Terminator diorama display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a pretty decent figure for the price. No weight to it though as it is plastic but the eyes do light up. It is more of a gateway drug that will have you itching for the 1/4 scale sideshow or cinemaquette. Tread carefully, you are entering expensive waters:maul

Just awesome!

I was thinking of getting one of those Neca 18''. I have never seen one in person. Is it "pretty decent" out of the box? Does it have any weight to it?

Awesome base! Youve made it look incredible!

Thanks everybody!! Yeah, the piece doesn't look very good at all unless it's painted. Unfortunately I do not have the skills to paint it up, but it was done by applying a black base coat and then airbrushed chrome silver.

once done though, it is fantastic.

I appreciate all the compliments on the base - if I ever decide to make more for sale, I'll let you all know.

Once I get the repainted NECA 21" alien from Les, I'll be doing a base for him as well. It will probably be much simpler, but I'm not sure yet. Will have to watch the movie again to find some good ideas for a base.

Its a pretty decent figure for the price. No weight to it though as it is plastic but the eyes do light up. It is more of a gateway drug that will have you itching for the 1/4 scale sideshow or cinemaquette. Tread carefully, you are entering expensive waters:maul

Thanks alot for the reply Balsquat!

You are wise in the ways of collecting! LOL - You hit the nail on the head!!!

I've been poking around looking for a cheap fix!!!! They are expensive waters indeed. LOL!

When I came across this I've figured, THIS is is in ol' Tooks price range and just might get the shakes under control!! The 12 incher just isnt large enough and I cant afford anything else.

This may be the ticket for Took! With a repaint of course.

Also, Reinhardt, I see some bluish light in your shots......Is that Photoshop or something or did you rig that up too?

Really just an awesome job all the way around! :drool:drool:drool

Also, Reinhardt, I see some bluish light in your shots......Is that Photoshop or something or did you rig that up too?

Really just an awesome job all the way around! :drool:drool:drool

Thanks!

No photoshop - i used black lighting and red lighting to achieve that effect. i don't have the photoshop skills to do that! :lol

Last edited:
Just come across this thread and the endo looks superb, im thinking of getting one and may have my first bash at painting to try and get it to look like that.

amazing custom job you have there with repainting the NECA 18" Endo. I really love what you did with the base. It was great you chose the intro of T2. Cool water effect as well....GREAT JOB!!!!:banana:banana:banana

Thanks everybody!! Yeah, the piece doesn't look very good at all unless it's painted. Unfortunately I do not have the skills to paint it up, but it was done by applying a black base coat and then airbrushed chrome silver.

once done though, it is fantastic.

I appreciate all the compliments on the base - if I ever decide to make more for sale, I'll let you all know.

Once I get the repainted NECA 21" alien from Les, I'll be doing a base for him as well. It will probably be much simpler, but I'm not sure yet. Will have to watch the movie again to find some good ideas for a base.

I was thinking about buying one and making it a base ( the neca alien ).
The first movie though doesn't have many bright scenes and its hard to see anything other than the grate. Even the cinemaquette has a simple base.
For a peice of this height it can seem boring but if its accurate its accurate I guess.
Your endo looks awesome man. :rock:D

Back