Terminator Salvation = Awesome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw the movie and it was OK. I liked all the references and tributes.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw the movie and it was OK. I liked all the references and tributes.
Spoiler Spoiler:

And seeing it a second time, you notice even more, like:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Im in menorca at the minute, good to be on holiday yes :joy . But cant wait to see the film!

So I finally saw this... (long story...)
And over the weekend I saw T1 thru T3...

Here are my thoughts... first the bad:

On the first three movies, there's at least a sense of urgency... a sense of danger... that something really bad could happen... but not in Salvation...
we don't get to "know" this John Connor... they just assume we already care for him...
We're supposed to "care" for Marcus... but why?...
Same thing with Kyle Reese...
I don't know... I never felt the real "threat" as with the other movies...
even T3 is better at that. I guess because this time around they aren't being pursued by a specific Terminator, maybe?

I don't know, I felt the story line was confusing and chaotic...
like they weren't sure if they wanted to portray Marcus as a redeemed hero or as a
former criminal seeking revenge... There's no chemistry between him and Reese, or Connor...
Bale's acting sucked... and pretty much all the characters are "just there"...

Also, I'm not sure if it's already been discussed (it's a long ass thread),
but, did McG edited something out when Marcus and Blair are in that lot when it's raining?
Seems like something is missing there, all of the sudden rain is gone and there's 3 dudes with her? Did I miss something?

I usually love Danny Elfman's work, but this soundtrack sucks big time... sounds pretty lazy...

There's more things I didn't like, but these are my biggest gripes...

The good:

The special effects are great!!
The robot designs and animatronics are amazing!!!
The whole set and environment looked great as well...
Lots of great nods to the originals, without being too cheesey...

Overall, it was just OK, pretty average, which is unfortunate...
So far this year I've been mostly unimpressed...
Except for Watchmen and Drag me to Hell...

So I finally saw this... (long story...)
And over the weekend I saw T1 thru T3...

Here are my thoughts... first the bad:

On the first three movies, there's at least a sense of urgency... a sense of danger... that something really bad could happen... but not in Salvation...
we don't get to "know" this John Connor... they just assume we already care for him...
We're supposed to "care" for Marcus... but why?...
Same thing with Kyle Reese...
I don't know... I never felt the real "threat" as with the other movies...
even T3 is better at that. I guess because this time around they aren't being pursued by a specific Terminator, maybe?

I don't know, I felt the story line was confusing and chaotic...
like they weren't sure if they wanted to portray Marcus as a redeemed hero or as a
former criminal seeking revenge... There's no chemistry between him and Reese, or Connor...
Bale's acting sucked... and pretty much all the characters are "just there"...

Also, I'm not sure if it's already been discussed (it's a long ass thread),
but, did McG edited something out when Marcus and Blair are in that lot when it's raining?
Seems like something is missing there, all of the sudden rain is gone and there's 3 dudes with her? Did I miss something?

I usually love Danny Elfman's work, but this soundtrack sucks big time... sounds pretty lazy...

There's more things I didn't like, but these are my biggest gripes...

The good:

The special effects are great!!
The robot designs and animatronics are amazing!!!
The whole set and environment looked great as well...
Lots of great nods to the originals, without being too cheesey...

Overall, it was just OK, pretty average, which is unfortunate...
So far this year I've been mostly unimpressed...
Except for Watchmen and Drag me to Hell...

Great review, good points.

Just got back from the cinema, and in my opinion it was freaking awsome. I loved it!..... Just thought I'd share... :naughty

Smally.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw the movie today also! I gave a brief review in the movies section!

Loved it!

Bri:horror

I don't know why there are so many Complaints I loved it too and I didn't think Bales Acting sucked at all....I never once thought to my self it was Bale playing connor.....I was actually quite pleased this was the first time we saw a connor that was BadA$$ instead of Whiny!!!

Great move IMO....hope they make more :D

Finally checked it out last night and I loved it! My only complaint is that at times the story telling seemed choppy. Like when Marcus and the pilot chick (forgot her name) got in out of the rain the night after her plane crashed. One second they're getting out of the rain, she's putting her gun down and he's off to look for wood and the next a group of 4 or 5 thugs show up, Marcus kicks their asses then, the next thing you know, the two of them are sitting by a fire snuggling. That transition just took an odd jump for me. For a second I wasn't sure if I was watching a dream sequence or what?

Anyway, there were a couple little nit picking things that make this movie narrowly miss being perfect, in my eyes. That being said, I still LOOOOOOOOOVED IT. :woo

Just got back from seeing it for a second time and was just as good the second time round as well, if anything I could relax and enjoy what was happening more.

I have a review I wrote posted at SciFi.co.uk
Terminator Salvation Review

went with my brother and his friend who've been detached from the Hype in the way we never are here :lol and they really enjoyed it too.

Back