TED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see this because the theater close to me got hit by bad storms and they have no power. May not have any till July 6th. :(

Okay - I HATE Family Guy - I've tried to watch it a few times, in the beginning, when it came back - but it's just not funny. There are a lot of things that are subjective - but Family Guy's funniness is not one them - it is EMPIRICALLY NOT FUNNY. Laughed a couple of times in the Star Wars episodes - but never has a regular episode gotten me to even crack a smile. Just because you reference something in pop culture doesn't make it a joke or remotely funny. You have to DO something with it.

Well, if "Ted" is any kind of sign - then Seth has actually learned this lesson. Ted is roll-on-the-ground funny. Yes, I'd have preferred someone I actually like playing the lead - someone who didn't give "dad" vibes around Mila Kunis - someone who could actually act. The Teddy Bear is more expressive than "The Wall" Wahlberg.

But him aside - the bear and Mila have enough screen time that I can forgive Seth for casting Markie Mark. Not only does it have a lot of heart, but it actually works on more than one level, which I probably wouldn't have believed Mcfarlane was capable of writing. Yes, it's a simplistic level about a man who can't leave his childhood behind (no one on this forum knows anything about that, right?) but it still works.

A 20 year old in my office loved this movie - which kind of surprised me as he wouldn't get half the references. I'm sure he's never seen Flash Gordon and probably didn't get the "Airplane!" reference at all.

This film works like Bridesmaids and The Hangover did - there's a lot of raunch, but also some sentimentality. There are some hilarious cameos too and I don't think any joke fell completely flat.

Maybe I should give Family Guy another try...

Last edited:
there was a time when i found family guy hilarious. now i hate almost every episode. i agree that it tries to get laughs by pretty much picking on someone or something and being obnoxious about it. not even trying to be funny with it anymore - feels like i'm watching 20mins of bullying. the show's become so mean i can barely watch it, and i found myself praying for another south park episode that would rip it a new one.

having said that, the trailer for ted looks hilarious. i'd never even heard of it before my mother pointed it out to me. she says she wants to see it more than any other movie! :lol

Okay - I HATE Family Guy - I've tried to watch it a few times, in the beginning, when it came back - but it's just not funny. There are a lot of things that are subjective - but Family Guy's funniness is not one them - it is EMPIRICALLY NOT FUNNY. Laughed a couple of times in the Star Wars episodes - but never has a regular episode gotten me to even crack a smile. Just because you reference something in pop culture doesn't make it a joke or remotely funny. You have to DO something with it.

Well, if "Ted" is any kind of sign - then Seth has actually learned this lesson. Ted is role on the ground funny. Yes, I'd have preferred someone I actually like playing the lead - someone who didn't give "dad" vibes around Mila Kunis - someone who could actually act. The Teddy Bear is more expressive than "The Wall" Wahlberg.

But him aside - the bear and Mila have enough screen time that I can forgive Seth for casting Markie Mark. Not only does it have a lot of heart, but it actually works on more than one level, which I probably wouldn't have believed Mcfarlane was capable of writing. Yes, it's a simplistic level about a man who can't leave his childhood behind (no one on this forum knows anything about that, right?) but it still works.

A 20 year old in my office loved this movie - which kind of surprised me as he wouldn't get half the references. I'm sure he's never seen Flash Gordon and probably didn't get the "Airplane!" reference at all.

This film works like Bridesmaids and The Hangover did - there's a lot of raunch, but also some sentimentality. There are some hilarious cameos too and I don't think any joke fell completely flat.

:goodpost::clap:goodpost: Wow Dave , you should write reviews for films buddy :panic:

there was a time when i found family guy hilarious. now i hate almost every episode. i agree that it tries to get laughs by pretty much picking on someone or something and being obnoxious about it. not even trying to be funny with it anymore - feels like i'm watching 20mins of bullying. the show's become so mean i can barely watch it, and i found myself praying for another south park episode that would rip it a new one.

having said that, the trailer for ted looks hilarious. i'd never even heard of it before my mother pointed it out to me. she says she wants to see it more than any other movie! :lol

Yes, you've nailed it as to why I've always hated Family Guy. And there is one joke in Ted that borders on this - but since it's Patrick Stewart saying it, I kind of forgive it.

Well, if "Ted" is any kind of sign - then Seth has actually learned this lesson. Ted is roll-on-the-ground funny. Yes, I'd have preferred someone I actually like playing the lead - someone who didn't give "dad" vibes around Mila Kunis - someone who could actually act. The Teddy Bear is more expressive than "The Wall" Wahlberg.

I think your opinion of Family Guy is very subjective:dunnoIt's style of comedy is random. Some find it funny, others don't. But otherwise good review

I think your opinion of Family Guy is very subjective:dunnoIt's style of comedy is random. Some find it funny, others don't. But otherwise good review

most of the time it's not funny,
is like me saying

HEY REMEMBER THAT TIME SIDESHOW FREAKS HAD A DARK KNIGHT THREAD? ME TOO! HIGH FIVE!

was that funny? ( I swear some of the jokes in family guy are just people yelling random things )

They also do this...

See this? Like this, do you see this? Uh? Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya......do ya? Huh? Huh? Huh? Do ya? Do ya? HEy did you see this? Did ya? Huh? Huh? Huh?.................Huh? Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya......do ya? Huh? Huh? Huh? Do ya? Do ya?

Had its moments but overall 6/10. Mark and Mila really do a good job carrying the movie, but sometimes the comedy is just TOO stupid.

They also do this...

See this? Like this, do you see this? Uh? Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya......do ya? Huh? Huh? Huh? Do ya? Do ya? HEy did you see this? Did ya? Huh? Huh? Huh?.................Huh? Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya......do ya? Huh? Huh? Huh? Do ya? Do ya?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxCt-yqP7HA[/ame]

I use to but now it's jokes are repetitive and it's 9/11 jokes are cruel and there's to many.

First Ted was really funny.

Second I find some Family guy stuff to be pretty funny, some is just whatever but still enjoy the show.

Third after reading thread its very obvious many people have NO sense of humor. Really you cant find the humor in the last clip show from family guy. You must not have kids, have the most boring kids , ignore them and are not a part of their lives, never been around kids or something.

First Ted was really funny.

Second I find some Family guy stuff to be pretty funny, some is just whatever but still enjoy the show.

Third after reading thread its very obvious many people have NO sense of humor. Really you cant find the humor in the last clip show from family guy. You must not have kids, have the most boring kids , ignore them and are not a part of their lives, never been around kids or something.

Apparently people hold network cartoons to really high standards these days. :lol

Back