Terminator Salvation - Blu-Ray...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the vicious cycle of Terminator time travel. I grew up believe Connor had one father originally, but through the events of the future, Kyle became his father, but then it opens the question, was John always conceived by Kyle going back in time, in which case the future is written before the past. Time travel in films can really screw with your brain when things like this happen.

Marty, you're not thinking 4th dimensionally!

BacktotheFutureDocBrown-full.jpg

That is purely your interpretation. Total speculation on your part being he never says that he is Johns father. Did you hear him say this or are you a mind reader now too? When does he put 2 and 2 together he doesn't he just plain and simple GETS LAID. I'm done with this argument.The end :D

To quote Christian Bale, "What don't you !@#%$#ing understand?"

He put 2 and 2 together and realized that HE was John's father. Simple biology.

He doesn't know it up UNTIL that moment at the Tiki motel.

Come on dude. Why are we arguing about this? Like I said before, as others have said, it can be interpreted both ways. John realizes he is the father or he is oblivious to it but if Kyle has half a brain, which he does, surely he must have realized it when he is all alone with Sarah in the Tiki motel. Up until that moment he is too busy trying to save her life to have given it much thought.

We are not arguing we were discussing... I'm done. You believe what you want. I just don't see anything in the TIKI Motel scene that supports your theory. Sarah initiates sex and he goes for it. Any guy would have. So lets just agree to disagree. Mike

Come on dude. Why are we arguing about this? Like I said before, as others have said, it can be interpreted both ways. John realizes he is the father or he is oblivious to it but if Kyle has half a brain, which he does, surely he must have realized it when he is all alone with Sarah in the Tiki motel. Up until that moment he is too busy trying to save her life to have given it much thought.

True but come on, you've just gone back in time to protect the mother of the the future and you're banging her. Certainly Reese must have had a Eureeka! moment.

The R version only got a 12 rating in the UK
The BBFC reviewed the added scenes and felt they were not sufficient enough to increase the age rating. Not even to a 15

In the 2 minutes it lasted .... NO:lol:rotfl:lol

That's why I said he realized it when he gets mad at himself BEFORE they consumated.

And I'm sure the sex lasted more than 2 minutes we just didn't see all of the X-rated details.

I'm not sure I agree that Reese ever came to the realisation he was John's dad. We know that for the majority of his appearance in the film he definitely doesn't know; this is made clear by his line "John never said much about him...I know he dies before the war-". The "I shouldn't have said that" line in the motel indicates to me that he feels like he's in some way betraying John by having the hots for his mum. Surely if he knew at that point he'd have no guilt about it. But of course we all know what happens and they shag. Its possible the thought crosses his mind after-the-fact "Uh oh I didn't pull out! I hope that doesn't result in a.......wait a minute....naw..couldn't be..or..maybe?...Huh".

However I feel that up to that point he felt as though he was doing wrong by John and thoughts of a predestination paradox whereby he was meant to fall in love with sarah and father John connor had not occured to him. We can only speculate what went through his head thereafter because the film immediately kicks into action from that point on until reese is killed.

Wow, I miss a nice "debate". I just love the "issues" Terminator/Time travel can bring. To what Maul Fan said, I also thought, kinda actually still believe that John had originally a different father and when Kyle came back in time, he took over Daddy's duties. But whatever... hey, maybe John's original father was the dude on Sarah's tape recorder that stood her up for that night when she and Ginger was getting ready to go out. Well back to drinking........

Wow, I miss a nice "debate". I just love the "issues" Terminator/Time travel can bring. To what Maul Fan said, I also thought, kinda actually still believe that John had originally a different father and when Kyle came back in time, he took over Daddy's duties. But whatever... hey, maybe John's original father was the dude on Sarah's tape recorder that stood her up for that night when she and Ginger was getting ready to go out. Well back to drinking........

Predestination Paradox. Kyle was/is/always Connor's father.

Predestination Paradox. Kyle was/is/always Connor's father.

Just read what that fully meant:D. And you know what, I think your right. Same goes with Mile Dyson too I guess. Supposedly his work with Cyberdyne which lead to the creation of Skynet, was based on the Endo Arm and Chip processor that was found from the original Terminator that was sent in Time by Skynet that was given to Dyson by Two unknown People that I'm pretty sure Dyson was updating them on his work which is why the Destruction of the T-1000, T-800, the Endo Arm from the original Terminator, The Processor Chip from the Original Terminator never stopped Judgement Day because Skynet sent the Original Terminator back in time only to get mostly destroyed except for the arm and that Dam chip which was found by the mystery men which gave it to Dyson and told him not to ask questions and Dyson based his work on it which lead to the creation of Skynet and........................ I forgot my point.............brain feeling like it's gonna explode..............

If your brain doesn't hurt enought yet, deal with this one, Skynet refers to the failures of the T-800 and T-1000 to terminate John Connor loosely talking to Marcus, yet really, how can it have any idea of those events because T:S takes place before either Terminator is sent back in time, and only Connor really has any knowledge of those events, it's not like they're on file somewhere for Skynet to tap into. Little T:S writing plothole :lol

if your brain doesn't hurt enought yet, deal with this one, skynet refers to the failures of the t-800 and t-1000 to terminate john connor loosely talking to marcus, yet really, how can it have any idea of those events because t:s takes place before either terminator is sent back in time, and only connor really has any knowledge of those events, it's not like they're on file somewhere for skynet to tap into. Little t:s writing plothole :lol

aarrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your brain doesn't hurt enought yet, deal with this one, Skynet refers to the failures of the T-800 and T-1000 to terminate John Connor loosely talking to Marcus, yet really, how can it have any idea of those events because T:S takes place before either Terminator is sent back in time, and only Connor really has any knowledge of those events, it's not like they're on file somewhere for Skynet to tap into. Little T:S writing plothole :lol

You can thank T3 for that. The TX uploaded the information and JD got postponed so this is an alternate timelime that has diverged when Miles Dyson was killed and the endo arm and CPU were destroyed.

they sent a terminator back in time to the T:S time and told themselves....maybe....ah heck, time travels always messes everything up. :lol

they sent a terminator back in time to the T:S time and told themselves....maybe....ah heck, time travels always messes everything up. :lol

yeah those stinking terminator trashcans don't play by the rules and don't care about the timeline :( Picard would be up in arms :emperor

It's not time travel, it's writing and creative decisions.

The writers got too caught up in the point that judgement day is innevitable because of human nature that they didn't notice or care about the fact that only John and Sarah knew when the original judgement day was suppose to happen, so Skynet and the T-850 end up knowing about events that never happened but were suppose to. The bit about Skynet knowing John's fondness for the T-800 after T2 and using that to assassinate him ruins it too, cuz there would be no record of that for Skynet to learn it.

That's not time travel, it's just writing decisions. Same with T:S, for whatever reason, they chose to add dialogue in the Marcus-Skynet scene reference the past attempts on Connor, where you could easily have written other dialogue that makes no references to anything outside of the T:S world.

Back