Terminator Salvation - Blu-Ray...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenammagazine

Super Freak
Reaction score
So are there any Special Editions or Collector's Editions we should be looking out for? The most I could find was a Director's Cut with 30min of added footage.

5166_front.jpg

I have seen it and I don't see 30 minutes worth of new material in the movie maybe 30 seconds of side boob.

I have seen it and I don't see 30 minutes worth of new material in the movie maybe 30 seconds of side boob.

There is only 3 minutes of added footage, not 30 minutes. Basically the topless scene with Blair and an extended scene of Connor talking about his mother over the radio.

I'm also surprised McG cut out the scene of Kyle burying Marcus and finding the picture of Sarah Connor in his jacket. That was ESSENTIAL.

Have yet to see this. Does the Blu-Ray come with the theatrical and director's cut, or only the director's cut?

It's seamlessly branched. The theatrical cut only has Dolby 5.1 but the director's cut has lossless DTS.

I watched the Maximum Movie mode with McG and it was awesome. All BD commentaries should be like that. It was like going to film school.

I picked up my Blu-ray copy today at Best Buy. I did see a "Special Edition" at Target that touted 30 minutes of added footage, but I think it was DVD only. Didn't think to check the back of the DVD for the actual times. The Blu-ray Director's cut is 117 minutes long and the theatrical cut is 114 minutes long.

I watched the Maximum Movie mode with McG and it was awesome. All BD commentaries should be like that. It was like going to film school.

Zack Snyder did that first with the WATCHMEN Director's Cut and it's indeed fantastic.

isnt there a alternate ending too?

No, McG only talks about it but was never filmed. The ending was Connor dying and Marcus putting on his skin and then killing everybody and Skynet wins. Ballsey but it would have defeated the whole point.

Just picked mine up at best buy during lunch. They also had one in their "limited" plastic endoskull case. Similar to what was done with iron man and the dark knight, nothing worth $35.

Just picked mine up at best buy during lunch. They also had one in their "limited" plastic endoskull case. Similar to what was done with iron man and the dark knight, nothing worth $35.

I have to agree man. I snagged mine at Best Buy earlier. The Blu Ray was $20 and it had the same features as the "Endoskull Case" version. That "Endoskull Case" is not worth the $15.00 price hike IMO.

Back