Terra Nova on FOX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched it tonight. It wasn't as horrible as I was expecting, but it wasn't anything great either. I actually enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so. And I do like actor Jason O'Mara. He was really good on Life On Mars, so it's nice to see him on a series again.

The whole kids angle could really kill it for me. The fact that both the son and daughter found love interests on their first day there... :lol And how is it that 3 of the "cool kids" were attacked by dinos but somehow escaped death? The one dino was just sort of chomping on that one kid's leg. :lol

I also found the CGI to be inconsistent. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was really poor.

The "Greys" are coming for you.

greyalien02.gif

U MAD? Haha...

I just watched it tonight. It wasn't as horrible as I was expecting, but it wasn't anything great either. I actually enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so. And I do like actor Jason O'Mara. He was really good on Life On Mars, so it's nice to see him on a series again.

The whole kids angle could really kill it for me. The fact that both the son and daughter found love interests on their first day there... :lol And how is it that 3 of the "cool kids" were attacked by dinos but somehow escaped death? The one dino was just sort of chomping on that one kid's leg. :lol

I also found the CGI to be inconsistent. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it was really poor.
I agree with all of this.

My only real problem is the friggin kids..it seems like EVERY show has to have the teenage drama crap in it now. Oh, and the fact that their weapons seem to have no effect on the dinosaurs whatsoever was a bit annoying..

Really liked the show though, I can just ignore the teenage crap.
I really hope we see more of the future Earth also..

I agree with all of this.

My only real problem is the friggin kids..it seems like EVERY show has to have the teenage drama crap in it now. Oh, and the fact that their weapons seem to have no effect on the dinosaurs whatsoever was a bit annoying..

Really liked the show though, I can just ignore the teenage crap.
I really hope we see more of the future Earth also..

QFT. :lecture :monkey4

I'll watch... for the 5 weeks before it gets cancelled.

Totally forgot it was on last night. Guess that tells me how much I'm interested in this show.

I was ready to reject it after the first hour of the pilot, but the 2nd hour redeemed it I think. The 2nd episode didn't really advance the mythology and one wonders with the show runner changes if they're trying to throw out the mythology completely and just make it a Jurassic family drama. If they do - then I'll lose interest pretty quickly.

What do you mean by mythology? Just the general overall plot? I think if they advance too fast on the overall plot then they risk having no point to the show after 1 season.

IMO its better to mix it up in a way like Smallville where some episodes advance the plot and the other episodes are just contained stories.

What I'm more worried about is the cliche episodes like everyone losing their memory. That sounds kinds lame.

I enjoyed the first 2 hour premiere... its nothing special, but still seemed to have potential. But I thought it was odd that they explained the origin of the symbols so quickly. Kind of odd to kill my curiosity with a bit of forced exposition.

The 3rd hour (what was on Mondy) was much less interesting... the story was mediocre and resolved to quickly/easily. Also the family members continue to bore me; although it feels like the writers are trying to create tension between the characters it comes off as very hamfisted.

Gotta feeling this will be removed off the DVR queue after another week or two.

The only strength is the lead actor post cmdr, he was a great choice. I only have one question, where in the hell is the air support? I mean it's the future, there aren't any hovercraft or helicopters made of super-light super-strong materials running on super efficient batteries or fuels distilled on sight???? :slap

I gave it a chance, but I think the 90s Land of the Lost did it better.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlUBOzpkjY&feature=related[/ame]

im actually enjoying the episodes. there so much more contained than the pilot but i kind of like that aspect of the show. Tonights episode was a good drama fueled story, some badass moments. Im hype to see what the Finale is like and if they get picked up.

Back