at least 50% of what I use to buy, for the same reason that you mentioned. I remember when I first joined this hobby. I was throwing money around like crazy, but these days, I've seen a steady increase of greenbacks in my wallet...:yess: I guess...:(

The Rogue nightmare is what made me put the brakes on. I sent mine back last October for replacement and I just got my new one about a week ago, 8 months to fix a ____ty paintjob that should have never been painted that way. That, and Sideshow pretending that how Rogue turned out was all "a matter of opinion".

Also with Thanos, I went through 3 replacements before getting one that wasn't broke. I wrote those guys several emails and called a few times saying hey listen, "Make the damn shield attachable like any other base you have ever made" and I got the cookie cutter "thanks for your feedback". As companies grow, a lot of common sense practices go to the wayside.

After they pulled that crap, I cancelled a ton of pieces and haven't gotten truly excited about a Sideshow piece since. I have a few things on PO, but its night and day from last year when I had 2-3 things arriving each month.

All I get excited about lately is Hot Toys and 1/6 customs.

Yo, Iron! Been pretty dang good lately. Hope you have too. I know exactly what you mean about the greenbacks building up. It's nice for a change. :lol I've cut back even more than 50%. I'll often see a piece I want, but shy away from the buy because I'm afraid of what I'll actually receive in the end. I don't even consider myself that picky, but lately I haven't been all that happy with the end product. Admittedly, I have received some great pieces in the past year, but there have also been many duds.
The Rogue nightmare is what made me put the brakes on. I sent mine back last October for replacement and I just got my new one about a week ago, 8 months to fix a ____ty paintjob that should have never been painted that way. That, and Sideshow pretending that how Rogue turned out was all "a matter of opinion".
:exactly: Yup! That's the piece that started the slippery slope for me too. Since then, I am so damn gun shy that I have serious problems pulling the trigger on most pieces, no matter how badly I want them.

My first Thanos/Missy Death was broken also. My replacement wasn't, but their remedy to this was having muskrats chew out a hole in the foam where Cap's shield was. It worked, yeah. But, it was total amateur hour. :slap

:gah: :lol

Same here. When I first got into this hobby I was spending like a mad man. I even fell into the old grail trap when people would label something as a grail I would fall for it and buy it just to buy it. But I was newbie collector back then and now I know better now. So lately I've been selling all my 1/6 pieces, PCS statues and a whole bunch of other stuff that I was never that much into to begin with. Added to the fact that prices have been shooting up and QC has sucked ass. So I'm now being very selective and I'm ONLY getting what I TRULY love and not what others like or think is cool. Only the best of the best..the prettiest and the sexiest.

Just scored one. Thanks tfc, it looks awesome. And no eBay price. Thanks for helping a fellow freak tfc...pics to follow.

Just scored one. Thanks tfc, it looks awesome. And no eBay price. Thanks for helping a fellow freak tfc...pics to follow.

Congrats on your new piece. I've had this since it's been released and love it. Did you get the EX or the Reg version?

Back